Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-12-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Nothing fancy Sir, matter of fact the exact opposite...
Moreover, the proof of the matter youve alluded too would apparently be an incredible shock to you... The Stakeholder groups and organizations you "should" have membership in, will ALL be able to provide you with this related information. Nothing is hidden, and any and all Stakeholders including likely associated governing bodies, will unquestionably keep records on what they and their peers have done in preservation & protection of our collective culture and privileges/rights. Again, nothing is hidden.
So I am a Member in good standing with the Alberta Resident Hunters. Membership is free and I only need to adhere to the Wildlife Act and my moral compass.

This thread is about the APOS, not any other groups or stakeholders.

So....

1. How do I obtained membership in the APOS?
2. Can I obtain the "minutes" of there meetings?
3. Who else would have records on the activities of the APOS?

No offence but your response read like mission statement or the NFL commissioners response on concussions.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Gone Hunting

I do take offense to your ridiculous final statement, Sir.
Hows this... if you truly want some "bang for your buck",,,
Start with dropping your "free of charge" membership groups, put your best foot forward, and try putting your money where your mouth is...
Furthermore, if you seek answers to questions you may have, you will likely not find them ANYWHERE through cheap, uninterested, half hearted attempts, as youve provided here.
Arrogance and ignorance should not be confused with nor provided in the place of "tact".
Try picking up the telephone. Its a new and rather simple way of finding that which you seek...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 AM

Default Here is the million dollar question

Since Lloyd has a history of criminal charges for hunting infractions, you have to wonder how getting elected as a Director on APOS Board plays into his latest plan?

On another note, this sig line quote tells me all I need to know about Lloyd's personal cheerleader:
Quote:
It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blackadder plan.jpg (14.9 KB, 73 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Thats like a pedophile being a director of a dayhome.

Makes sense to me. LOL
This post sums this whole thread up!
Old 12-12-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Since Lloyd has a history of criminal charges for hunting infractions, you have to wonder how getting elected as a Director on APOS Board plays into his latest plan?

On another note, this sig line quote tells me all I need to know about Lloyd's personal cheerleader:
He committed all of those violations with one goal in mind, to make money for himself with no regard to anyone else, or to the regulations. Given that APOS seems to share the same goal, I have no doubt that his goal is any different now.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post

Thats fun!
If you had any idea of some of the wildlife mgmt. atrocities that have in the past befallen our great province, you would in turn understand that, the "tongue in cheek" quote you are blindly utilizing as "ammunition" for your "great cause", is a dud...

Thanks guys, its been a real swell visit, again...

Merry Christmas everyone.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-12-2018, 08:01 AM

So we should all hold this guy in high esteem as he is able to kill large animals by cheating and illegal methods?

Is that what we should do?

If you have that mentality(if you are an outfitter that wrote that) then yes, it makes perfect sense that they don’t see anything wrong with taking an animal through illegal means, or having a board member that doesn’t it.

Makes sense now.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
So we should all hold this guy in high esteem as he is able to kill large animals by cheating and illegal methods?

Is that what we should do?

If you have that mentality(if you are an outfitter that wrote that) then yes, it makes perfect sense that they don’t see anything wrong with taking an animal through illegal means, or having a board member that doesn’t it.

Makes sense now.
As stated some time ago....
My personal thoughts are not on display, on any level.
I suppose ultimately here, it would be abundantly clear at this stage,,, none of us are immune to, "missing the point", as it were.
Take care.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-12-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I do take offense to your ridiculous final statement, Sir.
Hows this... if you truly want some "bang for your buck",,,
Start with dropping your "free of charge" membership groups, put your best foot forward, and try putting your money where your mouth is...
Furthermore, if you seek answers to questions you may have, you will likely not find them ANYWHERE through cheap, uninterested, half hearted attempts, as youve provided here.
Arrogance and ignorance should not be confused with nor provided in the place of "tact".
Try picking up the telephone. Its a new and rather simple way of finding that which you seek...
You brought up the issue of all the great things the APOS has done for Stakeholders, frankly I am not buying it and wouldn't trust the information anyways. Heck, Lloyd might now be the one putting that information together.

