Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Ralph Klein--Alberta Premier from 1996-2006

REALITY CHECK:

Ralph Klein declared our province debt free in 2003. What were his tax rates in that year?

Corporate Tax: 13%
Small Business Tax: 4.5%
Small Business Threshold: 350K

Proposed rates under the NDP:

Corporate Tax: 12%
Small Business Tax : 3%
Small Business Threshold: 500K

http://www.finance.alberta.ca/public...tes/hist1.html
Old 05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post
Ralph Klein--Alberta Premier from 1996-2006

REALITY CHECK:

Ralph Klein declared our province debt free in 2003. What were his tax rates in that year?

Corporate Tax: 13%
Small Business Tax: 4.5%
Small Business Threshold: 350K

Proposed rates under the NDP:

Corporate Tax: 12%
Small Business Tax : 3%
Small Business Threshold: 500K

http://www.finance.alberta.ca/public...tes/hist1.html
Bingo. That was under Ralph Klein. Sadly, Ralph Klein has passed away and we have been stuck with Stelmach, Redford, Prentice, and now Notley. With dunces like that running the ship, not even higher oil prices and lower tax rates have been able to save us. If Rachel Motley was half as competent as Ralph Klein, I would be comfortable with her raising the corp tax rate to 11.5%.

You have made an excellent point. Ralph Klein was the best. RIP, King Ralph.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:33 PM

And I do hope people realize that the NDP will continue to raise corporate tax. That has always been their policy. And the trickle down effect will be felt in the economy. Rob from the rich (big business) and give to the poor (career welfare recipients)
Old 05-10-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Bingo. That was under Ralph Klein. Sadly, Ralph Klein has passed away and we have been stuck with Stelmach, Redford, Prentice, and now Notley. With dunces like that running the ship, not even higher oil prices and lower tax rates have been able to save us. If Rachel Motley was half as competent as Ralph Klein, I would be comfortable with her raising the corp tax rate to 11.5%.

I wouldn't go so far as calling Notley a dunce, just yet. wait until she gets in office first. Roy Romanow proved that the NDP can be pragmatic and I consider it a positive sign Notley called him and not Rae, or Clark.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
With all the negative NDP talk........how the hell did they get voted in??
I wouldn't pay to much attention to it, it is mostly by a dozen or so whiners, who are crying because their party didn't win. A rational person waits to see what people do, whiners cry before, during and after even when the results are good. Some people put more value in being perceived as right, rather than good being done in the province.........hence whiner.

Even if the NDP after 4 years have a surplus, improve the education and health care, create jobs, they will still whine, and why...........because they have been proven wrong, and there is nothing that will ever take precedence over preventing that. Its not a political thing, its a character thing.

These were the same ones that were so sure that the polls meant nothing.............but have even one suggested how wrong they were......nope, just blame others for it happening...............sound familiar.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 AM

If he lived in Alberta-I am pretty sure he would be a new MLA

Would that count as a good thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jian-ghomeshi-05.jpg (27.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-12-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

We have no idea if Notley is competent or not. Ralph is part of the reason that we are so far behind in all our infrastructure.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
We have no idea if Notley is competent or not. Ralph is part of the reason that we are so far behind in all our infrastructure.
Is it better to have a competent lefty runnning things or an incompetent one? I'm hoping she got in over her head and will do what the oil companies tell her to do for the most part. NDP policy implementation would not be good.

Maybe she'll pull a Paul Martin and act like some kind of pseudo-conservative.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Gone Hunting

Can you imagine if a political party platform included doing away with the income tax? I'll bet even Dion could have won on that ticket.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-12-2015, 08:03 PM

Goods things the NPD might do, hmm let me think.

-Less people, hopefully with the new crappy economy a million people or more move away or at least slow the influx of people moving here.

-Initially give the Federal NDP a lift in order to split the left vote to keep Turdo out.
-Then by the end of the term Canadians see how bad the NDP is by ruining Alberta they will not get in federally

-Less transfer payments going to Quebec

-Refine more of the oil in Canada, in the long run that's probably a good thing.

-More family time, with less work.

Can't think of anything else as I don't work for the government..... yet!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
He also butchered health care and education, if you think back it was during his time that the long lineups started in almost every aspect of health care..........quite the guy alright, but you can be assured Notley will fix both of these screw-ups.

Last edited by bobalong; 05-12-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Banned

Default The Missing Trillion

Don't worry; Be Happy. Just sing "If we had a Trillion Dollars"

Please watch this :

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...E451AA21E09742
Old 05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Don't worry; Be Happy. Just sing "If we had a Trillion Dollars"

Please watch this :

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...E451AA21E09742
What Nick Hanauer is arguing for is taking more taxes from the rich for the simple reason that they have more. Like a thief that hits the nice neighbourhoods because they have better stuff. So wrong on so many levels.

One other thing I can't help but notice about so many of these rich dudes advocating paying more in taxes, is that they always seem to be rich. There is not a single law on the books in Canada, or the USA that says you cannot overpay your taxes. He is more than welcome to forward 90% of his earnings (and all of his holdings if he so desires) to the government. They will gladly accept it....guaranteed.

Like so many liberals though, what he is advocating is not the taking of more money from him...but the taking of more money from others. These guys give these speeches to get back slaps from their liberal friends at $25,000 a plate political fundraisers. That is all.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:49 AM

I'm slightly indifferent to the fact who won, I'm just in favour for environmental policies increasing and drug tolerance to be stricter. If they fix the roads in Edmonton that's just a bonus
Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
I'm just in favour for environmental policies increasing and drug tolerance to be stricter.
oh there will be drug tolerance i guarantee it