Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM

Default alittle help with pricing Please

I have a old military 8mm german gew 88 mauser in excellent shape...it has the turkish lettering on the up scale sight...has Danzig 1891 with a crown and a 1/2 moon with the letter s right above it. i have tried researching this on the internet and i can find this exact same rifle on Gun Broker for an asking price of around $2500.00...but i have also seen a somewhat similar rifle without the turkish lettering for sighting purpose for less money...is there anybody out there that may now of someone who could appraise this for me..i live up in the Peace Country and don't get out very often...I have had this rifle for a very long time and it is a straight shooter as it has taken down many deer as well as moose and even some caribou...i am most likely going to be selling it as i need the room in my cabinet..i can post pics if someone can help me out!
Thanks!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM

57 views and no help. Get them pics up.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 PM

Post the question here and I'm sure you'll get an answer real quick.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...splay.php?f=75

Grizz
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Ill Work on those pics tomorrow NoKlu..and thanks for the help as well Grizz...it will be interesting to see what i will find out.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Default Pics of my German Gew 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I have a old military 8mm german gew 88 mauser in excellent shape...it has the turkish lettering on the up scale sight...has Danzig 1891 with a crown and a 1/2 moon with the letter s right above it. i have tried researching this on the internet and i can find this exact same rifle on Gun Broker for an asking price of around $2500.00...but i have also seen a somewhat similar rifle without the turkish lettering for sighting purpose for less money...is there anybody out there that may now of someone who could appraise this for me..i live up in the Peace Country and don't get out very often...I have had this rifle for a very long time and it is a straight shooter as it has taken down many deer as well as moose and even some caribou...i am most likely going to be selling it as i need the room in my cabinet..i can post pics if someone can help me out!
Thanks!

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM

I did a search and found a site and forum dedicated to that rifle.

http://http://www.gew88.com/gew_88_forum/