Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Great pics and stories. You have just lived every hunters dream. Traveling to all points of the compass to hunt.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Incredible accomplishment, all of them amazing animals. So I'm just wondering what do you do now? Do you have a new goal? Are there any animals in paticular you would like another crack at or do you just enjoy and see what kind of opportunities come up? Thanks again for the photo's!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:53 PM

A HUGE Congratulations to you.... I just watched your float trip in the Yukon with your dad.... Great to see that still get pumped when you have the chance to harvest an animal....
Old 12-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak 150 View Post
Incredible accomplishment, all of them amazing animals. So I'm just wondering what do you do now? Do you have a new goal? Are there any animals in paticular you would like another crack at or do you just enjoy and see what kind of opportunities come up? Thanks again for the photo's!
You bet i am going to take a whack at the world slam of sheep now, I am starting of with the marco polo this upcomign year and maybe if i can sneak in a snow sheep hunt. Should be a hefty mountain to climb but i think i can do it in the next 5 years if these rigs stay busy.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
A HUGE Congratulations to you.... I just watched your float trip in the Yukon with your dad.... Great to see that still get pumped when you have the chance to harvest an animal....
Yea that was awsome trip, just me and dad floating and hunting, real father son time,. Wait till you see the ram he shot this year in the yukon , and i got it all on film
Old 12-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Good job buddy!
Makes me happy to see good things happen to good people.
Congrats to you!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

Trisha here is the 29 animals that it took to accomlish this quest. Thanks for the kind words , i tryed to pm you back but its full.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:46 PM

your game room must be your whole house! congrats!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM

Congrats to you and also to your Family for standing behind you.
No doubt a very difficult accomplishment with alot of sacrafices to make it happen.
Great job and best of luck to any future adventures.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM

pm box it right full so here is a run down of all the hutns for the guys asking, There was a ton of adventures on this quest and its deffntly something i have alot of pride in.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
pm box it right full so here is a run down of all the hutns for the guys asking, There was a ton of adventures on this quest and its deffntly something i have alot of pride in.
So whats the next hunt youve planned for the up-coming season? Congrats again on your completion of the NA29.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Got a very nice phone call from the boys from bass pro down in the states yesterday, they want me as a guest on there radio network they have going to discuss some of the adventures i was on. Mark drury will be there also.

I guess they say there is 750000 listeners to it( how they know i have no idea ) but if i can inspire 10 kids or adults into achieving a goal or climbing a mountain for a big old ram. in our hunting world it will be all worth it. Kinda cool i thought.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Got a very nice phone call from the boys from bass pro down in the states yesterday, they want me as a guest on there radio network they have going to discuss some of the adventures i was on. Mark drury will be there also.

I guess they say there is 750000 listeners to it( how they know i have no idea ) but if i can inspire 10 kids or adults into achieving a goal or climbing a mountain for a big old ram. in our hunting world it will be all worth it. Kinda cool i thought.
Kid 1 done, I am 14 and you have definitely inspired me!!!

Lethal Prostaff Member
Canadian Waterfowl Prostaff Member
Sillosock Prostaff Member
Pure Gold Chokes Prostaff Member
Lynch Mob Calls Prostaff Member
Wolverine Guns and Tackle
Old 07-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
I stole this from another site......I just about peed myself laughing!!!!!!!

"At first I thought this was just a wealthy guy throwing his money around. (If I had it this is exactly what I would do.)

Then he said he works on the oil rigs so I figure he's a common guy.

"Then I saw his wife and I thought he's gotta be a rich guy.

Then I saw his hair do in the Musk Ox picture and I'm thinking common guy again because he would have done the Donald on the hair if he had the money.

My final profile of Gunslinger is that he is a middle age male of slightly above average wealth who is hung like a horse with an affinity for having his picture taken with a variety of big dead critters.

Great trophies Slinger! Thanks for sharing. Now get after those sheep!"

Congrats again Slinger'!!!!!!

tm
LMFAO!!!
Congrats gunslinger!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:28 PM

^^^Hilarious

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM

Congrats! Truly enjoyed the pics and stories!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 PM

right on good times, looking at this post makes me kinda wanna complete it myself !!!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
right on good times, looking at this post makes me kinda wanna complete it myself !!!
You deffintly should, your well on your way already, the most fun i had during the whole experience was the excietement of each hunt coming up, What the terrain was, the animals, the rocks, what kind of wheather, Can i call this animal or is it a spot and stock, and each animal is so different it really added alot to the experience, jees i just get jacked up thinking about it again just typing, I often think about the animals that i really want to go and hunt again. Like for instance the rooselvelt elk in the huge cutblocks in bc, rather than in oregon, or the greenland muskox instead of the barren.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM

Good for you Pat, your mugg belongs on the radio, ha.
Kidding, congrats again.

