Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

I guess sitting in a skidshack for 3 weeks can make a guy do weird things. The guys just so horny he's gone mean lol
Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Theres no question in my mind about wether or not you are a killer Darc. Just be cautious about lumping good hands with hacks. There are afew of each around. Schwank is a good hand, but thats not my place. It has been entertaining for sure... Sometimes it might not look too good, but your not wrong to be standin tall and voicing your opinion. Ive got myself in some real world class wrecks on here in the past, but,,,, better to let it out and sit in shame, than hold it in and sit in pain!
The rants between me and TJ go both ways and its harmless. He likes getting at me and i like getting at him. All the posts seem to bother the bystanders more than the people involved in the discussion. Seems that alot of guys dont get involved in these chats till there is someone to bash. I agree SH is a decent hunter same as most guys on here, no better no worse. And I agree about trying to not lump the good with the bad but one cant be liked by everyone and some times people take things the wrong way.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Why target anyone to slam SG??? Kinda seems counterproductive to the spirit of the board. I mean everyone has their tiffs on here but to single out one person to constantly slam seems a bit obsessive. I mean I know you don't like Jim but your constant slamming of him doesn't seem to serve any purpose that I can see. If you ever met him in person you'd quite possibly like him......
Well I guess its part of being in the public eye. Some like you some hate you.
You have slammed people that you havent me either so im not really sure where your going with that. And I dont target anyone. If the discussion comes up ill say what I think.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Last edited by Cal; 08-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Theres only so many ways you can make love to your hand.
And what really is your point Cal?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:07 PM

I'm curious, How could shockey possible get" More into the hunting"?
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
I'm curious, How could shockey possible get" More into the hunting"?
His latest shows could. I understand that when guys go places hunting they also check out the sights and stuff but when I watch a hunting show I want to watch hunting. Not watching the places him and his wife go and visit. And if you are gunna endorse a hundred things dont use the same catch phrase on each one. Remember its just my opinion. You can think what ever you want. Sorry if it bugs so many guys that im not a Jim fan.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
His latest shows could. I understand that when guys go places hunting they also check out the sights and stuff but when I watch a hunting show I want to watch hunting. Not watching the places him and his wife go and visit. And if you are gunna endorse a hundred things dont use the same catch phrase on each one. Remember its just my opinion. You can think what ever you want. Sorry if it bugs so many guys that im not a Jim fan.
Don't live your life in denial SG.Just admit your jealous of Jim's success
Old 08-02-2009, 06:07 PM
gitrdun

Just curious?....how did this thread go from a guy asking a question regarding a bow to this crap? Perhaps some posters need to have a parking lot or back road meet?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Theres only so many ways you can make love to your hand.
Umm isn't this maybe one of those post's that should be deleted? Not even sure where this one comes from
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM

There seems to be a group of about 10 guys on here that gang up on those who dont share their same views. If one is getting into it with someone the others show up and shout comments from behind their leader....like 5th grade. I have never hunted the mountains and would like to try my hand at it. I asked several knowledgable/experienced sheep hunters on here for a few tips on getting started. Only two took the time to reply, and Sheep Guide was one of them(the other was "nube"). He took the time to answer all of my questions and has told me to "feel free" to ask any more questions I might have. He even suggested a place to try, which he didnt need to, he is just a good guy. He didnt have his nose in the air like some suggest and doesnt have a thing to prove. The only reason he is less popular on here is because he doesnt have a little posse coming to back him up every time he gets into it with someone.

