Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2020, 10:54 AM

Default Protesting the OIC Ban - Marches?

What are your thoughts regarding organized protest “marches”?
Old 06-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

given the covid crap this can be done exercising social distancing all must follow that protocal and be wrapped up within a start time/end time...it can be done civil....but I wouldn't hold my breath because these events are magnets for idiots to show up too....has to be policed for those reasons.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 06-06-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
given the covid crap this can be done exercising social distancing all must follow that protocal and be wrapped up within a start time/end time...it can be done civil....but I wouldn't hold my breath because these events a magnets for idiots to show up too....has to be policed for those reasons.
None of that is being enforced during the current demonstrations, but I wouldn't put it past Trudeau to have the police enforce the covid restrictions for any protest related to firearms.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
None of that is being enforced during the current demonstrations, but I wouldn't put it past Trudeau to have the police enforce the covid restrictions for any protest related to firearms.
I know and I just shake my head at what this country went through to slow the spread of the covid virus and then this crap pops up and is allowed to proceed with no caution at all.....idiots gather in their masses....the "M" is silent again.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-06-2020, 11:33 AM

The trick with a protest is to focus on the protest

Be kind to police. They are there to keep the peace. Ignore their presence because they are not there for you. They are there for the trouble makers.

Protests are just that. Those that turn it into a confrontation are the ones who suffer. We wont be there for confrontation. We are there to protest.

And have one or two people who talk to media only. Have them dress in a certain fashion so they can easily be pointed out and seen. Know who they are. Know their names. Selected people.

If media talks to you, ignore them and continue with the protest. Point media to the spokespeople. Control the protest.

CONTROL THE PROTEST. Be loud, stay the course, and control the media.

The idea is to protest these unconventional acts of Trudeau, highlighting the fact that these type of injustices can affect ANYONE, not just gun owners. That is important. Guns are secondary. Bringing to light the fact that ANY party could do the same to them for different political reasons.

And dress like a regular person. No one needs to see your new camo outfit. Save it for the deer.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
What are your thoughts regarding organized protest “marches”?
Not going to work.

suggest getting ahold of the new Alberta task force on this and local mla’ s and the premiers office

go march by yourself
Old 06-06-2020, 11:48 AM

Sounds good Jim, but let’s face it the dim switches will run amok if it were to happen.

Need not look any further than the asinine comments made on social media.

Too many disenfranchised and narrow minded individuals walking amongst us in our “gun community.“

There’s too little discipline to have a decent outcome IMO, all it will take is one half wit to show up with a firearm, or the wrong individual to have a camera and microphone thrust in their face at the most bewildering moment.

I’ll echo the COVID concerns, the law will crush a pro gun rally so fast your head will spin.

We are in the darkest of times, and the timing and process used to institute these bans are well thought out, and very well orchestrated.

It sucks.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-06-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Sounds good Jim, but let’s face it the dim switches will run amok if it were to happen.

Need not look any further than the asinine comments made on social media.

Too many disenfranchised and narrow minded individuals walking amongst us in our “gun community.“

There’s too little discipline to have a decent outcome IMO, all it will take is one half wit to show up with a firearm, or the wrong individual to have a camera and microphone thrust in their face at the most bewildering moment.

I’ll echo the COVID concerns, the law will crush a pro gun rally so fast your head will spin.

We are in the darkest of times, and the timing and process used to institute these bans are well thought out, and very well orchestrated.

It sucks.
I agree Dick

A protest like this HAS to be controlled. Scripted. Controlled.

Imagine a Broadway play with child actors. If controlled and scripted and disciplined, it can be a hit...

But imagine if it werent....one decides to perform a cool dance for his mommy, one wants to show the crowd his loose tooth, one making fart noses with his armpit......gong show

And media would show that to Canadians, and POOF!

As a whole, we are a professional law abiding group. But, theres always one or two and thats who media seeks out and they are the ones who wreck it for the rest. Its almost not worth the risk
Old 06-06-2020, 12:40 PM

This forum isn't quite as bad as CGN, or FB or Twitter, but, do you really want some of these people out there? It's been documented that the RCMP deployed the SWAT guys on the buildings during a firearms protest in Ottawa years ago, thet would happen again. One idiot shows up and does something stupid, any credibility we have goes out the window.
The one Alberta protest a few wks ago in Edm got shut down in advance due to Covid, which was a false flag excuse, they were warned in advance of what would happen. The one guy beaked off to the cops and refused to cooperate, and managed to get himself detained, not sure if they charged him for whatever. Then posted a vid of himself behaving like an idiot.

Would be funny to see us all dressed like Blues Bros and marching though. Gotta have shades when marching.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
This forum isn't quite as bad as CGN, or FB or Twitter, but, do you really want some of these people out there? It's been documented that the RCMP deployed the SWAT guys on the buildings during a firearms protest in Ottawa years ago, thet would happen again. One idiot shows up and does something stupid, any credibility we have goes out the window.
The one Alberta protest a few wks ago in Edm got shut down in advance due to Covid, which was a false flag excuse, they were warned in advance of what would happen. The one guy beaked off to the cops and refused to cooperate, and managed to get himself detained, not sure if they charged him for whatever. Then posted a vid of himself behaving like an idiot.

Would be funny to see us all dressed like Blues Bros and marching though. Gotta have shades when marching.
My biggest concern is infiltrators
Old 06-07-2020, 10:10 AM

The irony of this thread is maddening. Really maddening. This is not how we affect real change. The old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure rings pretty loudly here. The best time to act has long passed.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-07-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The irony of this thread is maddening. Really maddening. This is not how we affect real change. The old saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure rings pretty loudly here. The best time to act has long passed.
A lot of good ideas, knowledge and intellect being thrown out here.

Its on us.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:49 PM

Ya, infiltrators are a definite possibility these days, maybe even a given fact. Wouldn't be surprised if they would be gov't recruited or sponsored in this case. And as is the case with a determined terrorist or killer, damned close to impossible to stop or prevent.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:23 PM

would it help if we all carried signs that say BLACK GUNS MATTER
Old 06-07-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45/70/500 View Post
would it help if we all carried signs that say BLACK GUNS MATTER
Now THAT is priceless!!!!

Lol

Very creative!!
Old 06-07-2020, 08:14 PM

I thought that a good way to get our message across would be for all gun owners from coast to coast to line up on the Trans Canada with signs voicing our disgust and distrust of the current regime in charge on the same day at the same time..

It sounds great in my head but a near impossibility to organize I suppose . But it would hopefully discourage the trouble makers as it would be so wide spread and without the marching mob aspect.