TBark
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM

This is well deserved!! I got to work for pat in his family's bear camp this spring, I can conclude the following.

1. Pat is the hardest working man you will ever meet.
2. The garrets are the most honest honorable people around.
3. If someone has the title Mrs. Garret chances are she can cook beyond belief
4. They know hunting inside and out.
5. I'm a better outdoorsman for knowing them.
6. Nothing is impossible
7. When in a riverboat and pat calls a Rockford, hang on to your shorts
8. Always carry toilet paper... Long story
9. Good things happen to good folk
10. Humbleness will take you allot further than cockiness

Thanks Pat, go kill them sheep man
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:

That is really cool, congrats...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 PM

Default N/a 29!!

Congratulations on accomplishing your goal!
I noticed in the caribou pictiures, you do not have one of the Caribou/reindeer that Jim Shockey has secured exclusive rights to on the Alutian Islands. Where do they fit into the N/A 29?
Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreg View Post
I noticed in the caribou pictiures, you do not have one of the Caribou/reindeer that Jim Shockey has secured exclusive rights to on the Alutian Islands. Where do they fit into the N/A 29?
Thanks
They don't as they are an introduced species.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
You deffintly should, your well on your way already, the most fun i had during the whole experience was the excietement of each hunt coming up, What the terrain was, the animals, the rocks, what kind of wheather, Can i call this animal or is it a spot and stock, and each animal is so different it really added alot to the experience, jees i just get jacked up thinking about it again just typing, I often think about the animals that i really want to go and hunt again. Like for instance the rooselvelt elk in the huge cutblocks in bc, rather than in oregon, or the greenland muskox instead of the barren.
so true.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 PM

well done! a dream come true! those are some great animals!!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 PM

congrats
Old 07-04-2012, 04:13 PM

Default N/a 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
They don't as they are an introduced species.
Interesting! Thanks, I appreciate the information, but I'll bet Shockey is working hard to get them added to the list?
I also noticed a comment that the 29 doesn't include the Walrus and a speculative answer? Woulsd the same be true about Bison? There are 2 species -Wood and Plains. Again perhaps because the American's don't have the Wood Bison?

Pat- I hope you get them all and then we can have a Uniquley Canadian, North American Grand Slam 31!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
sheephunter

The N/A 29 was originally created in conjunction with the original 29 North American animals recognized by Pope and Young. It's since been modified by various groups.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Interesting! Thanks, I appreciate the information, but I'll bet Shockey is working hard to get them added to the list?
I also noticed a comment that the 29 doesn't include the Walrus and a speculative answer? Woulsd the same be true about Bison? There are 2 species -Wood and Plains. Again perhaps because the American's don't have the Wood Bison?

Pat- I hope you get them all and then we can have a Uniquley Canadian, North American Grand Slam 31!
Yea for sure, i have always wanted to experience the walrus it just is such a hard hunt to do, the logistics are killers and non hunter fee is huge, one day maybe. The bison wheather it be a plains or wood would be really neat to add, but then we would get up into the 33 range, because now your talking 2 different kind of muskox,and a couple others.

Also the free range bison in the i killed was in fort nelson on the sikini river.Was deffintly one of the most challenging hunt i was on, There a smart animal. The boys that go way up north alberta to get them are in my books one of the hardest hunts on the planet, turbo mulcher and the boys did it and the stories are awsome.

When chuck adams invented the superslam he sat down and thought you know what there is a grand slam, a deer slam, a caribou slam, then when he was real close to achieving his dream he named it the superslam of north america......Absoltly awsome
Old 07-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks
Yup exactly what tj said and to tell you the truth i never even heard of them until i seen them on wild tv on shockeys show there. Actually i dont even know anyone that has went on that hunt

Come to think of it my grand slam ram and conclusion to the n/a 29 will be on outdoor quest tonight at 730 if you want to see it, pretty cool video

Last edited by gunslinger; 07-04-2012 at 05:24 PM.