Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM

Default Another report, sooner then expected!

Got the day off work today so back to the river. Had a few buddies join me and soon enough we caught the first of what would be a 3 sturgeon day. First one was small second near 44 inches and another small one to finish off the day. And caught my very first sauger!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_081514.jpg (53.6 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_081533.jpg (37.3 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_125545.jpg (56.1 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_125614.jpg (35.5 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_132506.jpg (60.4 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_132552.jpg (47.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130604_145955.jpg (48.7 KB, 265 views)
Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Nice work, I have not caught my Dino yet this year, in fact have not caught a Dino in 2 seasons. I have spent a lot of time helping others land them, but not the same. I am sure I have seen you out on the river before and if I see you again I may have to bribe you for the hot spots this year LOL
Old 06-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Good Job man, I hope to have days like that soon, Fathers day weekend we will hit the hole I was telling you about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM

the 5th pic man thats gotta be the smallest sturgeon i have ever seen, very cool
Old 06-04-2013, 08:01 PM

That's awesome Eddie good job!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM

That's awesome , glad someone's been able to snag a few pictures of them small ones . I was catching them the past while in mornings out there early and home by noon . I attempted to tag one but damn being 2 inches wide nd the needle just about as wide , I took measurements and let it go . Well done man .
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM

nice to see that place is still producing. I thought the traffic through there was crazy this year?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Banned

right on eddie. after pembina yesterday i hit herm today for 3 jack. glad to see i'm not the only one who tries to get out every day. i am jealous that your spot is obviously more fun.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
nice to see that place is still producing. I thought the traffic through there was crazy this year?
Not as bad as other years , but still busy , but I think it relates to the RCMP cracking down big time .
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Timing is key. Early mornings on weekdays I have often had the place all to myself.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJax View Post
Timing is key. Early mornings on weekdays I have often had the place all to myself.
I was out with the camera last night there were a few guys last night which is rare during the week . But I like that the cops are cleaning the place up , many people who shouldn't be down there that I haven't seen yet . Mind you don't spend as much time as I used to .
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES View Post
I was out with the camera last night there were a few guys last night which is rare during the week . But I like that the cops are cleaning the place up , many people who shouldn't be down there that I haven't seen yet . Mind you don't spend as much time as I used to .
The cops have been pretty friendly out there too. Speaking of cleaning up I picked up all the garbage the other day. Someone even brought 3 barrels out there for everyone, good to see. If we all do our part it can stay that way.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJax View Post
The cops have been pretty friendly out there too. Speaking of cleaning up I picked up all the garbage the other day. Someone even brought 3 barrels out there for everyone, good to see. If we all do our part it can stay that way.
You can that that one cop that comes down there , he went to the county of strathcona and said there needs to be garbage containers down there , and they came and cleaned all the garbage in the trees , he told me that if we take care of the place they will make sure we have that stuff , he talked about getting a porta potty down there poured onto a concrete pad wasn't sure if they'd do that but I think if the people who spend a lot of tie down there can prove its cleaned up and can be respected they would do something like that . Wouldn't that be nice .
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM

I had never gone to that place before until this season, now I have not gone anywhere but there this season lol lol, Met some pretty cool people down there, Pulled my first sturgeon of the season out there, and have caught over 75 fish total there this season! , that place has grown on me pretty quickly ,

But the best part of it all .... I can take my son down there due to accessibility. He has had some fun days down there,

They have to raise the price of a license or have some type of extra fees to put some money back into the fisheries and recreations so we can further enjoy these areas,

I for one would have no troubles paying a little more for fees or license if it meant thses places getting treated better with Garbages, Toilets, Better boat launches, Cleaner Banks ! ECT !!!!!!! lol.,

Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES View Post
You can that that one cop that comes down there , he went to the county of strathcona and said there needs to be garbage containers down there , and they came and cleaned all the garbage in the trees , he told me that if we take care of the place they will make sure we have that stuff , he talked about getting a porta potty down there poured onto a concrete pad wasn't sure if they'd do that but I think if the people who spend a lot of tie down there can prove its cleaned up and can be respected they would do something like that . Wouldn't that be nice .

And yes your right about that one cop John.. He Now knows me by first and last name, But still checks my papers everytime he sees me just to make sure I have my license , Lol hell I don't mind, the more people he fines for bad license or not carrying one, the more money in the Fisheries Lol

Old 06-04-2013, 10:59 PM

This is my first season out there as well and its already looking a lot better then it did when the snow finished melting. The cops have spoken to me a few times about trying to clean that place up. Last couple days they didn't even approach me just did a drive through. But its also surprising how much crap can appear over night out there. I kick my shoes off and walk into the water to land the big sturgeon. Every time I have to watch for hooks and glass. Should probably just get some water shoes or sandals I suppose.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileddie713 View Post
This is my first season out there as well and its already looking a lot better then it did when the snow finished melting. The cops have spoken to me a few times about trying to clean that place up. Last couple days they didn't even approach me just did a drive through. But its also surprising how much crap can appear over night out there. I kick my shoes off and walk into the water to land the big sturgeon. Every time I have to watch for hooks and glass. Should probably just get some water shoes or sandals I suppose.
Be careful walking barefoot. As i told badass, i always check for needles along the shoreline as i have picked up many at that location.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
Be careful walking barefoot. As i told badass, i always check for needles along the shoreline as i have picked up many at that location.
Haha last time I do that I guess. Water shoes it is. I have some hard drive magnets I will attach to some wire and walk the bank while I wait for a bite next time. Kinda sickens me to think about all that waste left there. So many people with kids and dogs in that area. Saw someones dog picking up minnows and eating them off the bank. Thankfully no hooks were left in them.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
the 5th pic man thats gotta be the smallest sturgeon i have ever seen, very cool
This is the smallest I have caught. Bad ass and I pulled this guy in Sunday. Measured in at 14". I posted a pic of him/her already but it didn't show how small it was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130602_074729.jpg (60.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 AM

Is that legends?

And did you find the river flowing fast and hard to get your weight to sit.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 AM

[QUOTE=crosbyfan123;1992677]Is that legends?

And did you find the river flowing fast and hard to get your weight to sit.[/QUOTEI]

I was having trouble with an 8 ounce weight holding bottom a couple days ago.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=AppleJax;1992687]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbyfan123 View Post
Is that legends?

And did you find the river flowing fast and hard to get your weight to sit.[/QUOTEI]

I was having trouble with an 8 ounce weight holding bottom a couple days ago.

I have no problem keeping my 3 oz stuck down ???? I was showing eddie my 3 oz sticks just fine lol . Im used to the fast water, Just gotta know how to sink er ! lol

And BTW Evil eddie, That sig looks Badass....

Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Hehe thanks again for the sign badass. I used 6 ounces as long as you cast up current or down current it sat pretty well. If you cast straight out the current was too much. All those dinos were fairly shallow too maybe 20 feet to 30 feet from shore.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Default legends

i had stopped going to legends because of all the garbage and party animals but seeing those dinos and hearing that people are being more responsible is making me re-think.

those are pretty slick personal sigs. you guys have. i put this plate on my truck this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg any.jpg (36.9 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
i had stopped going to legends because of all the garbage and party animals but seeing those dinos and hearing that people are being more responsible is making me re-think.

those are pretty slick personal sigs. you guys have. i put this plate on my truck this weekend.

Thats not legends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .........