Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2020, 05:28 PM

Default Crawling Valley

Just a heads up for anyone going out in the morning. The gates were locked until 8am. Campground was closed, bathrooms by the launch were open, BYO toilet paper. EID employee, I assume, opened the gate and did the paper work for the Zebra Mussel inspection sticker. This is mandatory to launch in all EID waters. Took a couple minutes but just letting early risers know that you might as well sleep in. Fishing was good but it was choppy.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:33 PM

Default ZM

What is involved in the ZM process to obtain the sticker?
Old 05-30-2020, 09:01 PM

Seasonal camping begins Monday and other camping on June 15. The invasive species routine is just like the last couple of years, stop at the office, answer a few questions and have your boat inspected. It takes a couple of minutes and a signature and you are on your way.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:52 PM

Good to hear they are opening for camping. Of course it's right after my June holiday ends. Ya the inspection really takes not much time at all.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:14 PM

Just chatted with a young Lady at Crawling office, she say's boat corral / storage likely open June 1 i.e. tomorrow. Seems logical as that's when the seasonal site are open.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Fished there yesterday for the first time. There were a few trailers parked by the marina and lots of activity around the campground. Also had a hydro-vac truck there emptying something.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerynut View Post
Fished there yesterday for the first time. There were a few trailers parked by the marina and lots of activity around the campground. Also had a hydro-vac truck there emptying something.
How was fishing?
Old 06-05-2020, 04:33 PM

Considering my previous trip out the day before had me landing not a single fish Wednesday was good. Caught our first fish on the third cast. 30" was probably the biggest. Pretty windy. Most of our fish were caught around islands but one mid lake hump we found was good. My uncle and I had two double headers. I think between the two of us we caught 13 or 14. On the water at 930 and off by 3. Spoons and large chartreuse spinners seemed to be the best.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:06 AM

I will try and be out Tuesday and then Thursday for day fishing cause I can't camp there yet or would be out for the week. Hope to catch a few big or small don't matter. For the most part be trolling but will bring some minnows if I mark a good spot and hope not too windy.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:43 AM

Was out there a couple days ago. Jigged up quite a few walleye. Caught a whopper 12lbs whitefish and trolled up alot pike.
One of my best days on CVR to be had ever.