Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Default Reloading help Grande Prairie

Greatings to all who visit this thread. I am looking for some help in Grande Prairie (or a short drive outside the city).

I have a savage rifle in 7mm Rem Mag to which I love to shoot. The problem I am running into is the available of ammo that I like to shoot (and purchase). I am interested in accuracy in a good hunting round and to date the cheap and very available Federal is not cutting it. I had my gun sighted in for 174gr Hornady Custom but I cannot buy it whenever I need or want to. I switched to Prvi Partizan in 175 gr but again after shooting 6-7 boxes, my supply in the city has run out. I really like how the Privi was shooting out of my gun and the price is right up my ally.

I don't like switching out ammo everytime I want to shoot because I use up most of my supply on adjusting my scope etc.. Also, I am not interested in spending $75+/box either.

So after all this is said and most of you have given up on reading this..... Is there anybody in or near the city that has reloading equipment for 7mm rem mag that could help me out????

I have powder, primers and bullets (again trying something new) because there was a person who was going to help me out but that never panned out. Unfortunally they also have all my spent brass (about 250 rounds) so I would have to purcahse some.

IF there is anybody who can help out please let me know. I wan't to start shooting again but I have nothing to shoot. I will be getting into reloading myself but just not this year.

HELP??
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

I wished that you lived closer to Okotoks or better yet that I lived closer to Grand Prairie. ( I love the north country) Great bear hunting north of Worsley!!!
I would always help a fellow hunter to get started into reloading or to help him out to reload a few boxes. Try an advertisment in the local news paper under the sports or personel section. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2010, 04:07 PM

im sure someone will come along in your area... If you happen to make it down to edmonton pm me and ill give u my number u can come over and load as many as you'd like, I love reloading my gf's and my 7mm savage. Made and burned 500 last year and learned some great lessons.... one is when reusing brass, check for case head separation with a long thin pick or dental tool like they sell at princess auto.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 PM

Thanks. I do hope that somebody out there can help me out..