This is not about what the APOS done or not done for Alberta. It is about an organization which has an influence in the decisions made in Alberta that effect all hunters. And the APOS has now elected to their board of director a person who has been convicted of multiple wildlife offences that would land most persons a life time hunting ban. This is what we are concerned about. The OP has spoke with the APOS, referred to the person as "her" so I imagine it was Beth Mahoney.

Form the APOS website these are there "Ethics and Standards"

In the operation of an outfitted hunting business, a member of APOS shall:

Not advertise outfitting services unless he is a holder or permitted user of the allocation or waterfowl privilege to be used.

Provide a contract describing the terms and conditions for each hunt.

Not mislead or misinform a client when discussing the features of their outfitting area or activities.

Maintain proficiency, responsibility and professional standards.

Ensure safety is a priority at all times during the delivery of contracted services.

Employ competent and knowledgeable guides and maintain supervision of their activities.

Maintain the highest practical standards in food preparation and accommodations.

Be familiar with and adhere to the rules and regulations that pertain to hunting and outfitting in Alberta.

Cooperate and respect the reputation and business of fellow APOS members.

Respect the rights and activities of resident hunters

Be willing to make restitution when at fault for breach of contract.

Along with their employees, respect and maintain the reputation, standards and goals of APOS and not consciously or directly attempt to harm or discredit APOS.

How does an individual that has violated their own Ethics and Standard on multiple occasions, then get voted into an executive position. That is the "record" we are all curious and upset about.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Good morning.
While I cannot profess to know the gentleman being "ostracized" here, I do know that 'ol Lloyd knows more about POACHING big wt's than just about anyone that walks Gods earth.
Some will again, flippantly "ostracize" any such, as we have and continue to see with the industry and any of its smaltl businesses. And thats just it, and thats the problem here. Afew have rallied up here in a contempt fueled rage? regarding a PEER stakeholder Assn. and over things in which they have next to zero complete understanding.
Everything is in the details, and without knowledge of said, this coon hunt some of you are on here, is nothing more than a moonlight walk with dogs that dont have noses for coons guys.
There is a board in place that is doing wonderful work as a stakeholder in Ab, as good of work as any other, and with ALL stakeholders best interests at the foremost in their minds, tasks and overall objectives.
This stakeholder group is an advocate for EVERYTHING that ALL hunters, anglers and trappers, among others, both want and NEED.
BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS ABOUT CASTING YOUR OWN PEOPLE AND CLOSEST ALLIES, OUT.
Fixed it for you.

PS. He is my hero for poaching all those big WT. good stuff.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Gone Hunting

One more i guess, before i duck on out and leave you guys to your molotov cocktail party, BrendensDad and company...
APOS is governed through Bylaws. This format, being much the same as other groups and organizations utilize, set the boundaries that members must abide.
In this instance, if Lloyd is PROVEN compliant with bylaw standards, as currently approved and set forth by the membership, as is the approx (and id only be guessing here) 15 YEAR CASE in Lloyds situation,,, then, this member would be within his RIGHTS to desire and seek inclusion. If he desires to help his peers steer the society in a forward and responsible direction,,, that is HIS CHOICE.
I do not speak for APOS here. I MERELY am concerned with what i see on display here from some specific and spectacular individuals, and i think it is WRONG.
While i certainly may stand to be corrected here, and may not have my facts in 100pct order, i believe forward thinking individuals should be able to see the intent.

With that, i concede defeat, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Edit!!!! And for the delinquent above me here that is "taking it upon himself to CHANGE and MISCONSTRUE my words,,,
Grow up...

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 AM

He is Alberta's most successful poacher. Seems odd to defend him but to each their own.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
He is Alberta's most successful poacher. Seems odd to defend him but to each their own.
It depends on your definition of successful, he kept getting caught.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It depends on your definition of successful, he kept getting caught.
Those are just the ones we know about.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Keep digging
Very intelligent response!

Thank you for contributing your wisdom to this thread 👍
Old 12-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
One more i guess, before i duck on out and leave you guys to your molotov cocktail party, BrendensDad and company...
APOS is governed through Bylaws. This format, being much the same as other groups and organizations utilize, set the boundaries that members must abide.
In this instance, if Lloyd is PROVEN compliant with bylaw standards, as currently approved and set forth by the membership, as is the approx (and id only be guessing here) 15 YEAR CASE in Lloyds situation,,, then, this member would be within his RIGHTS to desire and seek inclusion. If he desires to help his peers steer the society in a forward and responsible direction,,, that is HIS CHOICE.
I do not speak for APOS here. I MERELY am concerned with what i see on display here from some specific and spectacular individuals, and i think it is WRONG.
While i certainly may stand to be corrected here, and may not have my facts in 100pct order, i believe forward thinking individuals should be able to see the intent.

With that, i concede defeat, and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Edit!!!! And for the delinquent above me here that is "taking it upon himself to CHANGE and MISCONSTRUE my words,,,
Grow up...
1. Outfitter caught baiting: Vegreville District

A Lloydminster man’s illegal activity came to a halt after Fish and Wildlife officers located a client hunting over a pile of bait. On Mar. 1, 2005 Lloyd A. McMahon, 54, of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan was convicted on the charge of setting out prohibited items (bait) as specified to hunt big game. As a result, McMahon was handed a $12,500 fine and a seized hunting stand was ordered forfeited to the Crown. This judgement arose as a result of trial on Jan. 18, 2005. On Nov. 24, 2003 Vegreville and Vermillion Fish and Wildlife officers were working in an area southeast of Two Hills. A foot patrol into property in the area found a non-resident alien hunter that was hunting white-tailed deer from a stand. The stand was overlooking a pile of bait found about 150 metres away. The bait consisted of oats and peas recently placed there that would naturally attract deer. The property the non-alien resident was hunting on was native bush and parkland with no areas broken up for cropland or pasture. The stand and bait was located in a dried up slough bottom. A trail had been cleared through the bush from the main access road to get to the slough and stand. The trail that provided access to this location was beyond a locked gate and was also posted to keep people out. The client provided his co-operation by advising, in a statement, his activity and knowledge of the bait and licensing arrangements to hunt deer in Alberta. Further investigation revealed that the property was owned by McMahon and that his company had contracted the hunt with the non-resident alien. A search warrant was executed on the property the following day. The stand was dismantled, seized and ordered forfeited.

The matter of outfitter Lloyd McMahon and his company, Great White Holdings, has been concluded. The last update that appeared in this magazine involved McMahon’s appeal of the convictions. In summary, the Court of Appeal found the company, Great White Holdings, guilty on three counts of hunting wildlife without a licence, one count of illegal possession of wildlife and two counts of indictable fraud under the Criminal Code. The court also upheld the convictions of Lloyd McMahon, finding him guilty on two counts of hunting wildlife without a licence, one count of illegal possession of wildlife and two counts of indictable fraud under the Criminal Code. The court sent back five Wildlife Act counts for retrial. The Special Prosecutions Branch elected not to retry the company on these counts and those convictions have been quashed or set aside.

The next appeal launched by McMahon involved the penalties that were imposed. The Court of Appeal ruled on those on May 31, 2005. The specifics of the appeal may be viewed at:www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/ca/criminal/ 2005/2005abca0188.pdf

The final results of the monetary penalties are as follows: Great White Holdings was assessed fines of $4,600 per count (three counts) involving hunting wildlife without a licence, $1,150 for one count of illegal possession of wildlife and $2,500 per count (two counts) for the fraud convictions. A total of $19,950 in penalties were assessed against the company.

McMahon was handed fines of $4,600 per count (two counts) involving hunting wildlife without a licence, $1,150 for one count of illegal possession of wildlife and $2,500 per count (two counts) for the fraud convictions. Total fines of $15,350 were assessed against McMahon.

The APOS was founded in 1996. Based on their Bylaws and Ethic and Standard how was Lloyd even allowed to join, let alone now hold an executive position.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Gone Hunting

BrendansDad.
I PLEAD THAT YOU GO BACK AND RE-READ post #152.
Your question while very simple to satisfy with an answer,,, is fortunately for you,,, equally as simple for YOU to seek answered behalf yourself and associated interested parties....
Be resourceful, pour a coffee, and figure it out....

