Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Sheesh!!!!!!!...sorry....I just know if somebody showed up at my place to ask permission to clean out some gophers, and he had a rig like that...it might raise my eyebrow.... NOT SURRENDERED...just realistic....I enjoy different firearms, have owned hundreds over the 40+ years I have been playing with them....I think maybe we have to be realistic at times....my opinion only....new here, just hoping we can maintain the few rights we have left
I detest semis of almost ANY kind, but would never question someone's idea of fun when it comes to plinking or shooting gophers.

I was asked once why the H!ll I was hunting deer with a longbow when I could be shooting a compound - then the fight started!
Cat
Old 09-24-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I was asked once why the H!ll I was hunting deer with a longbow when I could be shooting a compound - then the fight started!
Cat
Longbows kick ass. Seriously, try one

Is yours a composite/synthetic, or is it of wooden laminations and fiberglass?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
Longbows kick ass. Seriously, try one

Is yours a composite/synthetic, or is it of wooden laminations and fiberglass?
I've been hunting with a Jack Kempf Flat bow for about 20 yers now, and my kid uses a 66" long bow.
I'd never consider even going back to a recurve let alone something with wheels.....
Cat
Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Who are you? I think your liberal heart is bleeding. He want's one and That and only that is reason enough!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 AM

I don't give a crap if somebody wants to look at me funny when I shoot my toys. If its non-restricted and I am the legal owner and I'm shooting in a place that is safe and wise, then yippie. Because I can. I have a CZ858 that in no way resembles what came out of the box.hehehehe Because I can..

I would like to try the longbow. The longbow is what made the British great till the musket came into common use. Devestating.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:30 AM

Default Grey zone ruger p90

Here is my subjective opinion.

1. P90 airsoft rifles are not prohibited in Canada. And we all know P90 airsoft stock may fit Ruger 10/22. So if you have this on your hands-you are 100% legal. After all, you are not importing an actual fire arm stock. You may buy bullpups if their action is an integral part of the stock, the list is very short of those you may purchase in Canada and the price is amazing 2000 CaD+. So, you are stuck with P90airsoft stock.

2. Now the question is, how legal it is to put your Ruger 10/22 into this Airsoft P90 stock. Strictly speaking. BULLPUP is when the action and trigger are in front of the mag. In P90Airsoft stock-ruger 10/22 mod, the trigger is still formally behind, and the BULLPUP-like design uses the leverage to act on real trigger. So it is not a BULLPUP strictly speaking. It just looks like it... I'll touch on the "LOOK" later.

3. So far, there is no LAW that specifically says P90airsoft Ruger 10/22 mod is prohibited. Now, the question is, can someone prove that the stock leverage is an actual trigger?? I am sure they will try their best. They will try to convince the judge that the safety is engaged at the level of the stock "trigger" and since you cannot engage safety on the real action because it is always on and hidden. You may quickly fix your safety and have double safety: one on real trigger and one on leverage "trigger".

Big brother will try to convince the judge that you may fire this gun w/o the stock.. since stock is not an integrral part of the action. Well, you may do it with ATI, TAPCO and other mods of Ruger, with which, RCMP is totally fine.

Then they will use as the last argument the following: "Well, it resembles closely P90 real auto gun"....Well you may counter-argument... I think it is not that black and white. It is really a far away resemblance like elephant resembles hypo.

Some people will be running with the ruler, but it's long enough to confirm with the law.

Lastly, there will be a screaming person in tears who will tell the judge that this mod looks scary...

etc etc
Old 12-31-2014, 07:57 PM

I hope the original poster held in there for seven years to get your answer!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post

well, I hope too
Old 01-01-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I found the info interesting and useful.