Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Is there a fairwell bouy at Sylvan ?
I dont know, I dont speak New Brunswickeese Im going to come up thru 3 Hills again, will call you when we get near.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM

well WC and FG better be on their best behavior! NOT LIKELY
See you Sat
Tony and Abby
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
well WC and FG better be on their best behavior! NOT LIKELY
See you Sat
Tony and Abby
HAHAHA as if
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

I am really happy with the response for this gathering. As I have mentioned this is the 6th one I have had the pleasure of doing and they just keep getting better. But best of all is some of the friendships I have had the honor of developing , and I hope to make a few more on this one.

The food list has gotten a little large for me to keep track of , but I am sure it will be a wonderful feast. There will be BBQ's , fire pits , tables ect ect. I will take care of all the eating utensils so no need to worry about bringing any.

As for the location. We will be at BROWNLOWS LANDING below you will find directions. We will be on the ice and set up by 8 "I hope" Just look for the big tent. We are going to take up a lot of realestate so we will try and set up away from the crowds. Steve thought of a great idea and is bringing name tags cause I know I wont remember everyones names.

Directions From Calgary
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...916382&t=h&z=8

Directions From Edmonton

I will post a few signs along the way just in case.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...0130131200.jpg
"No comments about my sign I aint the most creative fella"

Cant wait to put some faces to the screen names. I am some what of a social butterfly on the ice. There are a few members here that can attest to that. Drop in a few tip ups a nice bottle of Jamison's and Ginger and great company , what more could a guy ask for.... Everyone drive safe and see you out there.

P.S. Some of you have been doubting my fishing skills Just for you select few , and you know who you are..... I am Bringing the frickin pink fishing rod.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing

Last edited by jts1; 02-04-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I am some what of a social butterfly on the ice.
UNDERSTATEMENT
P.S. Some of you have been doubting my fishing skills Just for you select few , and you know who you are..... I am Bringing the frickin pink fishing rod.
Well the select few have seen your fishing skills ( or lack of )

I think it's going to be upgraded to something like this

MR. IT'S SOOOO CREAMY WITH A PINK ROD
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Still dont think I said that... Thats way too gay for me to say. I dont care how much Strawberry Tequila I had.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 PM

hahahah oh crap I think someone said they were coming back Sunday and had room, but I deleted those messages by accident, not that I have any idea where i'd be staying if i was there overnight..lol
Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
not that I have any idea where i'd be staying if i was there overnight
under a bridge
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud leight View Post
under a bridge
hey what the hell is that comment for grow up .
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 AM

JEFF YOU BRINGIN A CAMERA . Because I think Mines bite the dust .
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 AM

And a big hats off to you JST1 for all your hard work. You put a lot of time and effort into these gatherings and each and every one has been a success and a whole lot of fun..... Pink rod you say, well I just happened to make you up some of those so creamy pink wire worms to match up with your pink rod.....

I love Abby....
Old 02-05-2010, 07:16 AM

Bud Leight
Originally Posted by baitfisher83
"not that I have any idea where i'd be staying if i was there overnight"
"under a bridge "

I think hes asking you out on a date!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
Not sure how far out we'll be, but if you're really that scared and want to park close to the shore, just call me and I will bring my truck over and grab you(s) and your gear.
While I'm certainly uncomfortable with the thought of driving on the ice, I'm much more worried about getting my car stuck out there. I hate getting my car stuck. Actually, hate doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about getting stuck.

I do have a sled, so I can drag my stuff out too. Thanks for the option to have you transport our stuff out I hope I don't need to inconvenience you with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
I'll be parked with you, I wont drive on the ice. I can barely stand on it..
We may need someone to drive you out. Otherwise, it might take you all day to get to the location

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
While I'm certainly uncomfortable with the thought of driving on the ice, I'm much more worried about getting my car stuck out there. I hate getting my car stuck. Actually, hate doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about getting stuck.

I do have a sled, so I can drag my stuff out too. Thanks for the option to have you transport our stuff out I hope I don't need to inconvenience you with that.

We may need someone to drive you out. Otherwise, it might take you all day to get to the location
A hover craft would be nice
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I am really happy with the response for this gathering. As I have mentioned this is the 6th one I have had the pleasure of doing and they just keep getting better. But best of all is some of the friendships I have had the honor of developing , and I hope to make a few more on this one.

The food list has gotten a little large for me to keep track of , but I am sure it will be a wonderful feast. There will be BBQ's , fire pits , tables ect ect. I will take care of all the eating utensils so no need to worry about bringing any.

As for the location. We will be at BROWNLOWS LANDING below you will find directions. We will be on the ice and set up by 8 "I hope" Just look for the big tent. We are going to take up a lot of realestate so we will try and set up away from the crowds. Steve thought of a great idea and is bringing name tags cause I know I wont remember everyones names.

Directions From Calgary

Directions From Edmonton

I will post a few signs along the way just in case.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...0130131200.jpg
"No comments about my sign I aint the most creative fella"

Cant wait to put some faces to the screen names. I am some what of a social butterfly on the ice. There are a few members here that can attest to that. Drop in a few tip ups a nice bottle of Jamison's and Ginger and great company , what more could a guy ask for.... Everyone drive safe and see you out there.

Not telling anyone what to do, just be careful consuming alkyhol on the ice. The fish cops came two weeks ago and ticketed a few folks for open booze! $110.00 fine ! Might want to keep her concealed in a insulated mug. Bent rods to all!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM

Default one more sleep!!

