Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-27-2009, 05:11 PM

Just got back from guiding a hunt for elk in BC. We got a bull on the 2nd day. Then I helped another guide haul out a bull from a high basin on the 4th day. Then I hiked up in some high basins for a few days looking for another bull for one last hunter. I realized I haven't thought about my feet once. For the first time ever, my feet were fine, no rubs, no hot spots, no aching.
I love my Han Wags.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Does Track'n'Trail get any other Hanwags in besides the ones on their website? I was lookin' at the Trapper GTX's and like the look of 'em.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Does Track'n'Trail get any other Hanwags in besides the ones on their website? I was lookin' at the Trapper GTX's and like the look of 'em.
No. I was just there last week talking to the owner. The Trapper GTX is a special order. He's checking with his distributor to see if any are available in Canada right now. If so, delivery will be end of October. Otherwise, they'll be here in time for next year's hunting season.

PM me if you want the guys name & phone number.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Just a follow up on my previous message...

I had sent an inquiry to Lathrop & Sons last Friday to see if they might be able to provide a set to me quicker. They replied back today to let me know that they had my size in stock, and would ship to Canada. I placed the order, and received a USPS tracking # 10 minutes later. Their service is very good.

The boots cost me $327 and $30 for priority shipping. There might be a 20% duty at the border so the price would jump to $392.40 + shipping, all in U.S. dollars of course. Once exchange is factored in, the savings will be minimal, but I didn't place the order with them to save a few dollars. I placed it because Track & Trail wouldn't even have ordered the boots until later this week, whereas Lathrop has already shipped them.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 PM

I got mine from Lathrop & Sons as well. They were great. My Mendels are now for around the yard or anywhere there is a first aid kit close.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:46 PM

Bought my 4th pair last week. 'nuff said.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
Just a follow up on my previous message...

I had sent an inquiry to Lathrop & Sons last Friday to see if they might be able to provide a set to me quicker. They replied back today to let me know that they had my size in stock, and would ship to Canada. I placed the order, and received a USPS tracking # 10 minutes later. Their service is very good.

The boots cost me $327 and $30 for priority shipping. There might be a 20% duty at the border so the price would jump to $392.40 + shipping, all in U.S. dollars of course. Once exchange is factored in, the savings will be minimal, but I didn't place the order with them to save a few dollars. I placed it because Track & Trail wouldn't even have ordered the boots until later this week, whereas Lathrop has already shipped them.
Another follow up....

There was no duty charged. There was a $5 brokerage fee, and $17.77 GST. Shipping took exactly 1 week.