Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM

Default my wifes first deer and my youngest sons first buck

much to my delight my wife decided to hunt somethinbg bigger then chickens this year as she said hunting is something we can do as a whole family last year my 2 boys started rifle hunting and each got a pair of does so this year my wife said she wanted in the hunting scrap book with a deer or 2 as well and she did it she has never been a big fan of guns bigger then a 22 so for her to start shooting the 243 this spring was pretty good she shot her doe while sitting one night at 80 yards away she dumped it where it stood and could not beleive the excited feeling she had and said she can't wait to try for a buck.
my youngest son shot this buck during a push with mom sitting with him his first shot was at 70yards with the buck slightly quartering away coming down a slight grade they said the buck didn't even react to it the second shot was 40 yards perfectly broadside and he went straight down I'm sure that with all the excited hollering and carying on that occured the next piece of bush had no deer in it anymore that day. The first shot put a hole through the front shoulder blade and came out high on the same side by the spine i was quite surprised that the hole in and out was no bigger then the bullet it self the second shot did the job the first shot should have
i have shot a lot of animals but last year and this year are becoming the best hunting times for me seeing my boys and my wife shoot their first ever animals and next year my daughter starts hunting as well so it can only get better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tylers buck.jpg (144.5 KB, 800 views)
File Type: jpg kays deer.jpg (89.1 KB, 777 views)
File Type: jpg tyler's buck.jpg (139.4 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg tyler and myself.jpg (142.1 KB, 585 views)