Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-29-2016, 08:43 PM

Right on - best of luck and please let us know when you hear back from them.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Well, I didn't get the job.
But on a positive note, they did say it was one of the best interviews they have had the pleasure of giving. They loved my expertise and the way I had presented myself, but felt I was just not the right fit for the job as I was lacking in expertise in one area. They also said it was very tough to say no to me as for how the interview went, they had never rejected anyone with such a positive interview. They are keeping my name for future employment opportunities, which is a good thing I guess.
Guess I keep plugging away till another opportunity arises. It's too bad as it was a dream job that will be tough to find another like it.

Cheers....
Did you ask what skills they felt you lacked? The interview process is a two way street. Take everything you can from the experience to help for future presentations.

I was originally turned down following a couple of interviews, but a month later, after their target prospect fell through, they called to make an offer which I accepted. That job took me to Vancouver for some of my most enjoyable years.

Jobs are often stepping stones in a career.