Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 05:59 AM

Thumbs down Lloydminster RCMP

I haven't seen this, so if it is a double post, my apologies. My comments will be at the bottom. Mods - if this is a double post, please delete.

http://www.meridianbooster.com/2015/...get-new-gear-2

The RCMP in Lloydminster has quietly received new equipment that will aid them in policing.

“The RCMP is working on rolling out the C8 carbine to the detachments, as well as hard body armour,” said Constable Grant Kirzinger of the Lloydminster RCMP.

“It’s something that we have received, that we have at our detachment, and we have members that are trained with that. We’ll continue to be looking to do more training with the new equipment.”

The exact number of both of those items could not be disclosed, but Kirzinger believes that the items are needed. The use of carbines was a move by the RCMP in the wake of a major incident which occurred in Mayorthorpe, AB in 2005. 375 rifles were initially ordered back in 2011.

“The tools that we use in our job change regularly, and the threats that we deal with are very dynamic in nature,” said Kirzinger.

“A lot of them are serious, and it has been determined and decided that we need better equipment to deal with specific situations, and to help us deal with different threat levels. Unfortunately, there is availability of firearms to the general public, and it’s something that we need to make sure we’re taking seriously, and preparing for.”

The improved body armour has been present at the detachment for a long period of time, according to Kirzinger. The rifle is a fairly recent addition.

“The hard body armour is something that we do utilize, and carry with us to many of the serious calls that we attend, just to make sure that we are well-equipped,” said Kirzinger.

“It’s a very standard thing. Equipment is a thing that is issued to us by Ottawa, and they determine what it is that we’re able to get.”

As for any new equipment that could be headed to Lloydminster, Kirzinger believes that anything that does come will be beneficial.

“For now we’ll just wait and see what else the RCMP and the government decide that will help us do our jobs the best,” said Kirzinger.

Snipped from the article

"Unfortunately, there is availability of firearms to the general public."

WTF? The Mounties are actually saying this in public now?

And a C8 is now a patrol carbine, not an assault rifle... Different when it is not the public, apparently.

Frikken media...
Old 02-09-2015, 06:42 AM

Yay. Some more goodies for the cops to have stolen from them.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Join up boys, walk a mile in their boots and see how things are but I know 98% wouldn't even get past basic training so carry on complaining!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-09-2015, 07:31 AM

I've got no problem having RCMP or police armored an armed to the teeth. They should never have to go under gunned.
I do have a problem when someone thinks I shouldn't have guns.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 AM

what I think that the OP was trying to get across was How the media calls it a carbine when the rcmp have them but if Joe public owns one its a assault rifle

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-09-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
I've got no problem having RCMP or police armored an armed to the teeth. They should never have to go under gunned.
100 per cent agreed!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
what I think that the OP was trying to get across was How the media calls it a carbine when the rcmp have them but if Joe public owns one its a assault rifle
Or assault weapon LOL Not even sure where the media got that one they just like to scare the public

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 AM

Everybody thinks they work harder than anyone else.

Judging by the average officer I see's physical shape I suspect your, "98% of us couldn't pass basic training" is a little high, like maybe about 98% of your estimate.

Yes, it's a stressfull job few of us want, but let's be honest, it's NOT a dangerous one statistically, in fact in Canada being a secretary in an insurance office is stastically more dangerous, look it up.

Didn't mean to start an arguement I just get tired of hearing about that imaginary cross that's borne while officers seem to be getting more aggressive and untrustorthy by the year. A little reality needs to be injected from time to time.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Join up boys, walk a mile in their boots and see how things are but I know 98% wouldn't even get past basic training so carry on complaining!
Lol distraction. Red herring.

That's like saying abortion is only a woman's issue, and men have no say or input.

Arguments are void of gender, orientation, and yes, police or non.

One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the double standard of the R.C.M.P calling them patrol carbines for them and assault rifles for us. Not only that but their standard capacity magazines are apparently safer in their hands...

Lol. I would smoke the training I'm sure of it. My dad was an R.C.M.P member for 35 years and I am quite a physically and mentally capable.

Don't detract.

While they may want the body armour to be/feel safer, what a canard to push that THEY are safer while having an AR variation rifle and 30 round magazine but that it is unfortunate that the general public has firearms.

This is a brainwashing piece to condition the public that the police and military are the only ones who should have firearms. Pure hogwash.

To defend the militarization of our police forces is tyranny.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Wow, did you read the article, the op wasn't complaining about whiny police officers who can't do their job, he was simply making a point about one of the comments, which by the way was completely uncalled for, unfortunately it is how a lot feel.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Wow, did you read the article, the op wasn't complaining about whiny police officers who can't do their job, he was simply making a point about one of the comments, which by the way was completely uncalled for, unfortunately it is how a lot feel.
X2
Old 02-09-2015, 08:14 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Yeah maybe I jumped out with two guns blazing, just every time we have a RCMP topic they are bashed and I personally am sick of it. I always say to those who complain step up and make a difference or stand down and be silent.
Carbine, assault rifle, shotgun, shotty, scatter gun, potatoe, potato...
As for dangerous etc as the sun goes down the animals come out, that is what they deal with as our heads are on the pillow all tucked in our beds.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:21 AM

Yup. Happy for officers to have armor and proper guns and magazines. But it's unnecessary and ignorant to be commenting on "unfortunate" civy gun ownership. Also the mags and name.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah maybe I jumped out with two guns blazing, just every time we have a RCMP topic they are bashed and I personally am sick of it. I always say to those who complain step up and make a difference or stand down and be silent.
As for dangerous etc as the sun goes down the animals come out, that is what they deal with as our heads are on the pillow all tucked in our beds.
No worries, I don't think anybody has bashed the RCMP yet on this thread, but I am sure it will come unfortunately, there is always a few jackazzes.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:44 AM

I say arm them to the teeth, but train them to use the equipment properly. I would rather them be able to protect themselves and the general public than be outgunned yet again.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:42 AM

After Moncton the powers that be finally realized our police are out gunned, now maybe they can also dispatch wounded animals from motor vehicle accidents with one shot.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6gunner View Post
I say arm them to the teeth, but train them to use the equipment properly. I would rather them be able to protect themselves and the general public than be outgunned yet again.
I personally help my wife who is RCMP officer with rifle and pistol drills (gunfighter), body armour/kit placement, entry drills, and etc. I personally feel much more comfortable when she asks me about how to improve on all these.