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
BrendansDad.
Your question while very simple to satisfy with an answer,,, is fortunately for you,,, equally as simple for YOU to seek answered behalf yourself and associated interested parties....
Re-read, no help.

If it is ok with you, we will continue to discuss it hear. And I have sent email's and I am waiting on the responses.

Thanks for your concern.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:10 AM

Just sent this in to Minster Phillip's office. Took packhuntr advice and put my money where my mouth is! Free feel to copy and paste or use whatever portion you want.

Minister Phillips,

I am writing this email in response to the appointment of Lloyd McMahon to the executive of the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS). Mr. McMahon has been convicted of numerous wildlife offences while working as a licensed outfitter in the province of Alberta. Several of the convictions are the result of charges for hunting without proper licensing and hunting over bait. Hunting without proper licensing shows a complete disregard for the principles of wildlife a management. In addition the use of "bait" for hunting has been proven as a contributing factor to the spread of CWD, which poses a significant risk to Alberta wildlife. APOS is a valued member of the hunting community and plays a significant role through consultation in the developing of sustainable resource policies. It is for this reason that I have grave concern with Mr. McMahon having an executive position with the APOS.

The following are taken from news articles published in relation to the criminal activity of Mr. McMahon.

Outfitter caught baiting: Vegreville District

A Lloydminster man’s illegal activity came to a halt after Fish and Wildlife officers located a client hunting over a pile of bait. On Mar. 1, 2005 Lloyd A. McMahon, 54, of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan was convicted on the charge of setting out prohibited items (bait) as specified to hunt big game. As a result, McMahon was handed a $12,500 fine and a seized hunting stand was ordered forfeited to the Crown. This judgement arose as a result of trial on Jan. 18, 2005. On Nov. 24, 2003 Vegreville and Vermillion Fish and Wildlife officers were working in an area southeast of Two Hills. A foot patrol into property in the area found a non-resident alien hunter that was hunting white-tailed deer from a stand. The stand was overlooking a pile of bait found about 150 metres away. The bait consisted of oats and peas recently placed there that would naturally attract deer. The property the non-alien resident was hunting on was native bush and parkland with no areas broken up for cropland or pasture. The stand and bait was located in a dried up slough bottom. A trail had been cleared through the bush from the main access road to get to the slough and stand. The trail that provided access to this location was beyond a locked gate and was also posted to keep people out. The client provided his co-operation by advising, in a statement, his activity and knowledge of the bait and licensing arrangements to hunt deer in Alberta. Further investigation revealed that the property was owned by McMahon and that his company had contracted the hunt with the non-resident alien. A search warrant was executed on the property the following day. The stand was dismantled, seized and ordered forfeited.

The matter of outfitter Lloyd McMahon and his company, Great White Holdings, has been concluded.

The last update that appeared in this magazine involved McMahon’s appeal of the convictions. In summary, the Court of Appeal found the company, Great White Holdings, guilty on three counts of hunting wildlife without a licence, one count of illegal possession of wildlife and two counts of indictable fraud under the Criminal Code. The court also upheld the convictions of Lloyd McMahon, finding him guilty on two counts of hunting wildlife without a licence, one count of illegal possession of wildlife and two counts of indictable fraud under the Criminal Code. The court sent back five Wildlife Act counts for retrial. The Special Prosecutions Branch elected not to retry the company on these counts and those convictions have been quashed or set aside.

The next appeal launched by McMahon involved the penalties that were imposed. The Court of Appeal ruled on those on May 31, 2005. The specifics of the appeal may be viewed at:www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/ca/criminal/ 2005/2005abca0188.pdf

The final results of the monetary penalties are as follows: Great White Holdings was assessed fines of $4,600 per count (three counts) involving hunting wildlife without a licence, $1,150 for one count of illegal possession of wildlife and $2,500 per count (two counts) for the fraud convictions. A total of $19,950 in penalties were assessed against the company.

McMahon was handed fines of $4,600 per count (two counts) involving hunting wildlife without a licence, $1,150 for one count of illegal possession of wildlife and $2,500 per count (two counts) for the fraud convictions. Total fines of $15,350 were assessed against McMahon.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alberta Resident Hunter
Old 12-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
BrendansDad.
I think his question was directed at the fact that you seem to have all kinds of reply's but no answers to the actual questions being posed.

