Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-17-2011, 04:56 PM

Default more lynx troubles

The last few days I have had lynx come into my sets walk up to a snare literally inches away turn around and take a different path,this morning there was an inch of fresh snow,went to check a set there was fresh tracks following my trail right to my set,and again it stopped right in front of my snare then turned around walked around my set and zig zagged around 3 more snares and left,what are your guys thoughts,seeing my snares?smelling my snares?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Are you treating and /or boiling your snares.? Sounds like you are placing additional snares arounf the perimeter of your cubby which is good. Are you hanging your bait inside the cubby? What are you using for bait /lure ? Could also be that there is just too much feed for them and they are not that hungry, that is why sometimes you have to get them curious enuff to enter with a bit of catnip maybe.. Are your loops large enuff.. There is too much you are not telling, so it's kinda hard to know wheere to start..
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Are you treating and /or boiling your snares.? Sounds like you are placing additional snares arounf the perimeter of your cubby which is good. Are you hanging your bait inside the cubby? What are you using for bait /lure ? Could also be that there is just too much feed for them and they are not that hungry, that is why sometimes you have to get them curious enuff to enter with a bit of catnip maybe.. Are your loops large enuff.. There is too much you are not telling, so it's kinda hard to know wheere to start..
hey doug got beaver meat hanging in my cubby with an attractor above,my lure I made consists of catnip,castor,with a little mint oil,loops are around 10 inches,I am thinking they are not to hungry the three i caught are very fat,lots of rabbits around
Old 12-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

I don't see you doing anything wrong, so I gotta put the blame on those "fat cats"..
Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 PM

yeah thats kinda what I was thinking lol