Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Default Newell update

Cannot specifically report on the whole lake, but stayed with a family friend Friday and Saturday night that have a cabin on the east side of Newell.
Has a great shack on Riddleback and set up Friday morning, saw a walleye, some little perch and couple of nice pike but were not intersted in anything we had to offer...BBQ'd some ribs, smokies...had a feast..LOL. Some of his buddies showed up and the Tequila made its appearance..LOL..Still no fish on the cam....Came out around 930am on Saturday....Saw 2 pike on the cam and they were again not interested....Thought I would see alot more fish on the cam in 2 days of fishing

The guys that came out are all locals on the lake and I had mentioned to them about the zero retention on pike and possibly no derby as well. They were telling me the lake has become over run by Crayfish and eating all the eggs. These guys are not youngin's (60's) but have lived there all their life and gotta believe what they think...These guys are hardcore fisherman there....