Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Banned

Default Ribs bent from repeated heavy recoil ?

I have a question for those who shoot heavy recoil guns regularly and that have had chest X-rays done. I just finished my physical exam with flying colours but on my lung X-ray it showed my top two ribs on my shooting shoulder bent in wards or kind of down some what. Has anyone else who have had X-rays done and regularly shoot heavy recoil guns noticed this ? I can't really explain what else would cause this ? I've never broken any bones or had any shoulder pain except for when I shoot a lot and even then so the pain is mangable and only lasts briefly. Maybe it's just my normal structure but if anyone else has noticed similar issues I'd like to hear about it. Thanks
Old 04-28-2016, 04:05 PM

What exactly do you shoot regularly and where?? I could come out and watch you shoot, and see what would cause this.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Banned

I regularly shoot 12 guage slugs from a ksg and 45-70 bear load from a marlin. Your more than welcome to join in if you wish just pm me, I have my own shooting range. I heard of some gopher desease this year but must not be from my honey hole because there are plenty. Mostly blondes and haven't seen any with a squirrel like pattern yet. I'm considering changing arms to see if I can equal out my off balance
Old 04-28-2016, 06:38 PM

Who told you your ribs were bent? And are you shooting those gophers with 12g slugs or are you using the 45?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:09 PM

Maybe you're just twisted?
Old 04-28-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Maybe you're just twisted?
Hey now, no need to be name calling....TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Banned

Ha ! They actually showed me the xray at the office. I am a little twisted at the moment I've been using both 12 and 45 consistently and repetitively. I think it's the win super x 3 slugs. When they leave a bruse something can't be good the thing I'm not certain of though is why my collar bone wouldn't bust first. I'm thinking....