Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM

Default Spray Lake

The lake is at full level,visibility around 6-8 ft,next to no logs only seen 3 floaters.The boat launch is in rough shape if your going there this week i would bring a shovel/rake along. There are erosion trenches just before you hit the permanent concrete ramp in water.It took a little extra navigating to get boat in water,who knows when they will get to fixing it.The road up was fair to good better then past years.Fishing was tough but we still got 30 Lakers, 18 cutthroat and 10 whitefish.No big ones typical size.Was different fishing up there today because I caught 10 of those Lakers 6feet under the boat but i was in 55fow,never seen so many breaches on that lake in one day in my life,nothing seemed to be hatching there belly's were empty.Hope this info helpful.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the report! 18 cutthroats? holy smokes! I've heard of the odd one being caught, but that's really decent for spray!
The visibility is normally super great, but with all the flooding I can understand why it was so poor...
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesternewf View Post
The lake is at full level,visibility around 6-8 ft,next to no logs only seen 3 floaters.The boat launch is in rough shape if your going there this week i would bring a shovel/rake along. There are erosion trenches just before you hit the permanent concrete ramp in water.It took a little extra navigating to get boat in water,who knows when they will get to fixing it.The road up was fair to good better then past years.Fishing was tough but we still got 30 Lakers, 18 cutthroat and 10 whitefish.No big ones typical size.Was different fishing up there today because I caught 10 of those Lakers 6feet under the boat but i was in 55fow,never seen so many breaches on that lake in one day in my life,nothing seemed to be hatching there belly's were empty.Hope this info helpful.
30 Lakers 18 cutties, did not know they were even in there and then 10 whitefish to finish off.

WOW YOU BE SOME FISHER GUYS FOR SURE

PIC'S OR IT IS A VERY TALL TALE.

30 LAKERS
Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Do you camp up there? Thinking of taking the boat and trailer for a family trip.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Spent the entire day out at Spray yesterday, didn't catch anything but a sunburn. The roads are all open, though it looks like there have been a number of avalanches recently.

We fished up and down that place, both sides, not a single bite.

As beautiful as ever though.