Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
The NSR will not look like your Avatar pic until the end of March, but you go ahead and do whatever you like.
There have been many times there is open water in Febuary and March on the N.S.R i remember 5 years ago March 13th i got a sunburn@ 13 degrees well fishing the outfall, think what you guys want, if there is open water and it is safe to do so i will fish it from shore anytime of he year if it's safe to do so, use common sense.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
I will stop posting here then, forget it, trust me i swear to god i am done here.
3 hours you were gone thought you were leaving , what a sad sad moment . Shawn we should go fishing some time .
Old 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Think about guys, do you really think nobody is fishing the NSR this time of year is because nobody was smart enough to have thought of it? It's because everybody is smart enough to stay away from it.

If you guys want to fly fish, try the Bow when the chinooks roll through Calgary. That river can be very productive throughout the winter and fished fairly safely as well. Leave Edmonton's city limits by 6am and you should be entering the water by 10ish. Concentrate on deep slow pools and the head of a pool in the chop where fast water meets slow water. Nymphing rigs with an indicator on a floating line or sink tips with a streamer work well.

Cheers,
Doc
Yeah and whos going to drive me 3 hours to calgary? Whos gunna pay for the fuel?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:09 PM

Good god kid, just go fish somewhere. Everybody has givin you good sound advice, either listen to it or don't.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggamehunter View Post
Yeah and whos going to drive me 3 hours to calgary? Whos gunna pay for the fuel?
At the top of the fishing discussion page there is a thread called looking for a fishing partner. Here is the link

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Let them go and take their chances. Why the hell do you all care what they do. If they go and get killed, its their problem not yours. I certainly wouldn't endorse going for it, as I've played on that ice at breakup, and even rode icebergs down the river. If they choose to try and fish the river so be it. Worry about yourselves people, its up to them if they want to try and win a darwin...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
Let them go and take their chances. Why the hell do you all care what they do. If they go and get killed, its their problem not yours. I certainly wouldn't endorse going for it, as I've played on that ice at breakup, and even rode icebergs down the river. If they choose to try and fish the river so be it. Worry about yourselves people, its up to them if they want to try and win a darwin...
Normally I would agree without a second thought.... I don't think twice about people who kill themselves doing something stupid, as long as they don't hurt anyone else. But when I think about the tax money wasted and public servants who would put their lives on the line to rescue someone who thought it was a good idea to do something dumb, it miffs me a bit.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Banned

Cool

im not the church going kind but if we all read cain and able once in a while it mite be a better world to live in.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 PM

try on the north side of the river at the quesnell stormwater drain. It is open and a deep hole. You can fish right off the culvert safely. Park on laurier drive and hike down the stairs. You can assess the bank, drain etc. from the bridge walking path.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Thunder View Post
But when I think about the tax money wasted and public servants who would put their lives on the line to rescue someone who thought it was a good idea to do something dumb, it miffs me a bit.
Yeah, this is very true...