Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-21-2019, 01:01 PM

Default Rimfire Thought??

With all the new rimfire's out the last 10 ish years or so........... In your opinion including price point's. Doe's Anschutz need to up their game or lower their price????? This should be a good civil discussion.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 04-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Interesting question to be sure. If their mission is to increase sales then a price reduction may be in order. But you know, quality is quality. I mean this as no offence to anyone, but I have had a few Savages that rivaled all of the many Coopers I had for straight accuracy. However, I had zero pride of ownership, so they went down the road.

Lots of good 22s out there for sure, but Anschutz is still Anschutz.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:28 PM

I used to really want an Anschutz, but if I had to buy one right now, I think I'd have a tough time getting one. Would likely lean towards the CZ 457 Varmint At-One:

I can't find the article, but they reviewed a 457 to a $2k+ Anschutz (can't remember the model, just the price) and while the Anschutz was the nice, more accurate gun, the reviewer didn't feel it was justified by the price. They were shooting at aspirin, they got 10/10 with the Anschutz and 9/10 with the 457. For the miss, he wasn't sure if it was the rifle or him.

I've read the T1x is pretty accurate, I'm just not sold on the looks.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Casual use lots of guns fit the bill, you want to seriously compete and don't have an Anschutz or something in that price class, you are pushing on a rope.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:17 PM
Banned

Three years I had cause to contact Anschutz USA about some accuracy and got as high as the U.S. Vice President (a very friendly knowledgeable guy BTW).
Talked about a number of things including sales.
They sell all they can make. Their competition rimfire and pellet are THE guns to have in international competition (along with FWB).
Just as Porsche isn’t concerned with price matching a Chevy...Anschutz isn’t worried about CZ. They build for a customer who wants the best and something that may turn into a family heirloom.
And if you look at the sales of Anschutz, Porsche, Rolex and the such... lots of those people exist.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Just as Porsche isn’t concerned with price matching a Chevy...Anschutz isn’t worried about CZ.
Porsche 718: $56,900.00
Stingray: $56,995.00
Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 PM

Anschutz has priced their rifles right were they should be. People can say whatever they like about other rimfires.
The Anschutz 54 action is the gold standard the world over. Period.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Ummm, the last vette i looked at was 114,000 and there’s lots that cost more than that, no idea about a Porsche
Old 04-21-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Ummm, the last vette i looked at was 114,000 and there’s lots that cost more than that, no idea about a Porsche
A Porsche 718 (Boxster) is an entry level car. Kinda the equivalent of a V6 Camaro.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Porsche 911 GTS...$160,000.00
And a Corvette ain't no CZ.
Cool the way you stack up the low end against the high and somehow come to some (pick your adjective) conclusion.
Just 'cause you can't afford or justify the Anschutz doesn't mean the value isn't there.
Perhaps you'd be happy with used Cooey...pretty sure you can pick them up for sixty bucks.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Cool the way you stack up the low end against the high and somehow come to some (pick your adjective) conclusion.
Just 'cause you can't afford or justify the Anschutz doesn't mean the value isn't there.
Perhaps you'd be happy with used Cooey...pretty sure you can pick them up for sixty bucks.
It would be nice to have a Cooey in a way.

Last edited by Trochu; 04-22-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Dick. I do actually own a Anschutz 1522 with the 54 action. Also CZ Savage Marlin etc. The topic wasn't meant to draw the problem AO children out. Just a topic to discuss for info and fun. By the way I'll quote myself.....
"This should be a good civil discussion." Thanks for trying to do your normal disturbance's. Now back to thread.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff