Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

Default Bill 6 and Trappers.

A thought occured to me after thinking about another thread on here that had a minor discussion about the idea of needing some kind of "permit", or other credentials to purchase or own a Trap.
I have not heard anything about this proposed BILL 6 and how it affects trappers, esp those with a RFMA. Running a RFMA is supposed to be first and foremost a buisness, and I'm curious if the owners or senior partners have to have WCB for their juniors or family, and does OHS rules and regs apply? Will the passing of BILL 6 change anything for or have an impact on trappers and running a RFMA?
Old 12-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Can you imagine the safety gear needed to set a trap if OH&S gets involved?
Old 12-19-2015, 11:01 AM

Traps and snares will be banned. We will have the animals die of old age then with the proper equipment and training we will be allowed to pick up carcasses and try to harvest the fur before its bad.
Kidding... But still not a good thought.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
Can you imagine the safety gear needed to set a trap if OH&S gets involved?
Lol. Especially when the gumbit see them deadly ram power snares.
Will need a medieval suit of metal to protect yourself.
6Ft long foothold setting sticks. Must wear protective lvl 3 body armor to protect you from any dispatch ricochets.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
Lol. Especially when the gumbit see them deadly ram power snares.
Will need a medieval suit of metal to protect yourself.
6Ft long foothold setting sticks. Must wear protective lvl 3 body armor to protect you from any dispatch ricochets.
Thankfully this is Canada and there's lot of used hockey gear around. A full goalie setup might pass muster. Tough to sneak the pads through the brush but safety first.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:26 PM

Is bill 6 not directed at farming? Unless your a mink rancher I think it's a non issue.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:54 PM

This whole issue with bill 6 is due to the ndp government making regulations without considering any exceptions. This is due to lack of knowledge or experience and their ideological views heavily influence their poor decisions.

So... how does this affect trappers. Well they don't have any experience or first hand knowledge. If I am incorrect please inform me which mla has a trap line like Brian Jean. So the if the ndp or their supporters don't like trapping of animals what do you guys think is going to happen? I don't think they will shut it down just make it so difficult to do it. Such as a suit of armor and 10foot trap setters. Hahaha.

The best case senario we can do is set responsibly and out of public view. Like last year someone set a foothold along the #1 hi way. With everyone wanting to be the next youtube news reporter this type of action if hits the news would definitely move the heavy government hand in a poor direction. Such as now they are talking about changing regulations about macs store workers. Cause 2 got shot by some lunatics. So guess what they will make a law saying something retarded that has no real value.

So please be smart about your trapping. One poor decision could affect all of us.