Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2023, 11:49 AM

Default Edmonton area free family boating fishing day

So...now that I am Retarded....damn spell check...ment Retired...well...both are relevant I guess...lol. I enjoy a lot of fishing solo. That's great an all...but I have been spinning the Idea of putting the 20' SeaRay to better use....after I get my prop fixed.... The idea is to treat a local family who enjoy fishing, up to 4 people total, or want to get into fishing, a day on the water at a few of the local lakes. Being a crusty ex Military dude, I would prefer to cater to the CAF family, First responders, as I know first hand what a S#*t Show that can can be, and maybe a day of relaxing could be just want is needed...but in the end even a young family who just needs a break, or A Parent or two who just want a chance to take the kids for a fun day, that maybe would not happen if $$$ are an issue.

Simple plan, We can chat, find a lake that is suitable for everyone depending on what is required, and I'll meet you there. I have lots of gear if that's needed, or bring your own if you want. Bring your own food, snacks, what ever, then jump in the boat and away we go. I'll provide the boat, gas, all that's involved in that regard and off we go for a day. Boat has LOTS of room for a cooler (Which I can also provide if needed) and has an inboard small toilet for the ladies. Pottie area is a bit small, but my wife and adult Children use it no problem. Also lots of room for backpacks or what ever to make yourself comfortable. I have lots of adult life jackets, so for small children you will have to provide your own, and I will also have to have some type of ID to verify who I am taking out on my boat which will be documented and shared with my on shore Associates...ya know...just incase. Last little caveat, It has to be during a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Dealing with the Chaos of the weekend over crowding is not something that I am capable of dealing with anymore.

I can probably do a few trips like this, so if you know anyone....or if this is you, PM me, and I'll sort stuff out and be in contact. When I figure I have had enough response I'll post in the title as such. Oh ya, you will have to ha e valid Fishing Licence for those that require them.

So there it is, now let's see how this goes....lol
Old 06-04-2023, 09:54 PM

Wow that so nice of you. Your way will be paved to heaven, others well lets say some will need a 4 x 4 Lol.
Good on you.

Tommy
Old 06-05-2023, 09:35 AM

Well Tommy, honesty, I have been dealing with some physical issues lately. Damn body is finally seeing the effects of wear and tear from years and years of abuse...lol....so I was just looking for boating buddies to help launch the boat, pull up anchor and stuff...lol. So I figure this is a win win....I get free deckhands and they get a day on the water...and maybe make some new friends along the way. Also, let's face it, being part of the excitement watching the kids pulling in their first fish..well....priceless!

Last edited by thorne; 06-05-2023 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:56 AM

sounds like an awesome idea. maybe if you get a few lined up let us know on here especially a military family, I bet a few of us could make your fishing gas bill a lot lighter

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-05-2023, 10:57 AM

Smile

Thanks Wayne, but it's all good in the Gas Bill dept...let's just say, Me and the good Ole Canadian Government have reached an "Amicable" settlement to compensate for my current physical deficiencies....lol
Old 06-05-2023, 11:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That’s where I am too, busted up but to bull headed to lay down so did what your offering too which is great.
Took a vet and his family out last wk end and they caught their first ever fish. Loads of pike and even a walleye too!!!
Their son was off the rails with excitement and so was dad.
Mom kept running around taking pictures and filming etc while I just sat back with my wife and had smiles from ear to ear.
What a great way to give back and enjoy a day out on the water, good on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-05-2023, 12:40 PM

Amen Brother...lol...life is to short to just lay down, and there are too many good people who just need a leg up every now and then...I've fought my battles.. but for the most part, life has been good. Now I've got nothing but time, so why the hell not enjoy it while making memories for others...

Like I said doesn't have to be Vets or currently serving CAF or first responders...if you are reading this and wondering...PM me...lots of summer left!
Old 06-05-2023, 07:11 PM

This is a fantastic idea, Thorne!

Of course, now you have inspired me to shop for a boat again, for reasons other than me just being selfish.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post

Of course, now you have inspired me to shop for a boat again, for reasons other than me just being selfish.
2X Stinky, and " yes dear " might even approve for reason mentioned above.

Tommy
Old 06-06-2023, 06:06 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post

Yup we went with a fishing pontoon boat, big enough for eight kinda like sitting in your living room
Easy access doors etc and three dedicated fishing stations so all can kick back watch, socialize, fish or do all at the same time.....

If I want my peace and quit I slip away in the kayak....

This thread just makes me smile

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-23-2023, 06:25 PM

Well....headed out today with an old Army buddy today st Calling Lake.....great day fishing, lots of beautiful Walleye, and hooked into the largest pike I have ever seen in AB....easy 20+lbs and well over 45 inches. On a med weight rod, 10lb braid.....I had no chance...tried for 30 mins...normal walleye net was not even an option...I have caught pike up to 25lb, 45 inches....this was above that. So after the 30 mins of trying...I just pulled...hoped for the best, and.....gone. Got my bait back....so I probably had him face hooked, and pulled it out....so at least he doesn't have any hardware stuck in his mouth..so I feel good about that...but Man....there are still those absolute Tanks out there, and it's was soooo awesome to just get a chance to see an animal that size and know they are there!

On another note....the free boat/fishing offer is lacking in participants....lol. So if you have a weekday off ....let know and we can put some fish on the deck!
Old 06-23-2023, 08:16 PM

Awesome offer right here fine Sir! It would sure be nice to see the smile when a youngster hooks on to the first one!!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King