If you are going to defend a certain group which you clearly have a vested interest in then you can't pick and choose the parts you defend.

The question was simple. How does a criminal like Lloyd Mcmahon get accepted into APOS to begin with? If you don't have the answer then move along rather than chiming in with a response like the one above that does nothing but further show your blind allegiance to this group of people.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:29 AM

If you are going to write a letter. Topics could be: proof of residency for AB hunting licence, prescribed burns, native harvest, CWD cull, bio’s mismanagement, wolve and lions, loss of habitat, re-instating grizzly hunt.

But you picked Lloyd. Keep up the good fight.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
If you are going to write a letter. Topics could be: proof of residency for AB hunting licence, prescribed burns, native harvest, CWD cull, bio’s mismanagement, wolve and lions, loss of habitat, re-instating grizzly hunt.

But you picked Lloyd. Keep up the good fight.
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Gone Hunting

Lol!! 🤣
Sir, thats not "putting your money where your mouth is", you frugal guy you..
You got your wires all crossed up and put your foot there instead...!
Just to bring you up to speed quick, your email isnt worth "a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on",,, AND,,, that Minister couldnt care less if you had just reported a Yellowstone to Yukon caliber forest fire...

EDIT. Please SLOW DOWN the crazy AND READ... To state what already has been provided in this thread for you (by someone else), and to be simple and clear,,, it is this same govt that you just emailed, whos rules Lloyd is following, by having APOS Membership....
APOS, no matter how much you believe it to be, is certainly not a "by invitation only club". This falls under the realm of, forced, "pay to play"...

I am humbled by your misguided sense of duty, and my hat is off to you Sir.
All the best

Keep a strain on er

Last edited by packhuntr; 12-12-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Lol!! 🤣
Sir, thats not "putting your money where your mouth is", you frugal guy you..?
You got your wires all crossed up and put your foot there instead....!
Just to bring you up to speed quick, that Minister couldnt care less if you had just reported a Yellowstone to Yukon caliber forest fire...

All the best
What are you doing to support your cause?
Old 12-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
As stated some time ago....
My personal thoughts are not on display, on any level.
Why? You keep saying this. Are you scared of repercussions of some sort? Don’t be scared. Man up and state your personal reasoning. Or bow out respectively. Defending someone without stating your reason is just peeing in the wind.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
that Minister couldnt care less if you had just reported a Yellowstone to Yukon caliber forest fire...
Many personal opinions such as this one being stated as fact. Frankly, that email might get filed right into the trash, or it may light a fire. A letter to another minister from my wife just recently brought the scrutiny of the government to a situation and resulted in an effective change.

A lot of guys also criticizing a guy for taking action on a matter that he values as if he somehow cannot care or send letters on other matters such as residency requirements. It's pretty astounding. One day people are complaining that no one is taking action or being active in protecting our images as hunters and our hunting privileges are being eroded, the next day someone acts and fellows can't help but criticize.

Thanks for sending the emails and taking action.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Lol!! ��
Sir, thats not "putting your money where your mouth is", you frugal guy you..
You got your wires all crossed up and put your foot there instead...!
Just to bring you up to speed quick, your email isnt worth "a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on",,, AND,,, that Minister couldnt care less if you had just reported a Yellowstone to Yukon caliber forest fire...

EDIT. Please SLOW DOWN the crazy AND READ... To state what already has been provided in this thread for you (by someone else), and to be simple and clear,,, it is this same govt that you just emailed, whos rules Lloyd is following, by having APOS Membership....
APOS, no matter how much you believe it to be, is certainly not a "by invitation only club". This falls under the realm of, forced, "pay to play"...

All the best
Why do you care so much about what I do? You keep bowing out and then returning. Quite confusing you are!

So maybe the questions we are at now is....

1. If the APOS had refused his nomination or application what recourse would Lloyd of had to appeal the decision?

and

2. If he was elected as a "Member In Good Standing", how could he have been considered a "Member In Good Standing" with his record and taking account the APOS's own Ethics and Standard document?
Old 12-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Why do you care so much about what I do? You keep bowing out and then returning. Quite confusing you are!

So maybe the questions we are at now is....

