Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 06:40 PM

Default Cellular trail cameras

Is anyone running any of the newer models of these? I see just about every manufacturer has a model now, I'm interested in hearing about how they work in november in -20. Also what network do you use for the data.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM

I use the SPYPOINT Link 4G. It is just ok. I bought it specifically because it came with a SIM card and is ready to use. The fee plan is reasonable (I think $20/month or so). The App is pretty good, notifications for photos, etc. I have it on yard security at the moment, but earlier it was on wildlife duty. The motion sensor seems poor, picture quality is not great, sucks the batteries back to almost unacceptable usage if you do anything more than one ‘sync’ a day. Between my non-cellular SPYPOINT and Browning cameras, the Brownings have consistently performed better. The elk eat the straps on the Spypoints, all of them, and are constantly ripping them down, one I never even found again, but they don’t touch the Browning straps. Obviously has a scent they can’t resist eating. Sorry I don’t have any other experience with other units.