Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM

Default Prairie Creek - Lost my knife

This will be a long shot for sure, but if anyone happens to go by Prairie Creek can you pick up my knife? Probably lost it by my truck, so no bushwacking required I think. It was my favorite "anti-bear" knife...lol. I lost it a couple weekends ago now...
Old 10-01-2014, 06:45 AM

Might help if people knew where on Prairie Creek your truck was parked. LOL
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM

If I go there and it's still there I will grab it for you. How was the fishing?
Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM

Thanks guys for the interest. I'm pretty sure it's on the ground at the access point at RR 83. There was a truck near the edge so I was one vehicle length back. The last time I actually remember having the knife though was at a bridge (maybe RR 80?) - I know that's vague and I suck for not knowing exactly, but maybe it'll help if I describe it. There's a bridge and the best parking for it looks like it's somebody's long driveway, but it seems like there's 2 driveways side by side maybe specifically for us anglers to park. I parked in the "driveway" closest to the bank, and I parked just past first section where it connects to the other "driveway" (about 25 feet in?), which I believe is on the East side of the creek and south of the main road. If you happen to be by either and you find it let me know, I'll have to find some sort of reward. Funny because I think it's a cheap knife, but my ocd won't let me forget about it. It's a small knife on a chain (I was wearing it around my kneck ready to pull it out if a bear or cougar came to eat me). If none of this makes sense let me know and I'll dig through my maps and give you the exact road, but if you're familiar with it with any luck it makes sense.

As for the creek itself, I didn't see much. Around RR 83 access point I managed to at least see a few, but I walked pretty far. In the end I only caught one Brown that day, but I did catch 4 in that area the weekend before. If you find the knife I'll give you the location of the exact pools on a nice map :-) Just pm me and I'll pm my # in case you find it quick on the road and want to continue fishing it...