Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 12:12 PM

Some people are incredibly naïve.

Some gun enthusiasts are incredibly "not smart" if they even consider for a fraction of a second that the liberals or the NDP aren't anti-gun.

Some people.......SMH!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.

The problem with your opinion or debating skills is that you don't have any facts to carry on with an intelligent discussion. Your rantings have no legitimate basis. Especially so in the legal relm.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
That is beyond outrageous in so many ways. So basically what you are saying is that if a law abiding citizen who is squeaky clean like me, happens to know someone that is a little shady that it automatically makes me just like them simply by association? What if it isn't someone you happen to know and that someone is a family member who went down the wrong path? Should that citizen be prevented from owning firearms because they have a sleveen in the family?

I think I'll side with AO's resident firearms expert cat as opposed to someone who in my opinion does nothing on here but stir the pot.
You said it yourself, you can obtain a black-market firearm with ease and your supposed to be the almighty solder protecting us Canadians. I've seen you stir the pot on more subjects in this forum than most so your really not gaining any hype for your self there airborne.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
You said it yourself, you can obtain a black-market firearm with ease and your supposed to be the almighty solder protecting us Canadians. I've seen you stir the pot on more subjects in this forum than most so your really not gaining any hype for your self there airborne.
ooooh boy

IBTL
Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Oh boy oh boy
foot in mouth disease
So now guilt by knowledge is a criminal offense?
We will need alot more prisons.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You are exactly the type of person they are hoping to recruit to vote for them....
I suspect that the common current term 'shill' is appropriate,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

The Bolsheviks understood how to deceive common people and gain their support for programs that would later be used to betray, murder and enslave entire populations.
The polite term is 'fellow traveler',
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellow_traveller
but in private they were more forthright and called these persons "useful idiots".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

I hope that MA is well meaning, and does not realize that his good intent will be used to facilitate great harm and ultimately great evil. His uninformed (aka ignorant) intent and willingness to accept, advocate AND IMPOSE just a little bit of reasonable compromise, greases the 'slippery slope' of incremental theft of personal rights and protections.
The link that ARG posted
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=149029
is an excellent well researched and documented essay regarding the British incremental slide into complete prohibition, confiscation and loss of personal rights. It is a very worthwhile read for all, and a great explanation of the need for the ‘no compromise’ position of the NFA and CSSA. I very much hope that MA will read it completely, and the other essay which I posted,
http://openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi...=law_lawreview
and report back to us on whether he still thinks that the LPC (and NDP) intent is wise or will lead to good results.

“The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.”
Old 08-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I haven't stirred much and I certainly don't post nonsense and outrageous opinions void of fact, reason and common sense. Not sure what my military career has to do with this in any way. Big deal, I know a couple of shady dudes, it's not like they're over at the house on Saturday night watching hockey with my family or even know where I live for that matter. We're not friends!!!!!

While we're at it, post up some of my stirrings. Not debates using actual information, but post up where you claim I've stirred the pot in the fashion you are doing now. Better yet, just stop posting altogether, you're climbing a greasy rope here and pretty much everyone is calling you out on your BS.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
What a foolish thing to say. Not that you had much but your credibility just dropped into the abyss.......
Old 08-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
What a foolish thing to say. Not that you had much but your credibility just dropped into the abyss.......
Yup
Old 08-25-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.
LOL. One doesn't even need to know where to find a Black-market firearm. All one has to do is walk down a back alley and ask.

Some people must live some really sheltered lives.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

Wow... Apply Occam's Razor for a moment folks?

What makes sense here? You're having the same old argument that law abiding gun owners shouldn't be subject to certain laws. With that I agree but...

It's the same argument over and over. Get rid of the fluff and look at the bottom line here. These people are thinking, they know that the law abiding don't cause issue with public safety - and they know the criminal element of society can get firearms. They know all this, but they don't care. While you're chasing your tail, they are planning.

The firearms act is written to be changed and modified at any time. There is nothing written in stone. NDP or Libs get into power and decide all handguns are bad - they change the law and you all become automatic criminals overnight. Nobody wants to be a criminal right?

Hasn't happened before? RCMP changed a few rifles to prohibited, what was the result.

Don't think they can go door to door confiscating? Give your head a shake. It happened in High River and Slave lake. What was the fallout?

Hurricane Kitrina hit New Orleans, door to door searches by armed personnel forcibly confiscating weapons.

You're trying to throw common sense at a nonsensical issue. What makes more sense here? They could care less that you are law abiding...
Old 08-25-2015, 12:42 PM

And I'll pitch in and say that over my life I've known a couple guys that were involved with and knew other guys that could get you anything you want for a price. Saying that it's not easy to get illegal things is just plain dumb. Makes me wonder how old and/or experienced in life some posters actually are.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
LOL. One doesn't even need to know where to find a Black-market firearm. All one has to do is walk down a back alley and ask.

I stood outside our alley... no one with a gun came by. What am I doing wrong?

Seriously, I'm not agreeing with MA's position, but I think MOST people (including me) have lived sheltered lives and don't know which alley to go down or which person to approach to buy an illegal gun. Do would-be criminals really just approach strangers they run into and ask if they have a gun for sale? Naw. And given that firearms are responsible for the minority of murders, I'd say there are a lot of criminals that aren't with it either.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
So as stated the liberal party of Canada will not bring back the gun registry even in a modified form as they have seen it is a failed policy and is to evasive to your rights to own firearms. By streamlining the way the process in which a person is able to obtain a firearm is a more sensible approach to building a structured firearm policy and a solid way to determin wether a person is stable enough to own them.