From what she tells me the training they receive is not at par and is just the basic standard. I can see from and hear from other current and former CF members that they also conduct this personal training with their spouses.
free to worship in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong,
or free to choose those
who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom
I pledge to uphold
for myself and all mankind.”

— John Diefenbaker
Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 AM

There is a little bit of irony in that the RCMP call their new firearms "patrol carbines", but if I as a private citizen own the exact same rifle, they call it an "assault rifle."
Old 02-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Who cares what they are called... I feel alot better knowing that they are gonna be able to protect my family and friends if needed...

I don't think anyone of us would want to be in a gun fight with a revolver and a shotgun
Old 02-09-2015, 11:13 AM

Sorry, one question that hasn't been asked...
According to the flavour of the article...
Do the RCMP need these items to police or subdue the general population???

Oh, I do agree that the members should be provided with the correct tools to do their job. As long as that job is to provide police services. Period.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprbloggins View Post
I personally help my wife who is RCMP officer with rifle and pistol drills (gunfighter), body armour/kit placement, entry drills, and etc. I personally feel much more comfortable when she asks me about how to improve on all these.

From what she tells me the training they receive is not at par and is just the basic standard. I can see from and hear from other current and former CF members that they also conduct this personal training with their spouses.
I think you are right.

My mountie friend actually needed help sighting in his new hunting rifle. His marksmanship with a rifle is very poor. But I know he has been trained with one.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTTT View Post
Sorry, one question that hasn't been asked...
According to the flavour of the article...
Do the RCMP need these items to police or subdue the general population???

Oh, I do agree that the members should be provided with the correct tools to do their job. As long as that job is to provide police services. Period.
General population = wolfs in sheep's clothing a possible threat that lingers.

As for training they cover a wide variety to do the job however there is higher levels of training with the RCMP as with the CF that is specifically task(s) orientated.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
General population = wolfs in sheep's clothing a possible threat that lingers.

As for training they cover a wide variety to do the job however there is higher levels of training with the RCMP as with the CF that is specifically task(s) orientated.

The statement:
General Population = wolfs in sheep's clothing
Sounds like the terrorists have already won the battle. Or the state is just using this as an excuse to militarize the police.

Would you feel safer, if you knew that all your neighbours had hand guns and were licensed to carry? Or would you feel safer if the only people that had firearms were the police and criminals?

Living in a small town where it takes the RCMP 10-20 min to respond to an emergency call, I know what my answer is.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 PM

why the thumb down?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasbok View Post
Who cares what they are called... I feel alot better knowing that they are gonna be able to protect my family and friends if needed...

I don't think anyone of us would want to be in a gun fight with a revolver and a shotgun
I think I would be able to protect my friends and family more adequatly if I have one. By the time the mounties get to my house the smoke would of already cleared and there would be little they could do but clean up the mess and hopefully catch the perps. I beleive they should have the right tools to protect themselves but we all should. As far as protecting joe public i can't see it making a difference unless they were to us them for shooting the rabid dogs that seem to plague our society.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
This, for sure. There's no reason that the RCMP or police should not have access to the same guns/calibers that I do. Intentionally forcing them to be out gunned (by criminals that probably have illegal access to even greater firepower) when the **** hits the fan is not right.

I also fully support your second point. Why restrict my access if I'm in complete compliance (and then some- I go beyond bare minimums with transport and storage security) with the law?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTTT View Post
The statement:
General Population = wolfs in sheep's clothing
Sounds like the terrorists have already won the battle. Or the state is just using this as an excuse to militarize the police.

Would you feel safer, if you knew that all your neighbours had hand guns and were licensed to carry? Or would you feel safer if the only people that had firearms were the police and criminals?

Living in a small town where it takes the RCMP 10-20 min to respond to an emergency call, I know what my answer is.
Actual policing is going to get harder and harder. There's a culture of distrust forming between the public and the police. Getting worse now than its ever been IMO. For example, how many of you guys would willingly give a statement to police without consulting a lawyer, at the very least, first?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:35 PM

I find it hilarious that it's now a CARBINE, not an ASSAULT RIFLE.

Strange how the two words are interchanged when dealing with certain news topics....

The Lloydminster RCMP just got ASSAULT RIFLES.....
Old 02-09-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Much worse dangers face those who log for our lumber, catch our fish, fly our planes, build our houses, find our oil, grow our food and deliver our goods. Sure, policing may not be such a pleasant job at times but to assume that that law enforcement is staring death in the eyes every night is a stretch. Arming them like we do our military troops is a leftist pacifier, and widens the divide in citizen-police relations (which may be at an all-time low already).

The politically-correct term "patrol carbine" is merely softening the fodder to sell the idea. Perhaps the privately held version should be referred to as the "sporting carbine", though it's not likely it ever will... it's too late for the concept to fly. The damage has already been done by the leftist lapdog media, as illustrated by the fine example in the above article. Vilification of gun owners continues ever-so-subtly.

Last edited by propliner; 02-09-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:45 PM

its about time, good for them
Closed Thread