Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2024, 06:41 AM

Default Good news for Canadian Veterans/Survivors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vet...ment-1.7130245

Kudos for the representatives that noted this "Accounting Error" by VAC (Veterans Affairs Canada) for many years, and initiated this lawsuit against the government.

Our Veterans have been ignored for far too many years...
Old 04-14-2024, 06:57 AM

"Almost 8 years" what a coincidence.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:10 AM

“More than 272,000 veterans were short-changed on pension and disability payments for almost eight years“

When things like this happen I always wonder why it wasn’t an overpayment.

Give them their money right now.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:16 AM

How many of those veterans have died and had their estates closed during the time frame since 2002, my Dad being one of those that passed away in 2012, so 10 years of this benefit shortage ends up where ??? and one of them being my FIL.
The Turd telling veterans that there is simply no more money for them, while he sends it to some S-hole of a country for equality and women's rights.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:23 AM

This government is rotten to the core. Any leader with a set would have punted Veteran Affairs Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor without delay.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:37 AM

Veterans have always been treated as a disposable commodity, one has to wonder why they bother ?

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-14-2024, 02:36 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Veterans have always been treated as a disposable commodity, one has to wonder why they bother ?

We have and will continue as some choose this lifestyle because we believe in our country and its citizens.

Some may say why but I say look around.

I know this country is far from perfect but she ain’t all that bad too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-14-2024, 03:01 PM

Thanks for posting this Phil. My mother is 97 and still collecting the benefits from my fathers military pension and his disability pension. He was in WW2 and stayed in after, retiring in 1974. I had never heard of or knew about this screw up by VAC. I am going to call them on her behalf, my guess is they owe her a lot of money.

My Dad left my mother very well taken care of so the short change didn't affect her lifestyle. Too old now to really enjoy it, but the idea of them covering it up for so long really ****es me off. Wonder how many veterans suffered as a result of being short changed for years by a, care less than not at all, bureaucracy.
Old 04-14-2024, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Thanks for posting this Phil. My mother is 97 and still collecting the benefits from my fathers military pension and his disability pension. He was in WW2 and stayed in after, retiring in 1974. I had never heard of or knew about this screw up by VAC. I am going to call them on her behalf, my guess is they owe her a lot of money.

My Dad left my mother very well taken care of so the short change didn't affect her lifestyle. Too old now to really enjoy it, but the idea of them covering it up for so long really ****es me off. Wonder how many veterans suffered as a result of being short changed for years by a, care less than not at all, bureaucracy.

This all day long.

VA is far from perfect ya just gotta do a lot of digging in many cases and then sit back and see what comes of it.

Frustrating is a nice word but stay the course and it will all play out over time .

Old 04-14-2024, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
This all day long.

VA is far from perfect ya just gotta do a lot of digging in many cases and then sit back and see what comes of it.

Frustrating is a nice word but stay the course and it will all play out over time .

Please do not use what I posted and then use it to make it look like VAC isn't so bad. I have been dealing with them on my mother's behalf for 25 years, and they are universally unhelpful, lazy azzholes from end to end. I have never talked or dealt with anyone that actually tried to help.

You keep posting things about, this that and the other isn't so bad, there are worse places. Yes there are worse places but Canada has gone from 1st to a really long ways down the list. I do not want to live in a country that runs like South Africa, even though there are worse places yet than that.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:48 PM

Quote:
We have and will continue as some choose this lifestyle because we believe in our country and its citizens.

Some may say why but I say look around.

I know this country is far from perfect but she ain’t all that bad too.

I spent 25 years believing this to be true but I look around now and we have deteriorated so far that there isn't much left to be willing to die for.

The country is not beyond hope but it will take a lot of work and a return to old trusted and true values before I will advocate anyone enlisting now.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 04-14-2024, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Please do not use what I posted and then use it to make it look like VAC isn't so bad. I have been dealing with them on my mother's behalf for 25 years, and they are universally unhelpful, lazy azzholes from end to end. I have never talked or dealt with anyone that actually tried to help.

You keep posting things about, this that and the other isn't so bad, there are worse places. Yes there are worse places but Canada has gone from 1st to a really long
ways down the list. I do not want to live in a country that
runs like South Africa, even though there are worse
places yet than that.
How true, he goes on and on about how things are so much better than some of the third world crapholes, yet he fails to compare Canada today, to Canada even ten years ago. It's disgusting how far Canada has fallen, and no, it won't be wonderful again in a few years, it will take decades to even partly recover from what has happened in the past 10 years.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:23 PM

Veteran’s Affairs has been tossed up mess since right after WW2.
My dad tried on numerous occasions to get anything other than lip service from the Veteran's Affairs Mafia, finally in his 80’s he got hearing aids from them……….. it took him getting an advocacy group pushing the issue on his behalf, and that’s after my brother and I pushed dad to make contact with the group(he was so fed up)

I’m certain this latest overture is just a whole lot of pandering to sway votes, and in the end will be nothing but a pittance.

