Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
At some point, you folks are going to wake up and realize it's not about the guns - it's about the control...

I want my Canada back.
Its about gun control. So that means its about guns no?
Its OUR Canada. Not just yours.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
At some point, you folks are going to wake up and realize it's not about the guns - it's about the control...

I want my Canada back.
agree
Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
Its about gun control. So that means its about guns no?
Its OUR Canada. Not just yours.
Elixr, do you really believe it's about the guns? Do you really believe you have a right to own firearms? You are given permission to own firearms.

People laugh when I say that the charter of rights has been ripped apart. You can't see past your firearms.

You're a law abiding citizen, the government and police know this. There are criminals that can obtain firearms from the local car boot. The government and police know this.

What makes more sense here? You're trying to make some sense out of a nonsensical issue. You're having the same old argument and losing freedoms in the process. Why is that?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:

I want my Canada back.
I'm all ears, how do you propose we get our Canada back?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Banned

I think people have the right to defend themselves and to own firearms. I also realize there are lots of people in and out of the government that are OK with taking that right away.

The US constitution doesn't give people the right to own guns. It recognizes it.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Elixr;2940170]Yes you DO need to explain.
There is no hiding now.
You are extremely disrespectful[/

respect is a two way street, what's there to respect or explain exactly. I have nothing more to say on this issue. The horse is mush here
Old 08-25-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I think people have the right to defend themselves and to own firearms. I also realize there are lots of people in and out of the government that are OK with taking that right away.

The US constitution doesn't give people the right to own guns. It recognizes it.
x2
Old 08-25-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Elixr, do you really believe it's about the guns? Do you really believe you have a right to own firearms? You are given permission to own firearms.

People laugh when I say that the charter of rights has been ripped apart. You can't see past your firearms.

You're a law abiding citizen, the government and police know this. There are criminals that can obtain firearms from the local car boot. The government and police know this.

What makes more sense here? You're trying to make some sense out of a nonsensical issue. You're having the same old argument and losing freedoms in the process. Why is that?
Most of us here in Canada know its a priveledge not a right.
And the more Canadians and USA vote leftist party's equals less firearms rights and priveledges. It really is that simple. Know your politics is the key to our future!!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
I'm all ears, how do you propose we get our Canada back?

ARG
I'm all ears too. Canadians are complacent, it won't change. Natives rise up, Canada collectively tells them to shut up.

There was a time when we didn't scare so easy, but a scared populace will give it all up for the sake of zero guarantee of safety.

All we need do is look south for proof of that.

I find it funny.

Firearms CAN be used for personal protection, yet there are those that want to take them away. Why. Why don't people want you to have firearms? 30 years ago I walked down the street in my home town with a rifle and shotgun. Try that now and it's game on with the police.

What the heck happened?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=Mountain Adventurer;2940194]
Quote:
Yes you DO need to explain.
There is no hiding now.
You are extremely disrespectful[/

respect is a two way street, what's there to respect or explain exactly. I have nothing more to say on this issue. The horse is mush here
Throwing in the towel eh ?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

Let your PAL lapse then come back and tell us it's a right. If if were a right, you wouldn't need a license Rug.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Most of us know here in Canada know its a priveledge not a right.
And the more Canadians and USA vote leftist party's equals less firearms rights and priveledges. It really is that simple. Know your politics is the key to our future!!!!
Really, so why does the firearms act still exist? Why do you still need a PAL?

Cause removing those would be committing political suicide. Not going to happen on Harpers watch. You haven't been given any rights back.

As it happens, more were taken away.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Really, so why does the firearms act still exist? Why do you still need a PAL?

Cause removing those would be committing political suicide. Not going to happen on Harpers watch. You haven't been given any rights back.

As it happens, more were taken away.
Did you actually read each word in succession that I wrote?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did you actually read each word in succession that I wrote?
Yes I did Elixr, and like I say, apply occam's razor. When nothing else makes sense.

How many rights and freedoms have gone away in the name of terror. How much privacy have we lost in the name of terror.

Are we any safer? Can our governments guarantee ones personal safety? No.

This isn't about guns. That wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of things.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Yes I did Elixr, and like I say, apply occam's razor. When nothing else makes sense.

How many rights and freedoms have gone away in the name of terror. How much privacy have we lost in the name of terror.

Are we any safer? Can our governments guarantee ones personal safety? No.

This isn't about guns. That wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of things.
You are making up arguements within yourself now.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are making up arguements within yourself now.
When they come looking for your guns...

I suspect Harper won't be in power much longer to protect you.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let your PAL lapse then come back and tell us it's a right. If if were a right, you wouldn't need a license Rug.
You can argue the semantics/logistics/politics/legalese of it all day long Silver. It's a right that has been suspended/taken away by people that have been given that power by other people that don't know any better.

