Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM

Default Interesting read gun control in Austria

I think It maybe starting to happen in Canada.
Loss of freedoms.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/werthmann.asp
Old 02-25-2016, 07:43 AM
Banned

Very good read. I wonder what Trudeau would think of this.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Very good read. I wonder what Trudeau would think of this.
that's easy, he would approve. he has already stated he likes the government in China, and his father was on very friendly terms with Castro in Cuba. both of these countries are dictatorships. he is probably trying to find a way to disarm the hunters and sport shooters.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Banned

There are a lot of historical inaccuracies in that, I would look into it before I passed it on further.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
There are a lot of historical inaccuracies in that, I would look into it before I passed it on further.
You may be correct in your statement. However, it has been has shown that there have been many inaccuracies in the current historical books, regarding events of the past. Not trying to start an argument or anything, just saying....
Old 02-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris762 View Post
You may be correct in your statement. However, it has been has shown that there have been many inaccuracies in the current historical books, regarding events of the past. Not trying to start an argument or anything, just saying....
X2
Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 PM

That is an amazing article - and corresponds to other first hand accounts I've read or heard. To belittle such wisdom from someone who lived it by saying there are "inaccuracies" is much like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand...
Old 02-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned

Default You say "starting in Canada" ?

Confiscation started 25, or more, years ago.

A book has been published titled "Gun Control in the Third Reich", written by Stephen Halbrook.

I am going to provide part of a book report written by Dave Kopel.

...Over the next five years , the Nazis worked methodically to force all elements of society into line.. For example, independent gun or shooting sports clubs were outlawed. ..., clubs were registered with the state , ruled by a Nazi political officer. Many clubs disbanded instead.

The 1938 law...further ensuring that only the Nazis and their politically reliable supporters could have arms.

... In October 1938, the Nazis used the arms registration lists to complete the disarmament of the Jews.

....As for the rest of the German population, resistance might have been possible in 1933-34, but now it was too late. The nation that had once been amongst the most civilized and tolerant in the world was now disarmed and supine.... end of quote.

This book is a 'must read' for those struggling to understand the Canada Firearms Program.
The book is available at www.independent.org
Old 02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMOA View Post
That is an amazing article - and corresponds to other first hand accounts I've read or heard. To belittle such wisdom from someone who lived it by saying there are "inaccuracies" is much like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand...
Ok well so I tried to be nice.

The author is a Tea Party activist specifically looking to contrast her experience during that period with contemporary American politics. I will highlight two specific ways this was done dishonestly but there are many more there.

The author tries to tie the labor and childcare policies enacted during this period to an effort to weaken the family by the state so it could control the population. The notion that we were all better off when Mom stayed home to raise kiddies is a favorite trope of the "Everything was better on Happy Days" crowd and this included to resonate with that, however it completely ignores the context. Simply, there was a war and all economic production was managed to that end. Every aspect of the economy was managed in Hitler's Germany.

Secondly, the inclusion of the anecdote about the disabled people that were murdered is dishonest. There is no attempt to draw a comparison with contemporary policy, it adds no support to the author's hypothesis. It serves no purpose other than to tweak the emotions.

I too am concerned that our current government will seek to make some changes to our gun control scheme I do not like. Trying to get the public to take a deeper look at this and understand our position is a good idea. Doing it by passing around manipulative "OMG Nazis" email forwards will not be effective and will in fact damage our standing.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

The author is a Tea Party activist specifically looking to contrast her experience during that period with contemporary American politics. I will highlight two specific ways this was done dishonestly but there are many more there.

The author tries to tie the labor and childcare policies enacted during this period to an effort to weaken the family by the state so it could control the population. The notion that we were all better off when Mom stayed home to raise kiddies is a favorite trope of the "Everything was better on Happy Days" crowd and this included to resonate with that, however it completely ignores the context. Simply, there was a war and all economic production was managed to that end. Every aspect of the economy was managed in Hitler's Germany.

Secondly, the inclusion of the anecdote about the disabled people that were murdered is dishonest. There is no attempt to draw a comparison with contemporary policy, it adds no support to the author's hypothesis. It serves no purpose other than to tweak the emotions.

I too am concerned that our current government will seek to make some changes to our gun control scheme I do not like. Trying to get the public to take a deeper look at this and understand our position is a good idea. Doing it by passing around manipulative "OMG Nazis" email forwards will not be effective and will in fact damage our standing.
The wool has been pulled over your eyes..

The new policies of the government may not be in line with the policies of Nazis, but there are some dark developments in terms of education and youth. Not to mention euthanasia. Gun control is just a part of the big picture.

What the government is trying to do is eliminate the individual.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:

You spew a bunch of contradictions with no proof. An old liberal trick, but I need a little more than your cynicism.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
You spew a bunch of contradictions with no proof
Proof of what? Be specific.