Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2022, 11:55 AM

Default China. Protest. How big is it?

Huge protests in China right now. They are beating people up and taking them away. Twitter is being spammed to control it.
Some people are saying this is the final freedom battle.
Please look and see how big it is.

Last edited by glen moa; 11-27-2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:25 PM

That’s crazy. See where it goes I guess. I imagine they are all watching the World Cup like everyone else, and seeing a stadium packed with no masks, no restrictions… and then wondering what the heck…
Old 11-27-2022, 12:56 PM

hopefully the Turd is watching. shades of things to come in Canada

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-27-2022, 12:57 PM

Funny to watch the media and many other people support the Chinese protesters yet did not support Canadian protests.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:08 PM

Guess we are not allowed to protest for our own country and rights in our country. Other groups can protest and march on in our country and support other countries. Wonder how much support we had from those other countries when we did our protest.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:15 PM

fire is lit …. It’s going to spread . They crush the Arab spring uprisings( or sunflower)few year back started in HK , but this is internal in the mainland people are getting fed up and don’t want to get locked down like pigs .
Old 11-27-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
That’s crazy. See where it goes I guess. I imagine they are all watching the World Cup like everyone else, and seeing a stadium packed with no masks, no restrictions… and then wondering what the heck…
I was watching College Football in the US with packed stadiums and wondered the same thing back when we were all locked down too. It’s like a light bulb moment LOL.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
Funny to watch the media and many other people support the Chinese protesters yet did not support Canadian protests.
If the media had not taken a side, the Trudeau government would have had no leg to stand on during the Ottawa protest.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
The same thought crossed my mind, particularly in light of the inquiry into the use of the Emergency Act. You know that's gonna be a whitewash. When the PM can talk about protesters using children as human shields, with a straight (smug) face, and the media just parrots it and doesn't call him out on such a grotesque misrepresentation.... Well, China.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-27-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
If the media had not been paid to take a side, the Trudeau government would have had no leg to stand on during the Ottawa protest.
Fixed it for you.
Old 11-27-2022, 02:12 PM

China

Iran

Russia

etc

You cannot cap billions of people... eventually the spark is set and the fire of freedom is lit ... freedom is a hard road to hoe, that is why many cultures do best under a benevolent dictator as an intermediary step to democracy...interesting times .. time to "eat the rich" as it is said
Old 11-27-2022, 03:09 PM

And this is why I worry what is planned after the country is disarmed.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:15 PM

So the Chinese are protesting in a Communist country, where they have unimaginable punishments from a government who killed tens of millions of its own citizens in the past 64 years.

Meanwhile, back in Canada..........
Old 11-27-2022, 03:58 PM

Default best place to see how big it is

Check the morgue.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
So the Chinese are protesting in a Communist country, where they have unimaginable punishments from a government who killed tens of millions of its own citizens in the past 64 years.

Yeah, but we got FIFA World Cup, Hockey Night in Canada, Netflix, Prime, Spotify, and 5G and streaming internet and video games and online poker and legal pot! Not to mention climate initiative rebates.

*SQUIRREL*!!!!!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 11-27-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yeah, but we got FIFA World Cup, Hockey Night in Canada, Netflix, Prime, Spotifu, and 5G and streaming internet and video games and online poker and legal pot! Not to mention climate initiative rebates.

*SQUIRREL*!!!!!!
Exactly......wondering how to get a refund on Arcade Fire concert tickets.....

My friend Mich is from China and she hopes the place explodes and the commies are dragged out and buried. Shes a hard line anti commie. But she lived it, unlike me. Yet.......
Old 11-27-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Yup. As long as it’s not in my backyard!

BW
Old 11-27-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Xi Ping ding a ling would never admit to Genocide.

BW
Old 11-27-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Canadians would rather eat there own and “say well we are still better than X country”
Old 11-27-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stob View Post
China

Iran

Russia

etc

You cannot cap billions of people... eventually the spark is set and the fire of freedom is lit ... freedom is a hard road to hoe, that is why many cultures do best under a benevolent dictator as an intermediary step to democracy...interesting times .. time to "eat the rich" as it is said
That's the theory, problem being most of the world's people have no idea of what a real democracy is and are not even educated enough to deal with it. Russia ? That didn't last long before the oligarchs took control. Africa ? turned into dictatorships and anarchy as quickly as the colonial powers left. The Democratic Republic of the Congo. China ? The last attempt at a more open, democratic society foundered in Tien a Minh square, look for more of the same.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-27-2022, 05:48 PM

Another communist failure, I’m shocked. No, really I am (sarc.).
Old 11-27-2022, 06:08 PM

I hope it expands & more participate, if it's not enough people protesting they'll all go missing and there will be way more steam than normal from repurposed cement kilns. That is unless Xi already has purpose-built facilities for that somewhere....
Old 11-27-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
If the media had not taken a side, the Trudeau government would have had no leg to stand on during the Ottawa protest.
Thats what a $650 Million election promise buys you. Harper's biggest mistake was not disbanding the CBC when he had the majority.

Drewski
Old 11-27-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
hopefully the Turd is watching. shades of things to come in Canada
My thoughts exactly, Coming to a town near you!
Old 11-27-2022, 08:52 PM

I wonder if Trudy going to get on camera & state openly how much admiration he has for the Chinese regime yet again? After all, China can get things done quickly when they don't have to bother with such silly things as democracy & the publics consent, right?
Old 11-29-2022, 10:18 AM

Guys sorry to say joe citizen will never make a change in a undemocratic system of 1.4 billion people. I believe they have the largest military in the world.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Guys sorry to say joe citizen will never make a change in a undemocratic system of 1.4 billion people. I believe they have the largest military in the world.
size don’t really matter in today’s military/ warfare, just look at Russia / Ukraine .
Old 11-29-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
size don’t really matter in today’s military/ warfare, just look at Russia / Ukraine .
Only because they are playing conventional war games. Russia could turn the whole of Ukraine into a gravel pit mass grave in a few hours. Things could get a whole lot worse, all depends on how crazy Putin gets.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:15 PM

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...covid-strategy

Trudeau comes out with support for Chinese citizens protesting Covid lockdowns. This is ridiculous at this point. Just days after demonizing the protestors here doing less than what is happening there. Wow
Old 11-29-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
Leaked footage from Chinese television shows the fans are blurred out so citizens can’t see that nobody is wearing masks.