There are lots of rights that people have forfeited for them by the majority.

The right to free speech is not absolute, property rights are not absolute, etc etc etc. All part of living in a "liberal democracy".
Old 08-25-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.
Hey, you asked my opinion and no I could care less if you gave z different point of view until you start flouting crap lid I shouldn't be allowed to own guns even though you don't have a clue of who I am or what I do ,
And no, I am not lying in the floor kicking and screaming , but simply responding to your post that invited my opinion of you .
So yeah, I stand by what I said about you bring s troll and An anti gun radical
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
Then you need to do a bit of research on the history of the Liberals.

"I came to Ottawa last year, with the firm belief that the only people in Canada who should have firearms are police officers and the military." - Alan Rock

"...disarming the Canadian public is part of the new humanitarian social agenda." - Lloyd Axeworthy

or the 2014 resolution to “reducing the number of firearms in Canada” by adopting Australian style gun control laws. Strangely this information is no longer available on the Liberal's web site, but fortunately it is available via the Wayback Machine

ARG
Some will suggest that the resolution 151. Fewer Guns, Less Violence
"BE IT RESOLVED that the primary objective of a Liberal government firearms policy shall be reducing the number of firearms in Canada through initiatives inspired by the Australian model".
is not featured in the official election platform, but I am very confident that it will be LPC policy as soon as they are in any position to implement it.

Senate Bill S-231, which has been introduced and passed 1st (& 2nd?) reading (has died on the order paper, but will be reintroduced in the next parliament) clearly demonstrates the intent of the party.
https://openparliament.ca/bills/41-2/S-231/

http://eurekablog.ca/en/articles/pol...onal-shooting/

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...8043166&File=4

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/..._control_bill/

God save us from useful idiots and knowing liars.

Last edited by qwert; 08-25-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can argue the semantics/logistics/politics/legalese of it all day long Silver. It's a right that has been suspended/taken away by people that have been given that power by other people that don't know any better.
You have a way with words. Bang on. Big thumbs up.

And rights that have been taken are never given back.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:

I suspect you are not actually comprehending what is being posted by members.
You are on some kind of "witch hunt" and fear the facts.

Which party are you supporting?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Hey, you asked my opinion and no I could care less if you gave z different point of view until you start flouting crap lid I shouldn't be allowed to own guns even though you don't have a clue of who I am or what I do ,
And no, I am not lying in the floor kicking and screaming , but simply responding to your post that invited my opinion of you .
So yeah, I stand by what I said about you bring s troll and An anti gun radical
Cat
You see the thing is though in my offerings of you sharing your opinion on me you stated that I'm an anti hunter and anti gun radical so to retort you have absolutely no clue who I am either. For all you know I could have run the under ground black market on firearms for several years, which I did not but could have for all you know.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Why the same old argument?/ Cause we still have the same old problem. it isn't going away because some people decide to shut up and sit down.

If you have a better idea, then spit it out.

And don't drag the Indian thing into this again. How is any of that nonsense working for them after 400 years?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.
I can deal with your opinions fine...you should just know that THIS opinion of yours is hilarious, and incredibly naïve.

I am one of the most law abiding people going. The odd speeding ticket and that's it. I worked with a guy in the past who is now on the straight and narrow, but as a KID he was charged with selling hand guns. He said he could get you just about any gun you wanted within 24 hours. I'm sure if you asked for a Wilson, such and such model it would be trickier...but ask for a Glock 9mm and he said it was no problem. He was 15 years old. And I know for a fact he wasn't bs'ing.
Gone Hunting

Quote:
You see the thing is though in my offerings of you sharing your opinion on me you stated that I'm an anti hunter and anti gun radical so to retort you have absolutely no clue who I am either. For all you know I could have run the under ground black market on firearms for several years, which I did not but could have for all you know.
Curioser and curioser.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand

Quote:

Polls are up today.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/major...poll-1.2531791
Old 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Why the same old argument?/ Cause we still have the same old problem. it isn't going away because some people decide to shut up and sit down.

If you have a better idea, then spit it out.

And don't drag the Indian thing into this again. How is any of that nonsense working for them after 400 years?
Time for Canadians to make some noise Red, collectively.

Polls? After the last 2 alberta elections, do people really have faith in polls?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Time for Canadians to make some noise Red, collectively.

Polls? After the last 2 alberta elections, do people really have faith in polls?
And just how are you planning to get 45 million people to band together?
Old 08-25-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
My opinion hasn't changed , just by reading your posts here anybody can clearly see your agenda and attitude.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
And just how are you planning to get 45 million people to band together?
Well that is the big question, isn't it? The NFA tried to get 200,000 signatures on each of two petitions and couldn't, they got about 30,000 on each. Do you have any suggestions?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.