Old 08-16-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Me n 270 are buds. Sort of.
Haha Like Reagan and Gorbachev?
Old 08-16-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
My best friend in high school had a 65 Buick Wildcat. Had a lot of great memories in that car. He’s passed on now . I recently purchased a 1970 Wildcat, think of him every time I drive it. Luxury muscle at it’s finest.
Does it still have that 455 in it? Those old Wildcats are cool. There is an older one in town. Can't remember the year but it still has the nail head into it. You just dont see a whole lot of them around which makes em more special.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
When I chopped the roof and fabricated the seat mounts I had a friend of mine sit next to me in the cab on blocks that I kept adjusting until my line of vision was in the center of the windshield opening and he had headroom. Im 5'6" and he looks to be just shy of 6'12". So yep very roomy.
Are you JJ da boss? Soon as I saw your truck thats what it reminded me of. I just love your truck though. What's in it? If they are all painted up to perfect you can't use them for anything. Doesn't look to chopped. How much did you take out?
Old 08-16-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
More like Blondie and Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-16-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Are you JJ da boss? Soon as I saw your truck thats what it reminded me of. I just love your truck though. What's in it? If they are all painted up to perfect you can't use them for anything. Doesn't look to chopped. How much did you take out?
Nope. I'm mr Bacon and my wife is da boss

I took just under 4" out of the top. I didn't want a crazy chop. Was saving that for my 31 Tudor sedan. It's got a 406 ci small block with a teeeeeny bit of work done to it. Like I said before, it leaves strange black marks on the pavement every time I take off lol.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:34 PM

I don't own one but ever since I was a young teenager I've lusted after a '69 Super Bee with the 440 six pack. Not sure what it is about the car. I just really like the styling and history. Someday........

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Does it still have that 455 in it? Those old Wildcats are cool. There is an older one in town. Can't remember the year but it still has the nail head into it. You just dont see a whole lot of them around which makes em more special.
Yup got the 455😊
Old 08-16-2020, 08:28 PM

My Zip-n'-Z .... 70 ½ Z28, 302, B/W Super T-10-264 first & 456 /12 bolt possi, built it in 1978 never seen a snowflake sold it in 1997 before I moved to Edmonchuk.

Miss that car.

D.

If I still had her it would be this color today.

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 08-16-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
It's really bad form to put someone on ignore who was nice and shipped you a part once. It kinda obligates you to put up with me, forever. If the Flames advance to round two, it's gonna be a painful experience too. Just sayin.

Lol. Who are these Flames you speak of? Sports team? Vehicle decals? Mexican food repercussions? Sounds very feminine so I could be way off base.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Me n 270 are buds. Sort of.

I reserved the right to renege on that part of our relationship if things went sideways with your post offerings. Last week or two have got me thinking.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Kinda like that but the stain on TC's melon is a lot bigger and I've had a bugger of a time getting it removed. Next step is sandblasting and if that doesn't work I'm going to try my Benelli.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I reserved the right to renege on that part of our relationship if things went sideways with your post offerings. Last week or two have got me thinking.
Well, finally something got you thinking. Mission accomplished. The Benelli thing is a little far though.

Now, I'm don'e derailing this thread.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-17-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
I don't own one but ever since I was a young teenager I've lusted after a '69 Super Bee with the 440 six pack. Not sure what it is about the car. I just really like the styling and history. Someday........

I'm not a huge Mopar guy. Late sixty's to 70 though they were definitely at the top of their game with cars. My pick would be a super b coronet or road runner. All the muscle cars though from that era are so expensive! Even if I could afford one you couldn't really even park it outside. Let alone tear around in it much.
I like the later on Little Red Express trucks that bypassed the emissions laws. They had a black one with a 440 as well. It wouldn't be to hard to get an old Fargo and drop a modern big block Mopar crate motor into it. Nothing painted up to fancy, but something to play with on back roads.
Another way could be a 1990 Dodge Cummins diesel drivetrains under a Fargo body. I kind of like those sixty's Fargo body's.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:13 PM

You guys that sold your dream car or never got it. Man you got to get after it. There is never going to be a right time and we are all going to be dead before we know it. I dont think we get a second go around so get after it.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You guys that sold your dream car or never got it. Man you got to get after it. There is never going to be a right time and we are all going to be dead before we know it. I dont think we get a second go around so get after it.
Ya, I agree.....life is short. I bought a new T/A 392 to wet my whistle until I get my '69. I plan to start hunting one down this winter!

Old 09-05-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Takes a big man to admit that. Well done.

Now, about that poodle....
I was very successful in that car.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2020, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
68 Camero
Is that anything like a CamAro?