As for the original post, see if the bow fits you. Compare it to other models/brands. If it stacks up well against the competition and you like it great! Just dont pay for a name....it wont help you shoot better.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverflats View Post
Umm isn't this maybe one of those post's that should be deleted? Not even sure where this one comes from
Deleted?..not, but moderated for sure.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
He didnt have his nose in the air like some suggest and doesnt have a thing to prove. The only reason he is less popular on here is because he doesnt have a little posse coming to back him up every time he gets into it with someone.
Here's my impression;
I think it's very clear the he needs an award for being able to guide so well... if it wasn't for him, so many people would have had to use another guide to shoot the same animals.
I'm sure you very good at what you do SG but I'm also sure that like everyone else in the world you are replaceable. Why not tone the ego down and just contribute to the board in ways that don't include personal attacks. For that reason alone I lost the respect for you that I give everyone at first glance.I don't log on here to read a bunch on crap. It's a great source "most" days to share stories and ideas with fellow outdoorsmen and women.

Frankly in today's market of hunting I would think that the writers and TV Host or shows help build the business in many aspects weather it being gear or promoting a specific animal to hunt or even an outfitter to use. Maybe not for you directly put by planting a seed for other hunters such as a guided hunt trip for sheep. Face it.... they are good for your business and pocket book.

JMO
Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 PM

So um...does anyone have a link to this Bow of Arguements +2?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownonscents View Post
So um...does anyone have a link to this Bow of Arguements +2?
http://www.alpinearchery.com/jimshockeyseriesbow.html
Old 08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

just to straighten a few guys out on this thread, I was the 7th post on here. I commented on the previous 5. But seems like nobody jumped all over them guys. And further more I have never claimed to be better than anyone, and have never said that I couldnt be replaced. Ill help anyone one out that needs a hand, pointers or maybe even a place to get their first animal. Seems like alot of guys would rather that I just disapear, well to those guys... tough luck. You bash me ill bash back, end of story. You all gang up on me, ill just rile you up more as it affects me none. Most of my comments end until you guys bring my name back into it and then I just jump back in for a little more fun. So bring on all your comments and ill be glad to comment back. Oh and as for the comment about a parking lot or back road meet, well do you guys think you can all fit in one vehicle as we have seen that you cant act alone on here so how would you manage elsewhere.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Oh and as for the comment about a parking lot or back road meet, well do you guys think you can all fit in one vehicle as we have seen that you cant act alone on here so how would you manage elsewhere.
Jeez man...that line is getting a bit over-used....lol

Everyone on here posts their own posts. No different than you. Just because certain people disagree with you or agree with you has no bearing on them acting alone. There have been several times I have had more than a few people disagree with me, but to somehow use the 'excuse' that they are acting as a 'team' and not stating their own thoughts is a bit weak. I personally just deal with it and move on....

When comments start getting towards 'meeting in a parking lot', thats when I really start laughing......
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Im a free-spirit, and I dont car pool. Where are we meeting, and whose buying??

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Im a free-spirit, and I dont car pool. Where are we meeting, and whose buying??
LOL....hell I'll meet in a parking lot any day if someone is buying....
Old 08-02-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
just to straighten a few guys out on this thread, I was the 7th post on here. I commented on the previous 5. But seems like nobody jumped all over them guys. And further more I have never claimed to be better than anyone, and have never said that I couldnt be replaced. Ill help anyone one out that needs a hand, pointers or maybe even a place to get their first animal. Seems like alot of guys would rather that I just disapear, well to those guys... tough luck. You bash me ill bash back, end of story. You all gang up on me, ill just rile you up more as it affects me none. Most of my comments end until you guys bring my name back into it and then I just jump back in for a little more fun. So bring on all your comments and ill be glad to comment back. Oh and as for the comment about a parking lot or back road meet, well do you guys think you can all fit in one vehicle as we have seen that you cant act alone on here so how would you manage elsewhere.
I know you did not say that you could not be replaced but that's just the general feeling I get from reading some of your post. I myself did not say that I'd rather you disappear as a matter of fact, many of your posts are very informative and well worth the read... others are not. Why not keep your blatant personal attacks to yourself or to PMs so the rest of the board doesn't have to sift through the BS. I'm just tired of reading about your problems with Sheephunter over and over..... We got the point you don't like and I'm sure by now he doesn't like you. Move on!!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
I know you did not say that you could not be replaced but that's just the general feeling I get from reading some of your post. I myself did not say that I'd rather you disappear as a matter of fact, many of your posts are very informative and well worth the read... others are not. Why not keep your blatant personal attacks to yourself or to PMs so the rest of the board doesn't have to sift through the BS. I'm just tired of reading about your problems with Sheephunter over and over..... We got the point you don't like and I'm sure by now he doesn't like you. Move on!!
Well I guess im the only one that attacks so I guess I had better change my was. At least then all you guys will be happy. Sorry cant see it. If you notice that most posts start with me puting down my opinion on a topic or person then someone disagrees and puts their opinion, then people jump in because everyone dosent do it the way they do or people dont like their buddies, well thats why I get going. They are opinions and if you all dont agree thats great thats wats nice to read is all your opinions and ideas. Just dont call me wrong for having my opinions or ideas or I will throw out a few blatant personal attacks and comments.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:

Blah Blah Blah..
Old 08-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
[/B]

Blah Blah Blah
Oh onother guy that cant get his two cents in unless the crowd is already here.
Well like I said before I live 9km west of Caroline and 5km north, so show up any time BrownBear and we can discuss these things further over a cold beer. If not ill be up in slave this fall and I can look you up. Ill back everything I say face to face with whome ever so just let me know when the best time for that beer will be and we can straighten a few things out.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Oh onother guy that cant get his two cents in unless the crowd is already here.
Well like I said before I live 9km west of Caroline and 5km north, so show up any time BrownBear and we can discuss these things further over a cold beer. If not ill be up in slave this fall and I can look you up. Ill back everything I say face to face with whome ever so just let me know when the best time for that beer will be and we can straighten a few things out.
I only wonder one thing SG?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 PM

Are you buyin beer for everyone SG? Cause hell I would damn near give people directions to my house if they are bringing the Kokanee...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 AM

once upon a time I openly held strong opinions of a certain TV hunting outdoor celebrity and I happily chortled my views about him to the world.

15 years later I found out I'm related to him via a previous marriage and some of his kids are my blood.

and no it isn't Jim Shockey, for that matter I don't mind watching Jim - I find him to be a bit less pretentious than some of the other outdoor celebrities.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post

When comments start getting towards 'meeting in a parking lot', thats when I really start laughing......
You should maybe look at the posts as I am not the one that commented on the meeting in the parking lot that would be gitrdun. I just said that I would if need be. And sure rackmaster anytime your in the area look me up and ill buy you a beer. and glad to see that your only wondering one thing brownbear.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Just curious?....how did this thread go from a guy asking a question regarding a bow to this crap? Perhaps some posters need to have a parking lot or back road meet?
Yeah, I suggested it. Doesn't necessarily mean that you have to put on the boxing gloves though. Just suggesting that "some posters", namely yourself SG and SH should settle your differences once and for all face to face. If you can do that over a cool one, then the more power to you. I have nothing against you SG, nor do I dislike you, but you must admit that you've been a major participant in spoiling the OP's thread which began as a simple question.

FYI: this is may last comment, I won't begin by slinging mud back & forth at you or anyone. We're all grown-ups here....hopefully.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
You should maybe look at the posts as I am not the one that commented on the meeting in the parking lot that would be gitrdun. I just said that I would if need be. And sure rackmaster anytime your in the area look me up and ill buy you a beer. and glad to see that your only wondering one thing brownbear.
Yea I had a zinger of a one liner to put in there but sadly the Moment has passed.lol
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

My last post here but you guys seem to be jumping on the wrong guy for hijacking this thread.I just contributed to the fact. Its funny hows 6 or 7 guys get going off topic and back and forth at each other and you all blame one guy. Its cool though as i think its comical how you all get so worked up over one persons typings. And yes one day if i meet SH again I maybe will by him a beer. So bye for now till the next post that I put and you guys disagree and we go through this all again. CHEERS.