Well I'm officially excited, it's like x-mas eve. I was hoping those of you who bringing kids could shout out. My little one Sara is 5 she loves fishing (in the summer) but this will be her first time out on the ice and I'm not sure on the patience factor. I told her there would be other kids out there maybe she could make some friends. We'll be leaving edmonton in the am hopefully by about 7 pikehunter1989 we still meeting at my shop? Were you planning on having a few? I have Sara so I don't mind keeping it to a coors light or 2 and driving if you want to throw a few dozen back see ya all tomorrow
Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Well, my first impulse is to bail out.

NO way! No need to worry Shelley, just think of all the blackmail you can find laying all over the ice! BBJ is coming!

Seriously though, it will be a terrific time and I really hope you, or anyone else, does not back out.

The chili is working it's way to flavorful awesomeness and the firepit is done. Look for the Chevvy gypsy wagon with the deep fryer, ice shanty, fire pit, chain saw, and a little hellian puppy running in circles like he just won the lottery.

I just checked the weather for Gull Lake tomorrow: High of -8 with primarily sunny skies and an average of 10km/hr winds. Sounds like a beauty day for another gathering! Looking forward to seeing some old friends, and making some new ones.

See you on the ice!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Your not going to have to worry about getting stuck, once you get there you'll laugh when you see how packed the trail is onto the lake. Hell its probably plowed out even, there's a few guys that do that there every now and again. Last year all I had was a small car, and Brownlows was always the easiest place to get onto...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
Your not going to have to worry about getting stuck, once you get there you'll laugh when you see how packed the trail is onto the lake. Hell its probably plowed out even, there's a few guys that do that there every now and again. Last year all I had was a small car, and Brownlows was always the easiest place to get onto...
I dont worry about getting stuck, I have a 4x4 and tire chains I JUST HATE THE ICE>>>>>>>>>
Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks for all of the reassurances! I get all panicky about driving conditions sometimes. It isn't my fault . . . I'm from the Lower Mainland! Rain and water don't bug me in the least. Ice and snow?

I'm dragging my stove, 5lbs of propane, and two kettles out. I've got lots of hot chocolate to contribute I've also picked up foam cups (we'll run out of hot chocolate before we run out of cups). There will be a little bit of "coffee stuff" there for the folks who just can't go without (decent tasting instant coffee, some raw sugar, and some Coffee Mate). The coffee is certainly secondary to the hot chocolate, so if you MUST have coffee please bring your own just in case I run out or don't have what you want. I'll be dragging out loads of tap water as well (in one of those big blue Coleman jugs).

I also picked up a litre of hand sanitizer, and I'll bring my portable toilet (glorified bucket), privacy shelter, and one roll of TP.

If it is windy I'm going to need more ice anchors then I have, so I may need to borrow a couple for the privacy tent.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Well I'm officially excited, it's like x-mas eve. I was hoping those of you who bringing kids could shout out. My little one Sara is 5 she loves fishing (in the summer) but this will be her first time out on the ice and I'm not sure on the patience factor. I told her there would be other kids out there maybe she could make some friends. We'll be leaving edmonton in the am hopefully by about 7 pikehunter1989 we still meeting at my shop? Were you planning on having a few? I have Sara so I don't mind keeping it to a coors light or 2 and driving if you want to throw a few dozen back see ya all tomorrow
Oh yes Mr. Knuckle!! I am bringing my 5, 7, and 9 year olds. They all have their Nintendos with them incase they decide they dont want to fish anymore.
Thinking about bringing the dog, not quite a year old and full of pee and vinegar!!! He has a big ole set hanging from under his tail so he still really likes the females. Lol

See everyone tomorrow

Is it tomorrow yet?

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM

I forgot to add the "Guy's Posse" will be out there. Twotwelveguy is bringing a HUGE caraffe of Coffee, Mooseguy is leaving his rig tomorrow morning with some 'Coffee creamer', and Thatguy might be attending, still iffy on what he is bringing though.

Where's Tree Guy? We still need to get our AOF POSSE Tattoo's!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM

Have the 3 burner camp chef loaded, LP, and Abby is off getting her nails done.
See you all tommorw.
Steve I have the BBQ for the stove so the "mystery meat" has a place to cook.
T
Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
Have the 3 burner camp chef loaded, LP, and Abby is off getting her nails done.
See you all tommorw.
Steve I have the BBQ for the stove so the "mystery meat" has a place to cook.
T
Awesome thanks Tony

I might even have some treats for all the pups there
Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Default i'm in

hey count me in

do we need another deep fryer?

i won't be doing over-nighter; i'm back & forth to Red Deer that day.

What about Sunday? any plans - i heard rumor of trying another lake?

catch u on the ice!

m
Old 02-05-2010, 03:36 PM

Howdy Remington, glad to hear you decided to join us!

My deep fryer is the standard 18lb turkey deep fryer, which should be good to go for all the frying that we will be doing. Do you have oil? I still have to pick some up, unless you have some already! That would be a great help, and would definitely count as a contribution so you can pig out on the inevedible feast that will be in the wall tent tomorrow!

If not, I will head over to Costco and get a barrel of oil for all the fish we are going to fry!!!!

We will be fishing Sylvan on Sunday if you can make it out there as well, you should!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM

Tony ........I mean Abby likes chocolate chip cookies.
See you tomorrow.
t
Old 02-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Super stoked for the AO Gull gathering. Like the FishermanGuy said, i've got Coffee covered.

See you on the ice.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTwelveGuy View Post
Super stoked for the AO Gull gathering. Like the FishermanGuy said, i've got Coffee covered.

See you on the ice.
Good stuff , Ill bring my Travel mug along

***Note I also have Extra Tip ups , and rods if anyone forgets something .***
Old 02-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
JEFF YOU BRINGIN A CAMERA . Because I think Mines bite the dust .
I cant find it lol im running around my house looking. walleye deitz will be here soon and we are on our way I sure hope I can find it.