1. If the APOS had refused his nomination or application what recourse would Lloyd of had to appeal the decision?

and

2. If he was elected as a "Member In Good Standing", how could he have been considered a "Member In Good Standing" with his record and taking account the APOS's own Ethics and Standard document?
So we just had our fall meetings (annual AGM) next door and although I can’t speak to what went on at the APOS meetings I know how ours work and I’m guessing it worked the same.

The elections came up on the agenda and after reading the positions available somebody nominated old Lloyd and it was seconded. If nobody ran against him he was acclaimed and it was a done deal. When he was nominated (in a perfect democratic world) or he volunteered ? somebody who is also a member of APOS would have had to stand up and contest his nomination, and state why.
Then they would have had all the members vote on his nomination going through, or not.

Did old Lloyd break the law, get caught, got charged and convicted 15 years ago ? 100% yes

Has he broken the law since then ? I have no idea, and without personal experience it’s not my place to speculate.

He’s a member in good standing currently because his dues are paid and he hasn’t broken the law or been caught ? in the past number of years causing an ethics committee to decide whether he should be removed from the association.

Could he have appealed if the President or one member decided he couldn’t run, sure he could, the association has rules in their charter outlining this I have no doubt.

Now if I was still involved with APOS and was sitting in that room I would have definitely mentioned the optics of what this election was going to look like with Lloyd being awarded that position.
I can also see why others did not. Standing up in front of a group of your peers pointing out the fact that the 70 ish year old man standing before them broke the wildlife act 15 years ago, and broke the law 35 years ago so he shouldn’t be entitled to hold that seat would be very difficult for most.

I’m honestly glad I didn’t have to do it, although I personally would have if placed in that situation.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
So we just had our fall meetings (annual AGM) next door and although I can’t speak to what went on at the APOS meetings I know how ours work and I’m guessing it worked the same.

The elections came up on the agenda and after reading the positions available somebody nominated old Lloyd and it was seconded. If nobody ran against him he was acclaimed and it was a done deal. When he was nominated (in a perfect democratic world) or he volunteered ? somebody who is also a member of APOS would have had to stand up and contest his nomination, and state why.
Then they would have had all the members vote on his nomination going through, or not.

Did old Lloyd break the law, get caught, got charged and convicted 15 years ago ? 100% yes

Has he broken the law since then ? I have no idea, and without personal experience it’s not my place to speculate.

He’s a member in good standing currently because his dues are paid and he hasn’t broken the law or been caught ? in the past number of years causing an ethics committee to decide whether he should be removed from the association.

Could he have appealed if the President or one member decided he couldn’t run, sure he could, the association has rules in their charter outlining this I have no doubt.

Now if I was still involved with APOS and was sitting in that room I would have definitely mentioned the optics of what this election was going to look like with Lloyd being awarded that position.
I can also see why others did not. Standing up in front of a group of your peers pointing out the fact that the 70 ish year old man standing before them broke the wildlife act 15 years ago, and broke the law 35 years ago so he shouldn’t be entitled to hold that seat would be very difficult for most.

I’m honestly glad I didn’t have to do it, although I personally would have if placed in that situation.

Thank you for the response. I have to say I am a little surprise on simplicity of the APOS election process if that is how it occurs. It sounds more like elections for a local minor hockey association as opposed to a governing body of an industry.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Do you derive pleasure from being WRONG?
This is certainly not a lone wolf governance model here, such as we have witnessed with our current Federal and Provincial elected.
APOS is controlled by the MEMBERSHIP. The President, for example, is merely a SPEAKER, and is just another individual on the MULTI person elected board.
Some of you guys are simply out of control here.
I will stress this again. If some of you desire positive change in this province, please join the rest of us, and further our collective cause(s) through betterment of any of the multiple stakeholder associations/groups in existence today. Again, a GREAT place to start would be the AFGA....
Right or wrong we already got a clown at the helm of this country why would I join, support a group that allows their "Speaker" to be the president with convictions that the organization is supposed to defend against these acts against wildlife etc.....there has to be a better candidate then this within the membership, someone with no wildlife convictions....sign of the times....get a reputable speaker/president and the following will grow and have better future leverage....am I wrong?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...