Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

Default Liberal stance on gun control

Well as stated in a prior post I have emailed all the candidates on this topic this morning, it is of no surprise to me this was my first reply. I'm not going to comment on this, I'm sharing..that is all

Dear Mountain adventurer,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding gun control.

Liberals are committed to creating fewer victims of gun violence and we believe in balanced gun control that prioritizes public safety while ensuring that law-abiding firearms owners like yourself do not face undue treatment under the law. We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

Liberals will not bring back a gun registry, but recognize that we do need smart and well-crafted gun control legislation. Liberals do support measures that streamline licencing paperwork, tighten safety training requirements, and make it harder for people convicted of domestic offences to obtain a gun.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective on this issue. It is through consultation with Canadians like you that the Liberal Party of Canada can continue to develop policies that reflect the priorities of Canadians. To check out the policy commitments we've made so far and to share your ideas, please visit us at RealChange.ca.

Kind regards,
Old 08-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Banned

Sounds like they left themselves some wiggle room in there.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sounds like they left themselves some wiggle room in there.
Also sounds like they have no plan for criminals and their unlicensed guns?
Old 08-21-2015, 04:06 PM

We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

What the heck does that mean?

More political rambling about nothing, no plans for registry although they probley have their fingers crossed
Old 08-21-2015, 04:06 PM

See they say they won't bring back a registry "officially" but they will likely have a point of sale records keeping ledger made mandatory....so ummm that's a registry

LC
Old 08-21-2015, 04:07 PM

Gun control .... Need politician control .... Have your local liberal spayed or neutered please
Old 08-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Gone Hunting

A BS letter that says Blah, blah blah. Nothing misleading there

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-21-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

More political rambling about nothing, no plans for registry although they probley have their fingers crossed
+1 Very vague!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:59 PM

Default Pure political rhetoric

The Liberanos were the ones who wasted $2billion (!!) on the last scheme, and this is pure dishonest BS, geared to election time. The Liberanos historically and presently only have one real policy - get power at any cost - say and do anything to fulfil this goal. Then they will arrogantly ignore their promises (anyone remember repeal the GST, or no to wage and price controls, or ... the list goes on...) and do whatever they think will keep them there, as they have the utmost cynical disregard for the intelligence of the public (politically a wise call?), and believe the public purse is their own personal trough. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people can be repeatedly sucked in by this very corrupt organization.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
The Liberanos were the ones who wasted $2billion (!!) on the last scheme, and this is pure dishonest BS, geared to election time. The Liberanos historically and presently only have one real policy - get power at any cost - say and do anything to fulfil this goal. Then they will arrogantly ignore their promises (anyone remember repeal the GST, or no to wage and price controls, or ... the list goes on...) and do whatever they think will keep them there, as they have the utmost cynical disregard for the intelligence of the public (politically a wise call?), and believe the public purse is their own personal trough. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people can be repeatedly sucked in by this very corrupt organization.
Harper's just as corrupt. So does that mean we should vote NDP who are even MORE corrupt? Justin is at least change. With the way things are going right now I blame Harper for his reliance on China needing our Oil to keep the economy going.

And Evidence based Gun Control is a good thing. It means there going to use actual research to see what policies actually reduce gun related crime.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
And Evidence based Gun Control is a good thing. It means there going to use actual research to see what policies actually reduce gun related crime.
Holeee, I got this bridge for sale....cheap
Old 08-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Harper's just as corrupt. So does that mean we should vote NDP who are even MORE corrupt? Justin is at least change. With the way things are going right now I blame Harper for his reliance on China needing our Oil to keep the economy going.

How much oil does Canada ship to China?
Old 08-21-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
How much oil does Canada ship to China?
Who owns a bunch of mines up North? Why is there such a push on for the Northern Gateway project?
Old 08-21-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Liberals have ignored solid evidence so far. What make you think they'll change now?

Oh, I know, they haven't manufactured their evidence yet

And we get it - you hate Steven Harper 'cause he personally offended you by taking away your right to strike. Boo hoo. That doesn't make him corrupt. And you seem to blindly ignore the corruption of your beloved Liberals, corruption that makes the Harper Conservative party pretty clean overall - for a political party
Trudeau must have pretty good handlers now - he's getting a lot better at 'double-speak' - and you are falling for it.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Who owns a bunch of mines up North? Why is there such a push on for the Northern Gateway project?
Don't answer a question with a question, if you don't know, just say so....
Old 08-21-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post

Evidence is that semi automatic rifles and handguns are used for killing people and not solely for hunting... If they are removed from private hands the country will be a safer place...

Get ready for a well crafted gun grab this time around.

