Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
And you too bud, your trolling with the best of them. I don't even think you own a firearm or hunt.
What?

You're lost and losing.

Over and out
Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
What?

You're lost and losing.

Over and out
You just banged your own gong, I've won and am still winning or else I'd be banned.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM

Troll wars? Lol
Old 08-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

I was cringing when moose posted, there would be no winning..My intensions were good, better to stand then walk away and then see who is left at the end
Old 08-25-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You are exactly the type of person they are hoping to recruit to vote for them....
THIS ^^^^^^
Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
THIS ^^^^^^
Until the libs can post their true intensions on wether or not they're going to pull the Australian special on us my vote is at a stand still as this is way beyond what anyone else's intensions are. I don't like deception
Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM

Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You need a job. You talk too much and find trouble online.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:24 PM

If you can't find a gun just ask your dealer.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:33 PM

Default You know what

Quote:
It looks like this thread just got back on track here, I do have a real real good explanation for you but it sounds like it's getting you all bothered that I don't answer you grandpa
I don't hunt any more. Just lost my will on that front some years ago. But I do (very legally) own firearms, mostly just run of the mill junk, but one that is designated "dangerous" on most counts. I trust Shiny Pony and his band of Liberanos ..... NOT. They have a proven historic devoted attention to disarming me and everyone else that doesn't subscribe to their wimpy urbanite appeasement social engineering views towards criminals and terrorists, and their disassembly of our military capabilities. And their rhetoric is such an artificial shield against their true intentions. If you, or anyone else, really believes otherwise, you just are not paying attention to any semblance of reality.

I'm assuming that you think "grandpa" is some sort of valid insult related to what, in your narrow-minded milieu, are "outdated" views. I am old enough to be one, but not. These views are those of the people with the experience, not just of Liberano BS, but otherwise, to educate you "Sonny" in the real world. I don't expect any respect for them from someone who clearly lives in the world of rainbows and unicorns imagined by JT.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Thank you.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Thank you.
X2!
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 08:44 PM

Back to the topic at hand:
If you want to see what the liberal's "evidence based" gun control scheme looks like, here it is:

http://eurekablog.ca/en/articles/pol...onal-shooting/
Old 08-25-2015, 09:49 PM

"Bill S-231 repeals the privilege of those with a possession and acquisition licence to keep at their dwelling-house any centre-fire calibre semiautomatic rifles. However, Bill S-231 does not prohibit the right to use such rifles. Those who are passionate about handling these rifles and would like to continue pursuing their passion can do so at shooting ranges where these rifles are stored and where courses are generally taught."
People should read this part and then read it AGAIN!

Bill S-231 is bold and progressive. Through this bill, I intend to accomplish the following:

"overhaul the current firearms program by prohibiting all firearms in Canada except hunting firearms, firearms used at shooting clubs, and collectors' firearms, which receive special treatment;
redefine two of the three existing classes of firearms by making only hunting firearms legal and localizing the prohibition of restricted firearms;
limit the transport of circumscribed firearms to transporters — which have no interest other than providing secure transportation — thus controlling the movement of firearms in Canada;
replace the registration certificate with an inscription certificate. You can appreciate that the terms "registration" and "registered" have been used so often that we simply thought that using the term "inscription" would eliminate some anxiety. I think that using the term inscription does not evoke feelings of fear;."
This is scary stuff.
"Redefine" is exactly what our friends who own CZ , Robinson Arms, and other such guns are afraid of, and I am SURE it will happen - these certain guns will become prohibited.

This is only a snap shot of this POS bill that someone here was touting as a good liberal bill!
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM

I don't think he was promoting it as a good bill.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-25-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
I don't think he was promoting it as a good bill.
"Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face."

This was a quote from one of his posts, so yes I think he was promoting the bill and the Liberal's firearms policies.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
"Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face."

This was one of his posts, so yes Ii think he was promoting the bill and the Liberal's firearms policies.
Cat
I really don't like it when ethics and morality are legislated, in any aspect of private life which is what that Senate bill is attempting to do in terms of what is acceptable for hunting and what isn't.

I do personally think there should be some forms of gun control in place, even in the wild west many towns required guns to be checked in with the sheriff while in town.

What we have currently goes too far in some respects and not far enough in others with the only acceptable criteria being the safe storage aspects.

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-25-2015, 10:26 PM

Licence the owner, not the gun!
I have no issues with this.
I have no issues with safe storage, but too many get it mixed up with " secure or anti theft storage" which it was never meant to be.
Leaving guns and ammo open , unattended where children are about is generally not a good idea.

Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 10:26 PM

Just a thought. If the restricted guns become prohibited would the owners be grandfathered in with the prohibited designation on their pal?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Cat
I agree 100% with this.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Just a thought. If the restricted guns become prohibited would the owners be grandfathered in with the prohibited designation on their pal?
The problem with many prohibited weapons is that you can own them, you just can't shoot them!
the FN/FAL comes to mind.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I have no issues with safe storage, but too many get it mixed up with " secure or anti theft storage" which it was never meant to be.
Leaving guns and ammo open , unattended where children are about is generally not a good idea.

Cat
I like how you think.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The problem with many prohibited weapons is that you can own them, you just can't shoot them!
the FN/FAL comes to mind.
Cat
Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I like how you think.
Thanks, you and I are not alone in this mindset, but many do not agree with it. I would like to think the sensible people of the World all agree about this issue but we both know that isn't the way the World works
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks, you and I are not alone in this mindset, but many do not agree with it. I would like to think the sensible people of the World all agree about this issue but we both know that isn't the way the World works
Cat

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Old 08-26-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
What we have currently goes too far in some respects and not far enough in others with the only acceptable criteria being the safe storage aspects.
I would be curious to know what areas of our current laws don't go far enough. I can't think of any.

Quote:
On the one hand, minimum requirements for storage of a non-restricted, remove the bolt; you could leave the rifle on the coffee table and put the bolt beside it and that would meet the letter of the law. On the other hand, restricted firearms must be stored in a "container [...] that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into". It is hard to reconcile those positions.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post

On the one hand, minimum requirements for storage of a non-restricted, remove the bolt; you could leave the rifle on the coffee table and put the bolt beside it and that would meet the letter of the law. On the other hand, restricted firearms must be stored in a "container [...] that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into". It is hard to reconcile those positions.

ARG
The problem with the safe storage letter of the law is that a if there is ammo near, a kid could possibly figure out how to put the bolt in and load the gun( it has happened, and a fatality resulted!)
I saw the documents that were done on a research paper for safe storage and handling - Manitoba IIRC is where it happened.
Cat
Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Harper's just as corrupt. So does that mean we should vote NDP who are even MORE corrupt? Justin is at least change. With the way things are going right now I blame Harper for his reliance on China needing our Oil to keep the economy going.

And Evidence based Gun Control is a good thing. It means there going to use actual research to see what policies actually reduce gun related crime.
Mr. Raab,
Your post is an example of someone expressing himself based upon deep knowledge and intimate understanding of the subject you are writing about!
So refreshing to meet someone with undoubtedly a doctorate degree from the fabled university of Flintstone. May I assume either Barney Rubble or the fabled professor Flintstone himself were your mentors?
Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Cat
X2
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM

I don't like this part or much of anything about this bill cooked up by a housewife.

Definition 1

A hunting firearm is defined as any firearm with a smoothbore or striated barrel that is more than 470 mm long, in other words a shotgun or rifle. Semi-automatic weapons are not included in the definition of hunting firearm, with the exception of 22 caliber rim-fire semi-automatic rifles.

Winchester 100, Remington 742 and Browning BARS just to mention a few will be banned?