There are no absolutes
Old 04-14-2024, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
How true, he goes on and on about how things are so much better than some of the third world crapholes, yet he fails to compare Canada today, to Canada even ten years ago. It's disgusting how far Canada has fallen, and no, it won't be wonderful again in a few years, it will take decades to even partly recover from what has happened in the past 10 years.
I lost a lot of uncles and close friends of theirs to WW2, the Korean war, and "police actions" in many sh$tholes of the world. They gave their lives or health to give me and the rest that came after them the GREAT country we were born into. In my case that was in 1956, and I happily grew up in the country they gifted us. Even the years I spent when I was young, growing up in France, were made immeasurably better by their sacrifices. As screwed up as it currently is, just think what Europe would be like if the Nazis had won.

It would be very easy to just move and let this place keep sliding. I choose to stay and fight to get our Canada back. Anyone who fails to appreciate what we had, and who doesn't want to fight to get it back gets zero respect from me. Those azzhats that are prepared to accept what Canada has become get less than zero respect, rhey are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut, and that is the most polite way I can word it.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I lost a lot of uncles and close friends of theirs to WW2, the Korean war, and "police actions" in many sh$tholes of the world. They gave their lives or health to give me and the rest that came after them the GREAT country we were born into. In my case that was in 1956, and I happily grew up in the country they gifted us. Even the years I spent when I was young, growing up in France, were made immeasurably better by their sacrifices. As screwed up as it currently is, just think what Europe would be like if the Nazis had won.
It would be very easy to just move and let this place keep sliding. I choose to stay and fight to get our Canada
back. Anyone who fails to appreciate what we had, and who doesn't want to fight to get it back gets zero respect from me. Those azzhats that are prepared to accept what Canada has become get less than zero respect, rhey are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut, and
that is the most polite way I can word it.
Well said, the people that are content to just sit back and wait for things to change for the better, are the reason that they keep changing for the worse.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
My family had a strong military history and my generation was told not to follow in their footsteps.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:08 PM

Unhappy As my father, Chief Petty Officer said...

Never inpute planning will predict the phenomena equally well!

You have to work for them to see how easy this kind of thing happens.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

I bet at any given time any country can be compared to itself in which their tax paying citizens have a say as to what was better or worse.

Some dwell on negativity to the point it is their cancer.

Some not so.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:46 PM

Well I got a lot of skin in this game trust me.
Can go on and write many a page on serving this country and what toll it has taken.
Physically, mentally etc.
Stay the course and engage with a positive frame of mind even when hard to and it will be.
To anyone reading this dont let this crap be a hinderance to enlist and serve your country if that’s your calling.
Trust me we had a blast just a little banged up after the fact.

Old 04-14-2024, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I bet at any given time any country can be compared to itself in which their tax paying citizens have a say as to what was better or worse.

Some dwell on negativity to the point it is their cancer.

Some not so.
What percent of Canadians do you know that have lived in Canada for over 40 years, think that Canada is better than it was at any point in the past 40 years? How many think that Trudeau is the best PM ever? Do you ever look at political polls?

How many countries earned their independence through positive thinking? How many dictators were removed from power by positive thinking? How many wars were won through positive thinking? Those things occur, when people have had enough, and decide to
resist oppression.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
How many of those veterans have died and had their estates closed during the time frame since 2002, my Dad being one of those that passed away in 2012, so 10 years of this benefit shortage ends up where ??? and one of them being my FIL.
The Turd telling veterans that there is simply no more money for them, while he sends it to some S-hole of a country for equality and women's rights.
2 x

This must be the only outfit that does not have a union .
Can you imagine how fast things would get fixed if they would go on strike .
Old 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote from Huntinstuff for the Wokey do nothing limp wrists which i thought nails whats happening to a once great country now spiralling into the dump...

Next Remembrance Day, just stay home and play with your Chinese made garbage. Dont even bother wearing a poppy because those who the poppy represents think you're a puss....and they're right.

The scum from elsewhere are here. No one stopped them. They took Canada without firing a round.

And they voted the Liberals in and will continue to do so. And you will lose, and your kids will lose and your grandkids will be slaves.