Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 PM

I had a great time at the shoot. Great guys, lots of laughs and an awesome range!!
Big thank you to bow benders and those who organized it I will be getting a membership and attending more of these shoots whenever possible!

So who all from AO attended?
Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 PM

Default Parkland Bowbenders Hunter Shoot

That sucks. I was hoping to be there to shoot with you guys but alas, my hunting partner and I were busy all day making last minute preparations for the opener.

Your incident is exactly the reason why people more experienced in the 3d thing (not a slam or shot in any way!) usually develop a "shot sequence", which is a ritual that you would try to follow once you take your place at the stake. Mine begins with putting an arrow on my string, just so I don't have happen what you had. Indoor 3d shoots are even more distracting, as there are so many shooters at the line at the same time and things really move quickly!

At least no one was seriously hurt and your bow seems like it will be salvageable. Like Kris said, it happens more than everyone likes to think it should or would. Consider it a lesson for you and everyone that you share your experience with.

Norm
Old 08-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Banned

sorry to hear about your mishap big bore. Hope your hand heals quick and you get your bow restrung and tuned in soon. I know you were planning on getting out this week.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 AM

I decided to go to the shoot yesterday... going knowing no one and have never been to one of these I was a little nervous. couldn't have asked for a first timers 1st 3d shoot. was outstanding, had a blast at the shoot had a awesome group to shoot with. BIG thanks to the Parkland bow benders for putting on a great day of shooting, food and a friendly group of archers. I would also like to thank the peeps in my group Mike, Mike, Kris A Justin for all your help I picked up some good tips and a lot of laughs for next shoot....O ya I will hitting these 3D shoots up as much as possible.

As mentioned prior I was standing glassing the target when AB BigBore had his mishap, just so glad he is ok and came out lucky as we all know it could have been a lot worse strings cams etc all fixable people are not. Im sure Mike with have the green goblen up and shooting in no time.

BD
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM

thx bub. Lawrence will be ordering new strings and cables on tueday when they open. I have the factory set.. but dony think its worth the hassle
Old 08-24-2014, 05:27 PM

First time shooting here too,my family had a great day a great group of guys to shoot with Mike,Mike,Wade and Chris thanks for the pointers and tips.
We'll be heading to a few more 3D shoots next year lots of fun.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno753 View Post
First time shooting here too,my family had a great day a great group of guys to shoot with Mike,Mike,Wade and Chris thanks for the pointers and tips.
Was a pleasure to shoot with and meet you!

LC
Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Justin?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Justin?
Looks like it!!

Justin from Nottingham!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
that was awesome when that poplar was in the middle of your arrow... and... you got it out. lol nice shooting with you