Hard to pick just one, '69 Mustang Boss 429 is pretty high up there on the all time fave's list, as is an old bubbletop Impala, shoebox Nova, '63 split window Vette or an old Chevy Apache truck. Boat tailed Buick Riv's were pretty cool too.

Plenty of cool Cadillac's out there too, both classic and modern, the CTSV-Coupe, WOW!

Lamborghini Countach posters used to decorate my walls as a youngster, you can swap that Countach out for an Aventador today.

But if I could only pick one I'm taking a 71 Chevelle resto mod drop top with a modern LS 454 LS7 with a pair of hair dryers (turbos) on it with a 6 speed manual so I can row through all the gears.

And if someone else is buying I'll take a Pagani Huayra Hermes Edition. It's a one off custom build for Manny Khoshbin. It's estimated to be worth about 7 million and every inch of it is a work of art. Check out his car collection, absolutely incredible full of one off custom builds including one off builds by both Bugatti and a McLaren. He owns a Saleen S7 and said he never drives it cause it scares the crap out of him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALrv0nvy1XQ&t=282s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zea6c6g9oyI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dM2FTkNUzuk
Old 09-06-2020, 04:54 AM

Talking

For the Pinto Fans..... !

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...nWHPm5ZXB9Ymgg
Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 AM

I always liked the 69 Roadrunner, but would like to have my first vehicle again, a black on black 1979 F150 XLT. What am I saying, I could probably fill two more pages of vehicles that I like. Muscle cars, modern muscle cars, classic cars, exotics, trucks etc. Heck, I'd even own the V8 pinto wagon above (my grandmother had a '72 and my mother a '79). I nearly wear out my keyboard every day looking at vehicle classifieds.

If only I had a three (or more) car garage, and a wife that didn't consider every older car a jalopy.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Default My Lake Winnipeg Ice fishing machine

1971 Olds Toronado
455 Front Wheel Drive
Bought it used in 1977 for $400 with my income tax refund.
Incredible in the winter-like a hot knife thru butter in large snow drifts.
The heater was epic-Could blow dry your hair with the CFM that thing was throwing out.
Nothing but hood.Hard to keep knuckle joints in it, but once I learned to only stomp on the gas when the wheels were in a straight line,I was golden
Looked like this but rougher

Drove it on the Red River North out of Selkirk in the winter and regularly rescued stuck trucks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olds.jpg (57.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-06-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post

That is a crazy coincidence.

I also had a 78 Colt in Blue. My first car. Had 3 different sizes tires and wasn't nearly in as good of shape as your was. Bought it for $500. Muffler was shot, needed to rebuild the Solex Carb to get it to run properly but it also served me well.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
1978 Dodge Colt

I've seen these with V8s dropped into them , back in the day !
Hot Rodders are a strange bunch......
Old 09-07-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Chauffeuring your buddies from the high school chess club around from match to match should not be considered a success. Ever.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Chauffeuring your buddies from the high school chess club around from match to match should not be considered a success. Ever.
Your jealousy knows no bounds

Every time I look at that pic, my heart warms.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:42 AM

The reason for my moniker. All time favorite vehicle. We drove 8500km in 10 days on that trip, I would have gladly doubled it.
Bought new in 2007 in the States. To buy the same car here was $108,000.00 at the time, down South I paid $60,000 cash. Next time we hit par I am going to do it again.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
1978 Dodge Colt
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That is a crazy coincidence.

I also had a 78 Colt in Blue. My first car. Had 3 different sizes tires and wasn't nearly in as good of shape as your was. Bought it for $500. Muffler was shot, needed to rebuild the Solex Carb to get it to run properly but it also served me well.
Maybe you guys were separated at birth like Danny and Arnold in Twins...?

From you Avatar I'm guessing you're Danny EZM...? Don't be too hard on yourself...a dad only has enough good goo for one kid...
Old 09-07-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post

Maybe you guys were separated at birth like Danny and Arnold in Twins...?

From you Avatar I'm guessing you're Danny EZM...? Don't be too hard on yourself...a dad only has enough good goo for one kid...
That gave me a good laugh.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:58 AM

I've always liked El Caminos.
I drove a 77 for a number of years when I was younger and cooler. Ran it into a cavalier.
Bought an 82 as a project, but that one was too far gone. My brother put it out of its misery when he burnt that shed down.
If I ever have the money to justify it (likely never) I'd buy a 77 again. That era was probably the least popular in the existence of the El Camino.
If I ever came into an outrageous fortune, I'd buy one in each body style of it's history.