I'm not sure how much more clear it can get, mulcair wants to just out right come into your home and dig through your pockets to see what you have in there and if its not what he considers safe to the public even though you are, he will take it from you.

Streamlining the way people obtain firearms is a way to weed out the mentally unstable and other wise irresponsible person from obtaining firearms and in sense creates a better and more thural screening process and works to your benefit. As it stands now the RCMP call you and ask you a series of yes and no questions that of which anyone can easily lie about, the liberals are saying okay well proove the questions asked are accurate, perhaps a health record check from your physician. It is still evasive but no more than going through a life insurance process which most people have and certainly less evasive than shaking your home down and confiscating your firearms like the NDP's want to do.

Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face..
I agree. so no need to change gov't. The present gov't has been doing that and will continue to do so.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:

Your all making some really good points to my comments and I'm listening but I'm not saying I think I'm wrong. I may have not clarified my thoughts quite like I should have and did use some metaphor that was not quite clear but I did get the point I was trying to make across. I do agree it is one chasing his tail to closed eyes though and another point was made on how this system is making our common interest attack each other when we all have the same goal to stop a gun grabbing government while we can from taking a law biding citizens firearms. And I don't think the liberals are trying to take them from us but I do know the NDP's are.

The only thing Harper has on his leading edge for me is that one thing and that one thing only, our right to bare arms. He has failed hundreds of thousands other wise, that's my thoughts and I'm sticking to them as I'm not making my vote on one single factor that any party has to offer us Canadians I'm making my vote on every single thing that a party has to offer taking the good with the bad.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I stood outside our alley... no one with a gun came by. What am I doing wrong?

Seriously, I'm not agreeing with MA's position, but I think MOST people (including me) have lived sheltered lives and don't know which alley to go down or which person to approach to buy an illegal gun. Do would-be criminals really just approach strangers they run into and ask if they have a gun for sale? Naw. And given that firearms are responsible for the minority of murders, I'd say there are a lot of criminals that aren't with it either.
You need to go to those alleys that people really do not want to go to.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your all making some really good points to my comments and I'm listening but I'm not saying I think I'm wrong. I may have not clarified my thoughts quite like I should have and did use some metaphor that was not quite clear but I did get the point I was trying to make across. I do agree it is one chasing his tail to closed eyes though and another point was made on how this system is making our common interest attack each other when we all have the same goal to stop a gun grabbing government while we can from taking a law biding citizens firearms. And I don't think the liberals are trying to take them from us but I do know the NDP's are.

The only thing Harper has on his leading edge for me is that one thing and that one thing only, our right to bare arms. He has failed hundreds of thousands other wise, that's my thoughts and I'm sticking to them as I'm not making my vote on one single factor that any party has to offer us Canadians I'm making my vote on every single thing that a party has to offer taking the good with the bad.
You absolutely have the right to bare arms! I walk around in T shirts all the time and usually roll up long sleeved shirts to expose my forearms. As for the right to bear arms in Canada- it doesn't exist, never has and sadly never will.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
You need to go to those alleys that people really do not want to go to.
Agreed! And what you will find is a dude saying I don't know you from jack, how ever if I did then we may be able to talk a bit.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:

You explained your thoughts very well. Back peddling is a good campaign strategy

How has Harper failed hundreds of thousands of times?

Please explain "the right to bare arms" ?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
You absolutely have the right to bare arms! I walk around in T shirts all the time and usually roll up long sleeved shirts to expose my forearms. As for the right to bear arms in Canada- it doesn't exist, never has and sadly never will.
It's interesting how articulated you are but yet from your sheltered military life have absolutely no clue on how the real world works and you prove it with every correcting word you speak about.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
It's interesting how articulated you are but yet from your sheltered military life have absolutely no clue on how the real world works and you prove it with every correcting word you speak about.
Unbelievable statement. You just blew all your credibility in one single thread.

I doubt you can stop the bleeding now
Old 08-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Please explain how my life and career in the CAF has "sheltered me".

This should be awesome!
Old 08-25-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
And I don't think the liberals are trying to take them from us
Then you need to do a bit of research on the history of the Liberals.

"I came to Ottawa last year, with the firm belief that the only people in Canada who should have firearms are police officers and the military." - Alan Rock

"...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." - Lloyd Axeworthy

or the 2014 resolution to “reducing the number of firearms in Canada” by adopting Australian style gun control laws. Strangely this information is no longer available on the Liberal's web site, but fortunately it is available via the Wayback Machine

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Which Canada do you live in that has the right to bear arms?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Please explain how my life and career in the CAF has "sheltered me".

This should be awesome!
Don't think it needs to be explained as anyone who knows how it works would laugh at your comments like I do.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Don't think it needs to be explained as anyone who knows how it works would laugh at your comments like I do.
Yes you DO need to explain.
There is no hiding now.
You are extremely disrespectful
Old 08-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Banned

At some point, you folks are going to wake up and realize it's not about the guns - it's about the control...

I want my Canada back.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Old 08-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
No please, indulge me. I want you to explain to me and everyone else on here how my 20 years so far in the Army, having lived all over Canada, been all over the world, multiple overseas deployments, buying and selling houses every 3-5 years due to postings and having to balance all that with maintaining a marriage and raising 2 kids has sheltered me? I want to know how working with multiple foreign military's all over the globe, progressing through the rank structure, completing more courses and field deployments not only here but in the US, UK and Europe that I can count has sheltered me?? Please explain how doing things like teaching other soldiers military parachuting has sheltered me? I want to know how remaining on top of what's going on in the world has sheltered me.

Go on, don't just make a statement and then fail to elaborate.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:39 PM

Lol, someone is on mountain adventurer ignore list and doesn't know it... Lol