.....you won't like me when I'm angry...
.....heck you probably won't like me even when I'm not
Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Liberals have ignored solid evidence so far. What make you think they'll change now?
snip
Trudeau must have pretty good handlers now - he's getting a lot better at 'double-speak' - and you are falling for it.
x2

We must speak to the gun grabbers with a united voice and resist BS & evasive and easily denied double speak.

There is only one party that has any care about us (and that is pretty minimal and self serving).

A vote against citizen gun ownership is a vote for tyranny and democide.

"Political power comes from the barrel of a gun", as said by Chairman Mao, a great implementer of citizen disarmament and believer that 'only the police and army have any need of arms', (he was also one of the worst murderers of disarmed citizens in history). It is ironic that the greatest supporters of citizen disarmament (aka 'gun control') have usually been its greatest victims.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
Evidence is that semi automatic rifles and handguns are used for killing people and not solely for hunting... If they are removed from private hands the country will be a safer place...

Get ready for a well crafted gun grab this time around.
Yep, the gun grabbers in the back rooms are still smarting from the last screw up and have undoubtedly learned some hard lessons on how to better implement their schemes for the future when the opportunity arises.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:11 PM

The evidence shows that background checks save lives. We already do background checks as part of our PAL. I have seen no evidence that a registry would prevent gun related suicides and homicides so I doubt they'd bring that in.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
The evidence shows that background checks save lives. We already do background checks as part of our PAL. I have seen no evidence that a registry would prevent gun related suicides and homicides so I doubt they'd bring that in.
What dreamland do you live in ??? If you are that naive, please do not vote! It has to do with complete disarment, period.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM

mmmmmmmm you doubt they would bring that in yet trudeau said he was all for gun control.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:36 PM

Default I'm glad

Quote:

that you are voting Liberano, because it is just a wasted vote in AB, and will help split the idiot vote where it is any threat to the CPC candidate. Where do you get your actual evidence of Harper being corrupt? From him actually turning in and disavowing the Senators and others who were caught with their hands in the cookie jar? Hey, there are always a few, but the difference is that this government did not mount a major effort to cover up such misdeeds - they faced it and tossed the wrongdoers - unlike the Liberanos who only came clean (at great public expense) after their major cover up efforts totally failed.

If you actually believe Shiny Pony's rhetorical BS on gun control, I have a deal on some swampland with great potential ....
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM

NDP and Liberals will register, ban, and ultimately confiscate every firearm in public possession. This is the left end game.

If you believe anything else you are simply too stupid to reason with.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Banned

Wow. Same old argument over and over.

When the only choice you have is a vote.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
Well as stated in a prior post I have emailed all the candidates on this topic this morning, it is of no surprise to me this was my first reply. I'm not going to comment on this, I'm sharing..that is all

Dear Mountain adventurer,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding gun control.

Liberals are committed to creating fewer victims of gun violence and we believe in balanced gun control that prioritizes public safety while ensuring that law-abiding firearms owners like yourself do not face undue treatment under the law. We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

Liberals will not bring back a gun registry, but recognize that we do need smart and well-crafted gun control legislation. Liberals do support measures that streamline licencing paperwork, tighten safety training requirements, and make it harder for people convicted of domestic offences to obtain a gun.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective on this issue. It is through consultation with Canadians like you that the Liberal Party of Canada can continue to develop policies that reflect the priorities of Canadians. To check out the policy commitments we've made so far and to share your ideas, please visit us at RealChange.ca.

Kind regards,

Dear LPC Canada... Since you recognize the need for 'smart' gun control measures, does that include OPEN CARRY for those of us who like to enjoy the outdoors?

Or since we cannot afford ARMED GUARDS like you, will you approve Open Carry?

Yep... that's what I thought
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 PM

The scum won't bring back a registry, that l believe. They will just ban and confiscate your guns.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:48 PM

It astonishes me that anyone on a hunting forum would vote Liberal or NDP.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
What dreamland do you live in ??? If you are that naive, please do not vote! It has to do with complete disarment, period.
Well theres been actual research done on the subject and thats what they have found. Background checks have reduced gun related homicide and suicides. I haven't seen any data that says a gun registry prevents deaths. If the liberals try to take the guns from Canadians they might as well not run the next election. As much as I'm sure some in the party may want it, it's not what the majority of Canadians want. So if they try banning them or a registry its an easy Conservative majority next election again.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
It astonishes me that anyone on a hunting forum would vote Liberal or NDP.
If the conservatives took a stance on firearms like the libs and ndp, and the leftys were pro firearms, would you vote lib or ndp? Curious is all. Totally hypothetical.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
I blame Harper for his reliance on China needing our Oil to keep the economy going
Quote:
Why is there such a push on for the Northern Gateway project
Huh? Canada's economy relies on selling China oil without a pipeline to do so? How does it get there, carried by unicorns?

Quote:
handguns are used for killing people and not solely for hunting
Hands up, everyone (anyone?) who uses a handgun for hunting in Canada.