Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Default Cool things I saw this weekend

Osprey fishing a prairie lake, he or she sucked at it, three tries for a little trout, to be fair the fish he was after were really shallow, I'm guessing less than 3ft. Beaver doing laps around the lake looking for a tree, good luck bud.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 PM

i love seein birds nab fish i saw what i believe was an osprey hammer a few trout at a small pond all while i was catchin nadda lol
Old 05-28-2013, 08:42 AM

Was in bc for the long weekend, stopped at grave lake on the way home, saw a little baldie swoop one up. Was pretty cool. It was pretty young looking.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Default Beaver sighting

When at the NSR this last Sunday and while fishing I heard a weird noise looked over to my right and seen a beaver munching away on some bark about 20 feet away from me. I was quite surprised to see how quick they can mow down a small tree, like in seconds, sure wouldn't want to get bite by that, although I have had other types of beaver bite me in the past hehehe.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

Had a beaver give me a warning shot at about 3 feet on devils lake last week. Gave me a good start lol
Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
When at the NSR this last Sunday and while fishing I heard a weird noise looked over to my right and seen a beaver munching away on some bark about 20 feet away from me. I was quite surprised to see how quick they can mow down a small tree, like in seconds, sure wouldn't want to get bite by that, although I have had other types of beaver bite me in the past hehehe.
Read or watched an interesting piece on beavers. I always assumed they kept at the tree till it fell, the story said not true. They work on it till they know the wind will take it down and then retreat and wait. Kinda dangerous for everyone else.

Thomas Sowell