Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 03:00 PM

I just have one question for Walker1....How many wives do you have, and how do you fit them all in a VW Beatle?

Sorry bud, I couldn't pass that one up.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-09-2020, 03:36 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
Hey tirebob, what's the better way to contact you? I am starting considering second set of shoes for my truck, would like a quote, to start.
Message sent!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-09-2020, 03:43 PM

Chaos all around, and we hardly got any snow yesterday! I wanna try these puppies out!!
Old 11-09-2020, 03:50 PM

I spoke with Bob and he recommended the Goodyear Winter Commands on the wife's new suburban and they are awesome. Sadly things didn't work out to get them through Bob, but next time hopefully it will.

I just put them back on this weekend for their second winter.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I just have one question for Walker1....How many wives do you have, and how do you fit them all in a VW Beatle?

Sorry bud, I couldn't pass that one up.....
Only one and that is plenty!!!!!!!!!!! That was a gooder!!!!!

Bob, she said handling was great for the short commute this morning.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:18 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
Only one and that is plenty!!!!!!!!!!! That was a gooder!!!!!

Bob, she said handling was great for the short commute this morning.
Awesome! I just had to blast into the city myself today and have these tires too and I am always please with the level of traction I get
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-10-2020, 01:13 PM

So I just went for a rip in my neighborhood on my 'lunch break' and it's going to take a while to get a full feel for these wintercommands, but I'm pretty stoked with them. My alley is fairly steep and most often I need 4x4 to get up it but had zero issues in 2wd. Same with some of the side streets. A minivan spun out and then slid sideways down the road for about 30 feet. Same with an SUV behind it. I powered up in 2WD and didn't feel any slipping at all. I've got 5 sandbags in the box, but I think I might add a few more with the aluminum light body.

So far two thumbs up!!

Old 11-10-2020, 04:12 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
So I just went for a rip in my neighborhood on my 'lunch break' and it's going to take a while to get a full feel for these wintercommands, but I'm pretty stoked with them. My alley is fairly steep and most often I need 4x4 to get up it but had zero issues in 2wd. Same with some of the side streets. A minivan spun out and then slid sideways down the road for about 30 feet. Same with an SUV behind it. I powered up in 2WD and didn't feel any slipping at all. I've got 5 sandbags in the box, but I think I might add a few more with the aluminum light body.

So far two thumbs up!!

Actually, you just touched on something I don't believe has been discussed, but when the F150 first went aluminum and shed like 800lbs, people were complaining constantly that there winter tires were not as good etc and they they found they needed 4x4 a lot more than they were used to when in fact it was the weight reduction caused a huge change in traction. Something to note is all...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Old 11-10-2020, 04:17 PM

TireBob

Where do you recommend people shop for tires and wheels in Edmonton?
Old 11-10-2020, 04:39 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffy71 View Post
TireBob

Where do you recommend people shop for tires and wheels in Edmonton?
I don't really have any deep contacts in the city, but a fellow I have been referring my clients to in Edmonton if they have ever had any tire related issues has been a fellow named (coincidently lol) Bob at Best Way Tire. I met him at a tire convention a couple years back and he seemed like a decent guy and everyone I have sent to him has said he did right by them so I keep sending him people...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Old 11-10-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I don't really have any deep contacts in the city, but a fellow I have been referring my clients to in Edmonton if they have ever had any tire related issues has been a fellow named (coincidently lol) Bob at Best Way Tire. I met him at a tire convention a couple years back and he seemed like a decent guy and everyone I have sent to him has said he did right by them so I keep sending him people...
They take on special needs work experience students from the school I teach at. That right there puts em in my good books.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:05 PM

Another great recommendation for Bob. Put on the studded WinterCommands this week and they worked awesome.