Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Hey folks,

I'm an aspiring hunter looking to make some pals with similar interests. I spend a lot of time outdoors - camping, hiking, running, dual sport motorcycling, etc. I've completed my firearm safety course and am waiting on my PAL to come in. I'd like to do some shooting this summer and put some meat in the freezer this coming fall (four legged and flying). I love doing my own research, but there's nothing that matches picking the brain of an old timer, so here I am.

I'm 32 years old, own my own home in Edmonton. A quiet guy and not excitable. I like BBQ and a beer or two when work is done.

I'm not after any honey spots, but would love to talk shooting, WMUs, tags, gear, and general hunting related stuff.

I'm an open minded person and don't judge anyone on their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, orientation, age, genetic information, military service, or disability or anything remotely close to any of these.

Oh, did I mention that I make knives? Just saying

Regards,
Matt
Old 02-12-2015, 07:42 PM

That is a beautiful knife pal
Old 02-13-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemac1 View Post
That is a beautiful knife pal
Thanks Mike! That one was 5160 steel, redwood burl and carbon fiber pins made for a friend. One of these days I'll keep one for myself
Old 02-16-2015, 08:10 PM

Default March White Goose Hunting Partner

Hey,
I am looking for a Hunting Partner or group, especially for White Goose (from March 15)
I am mature person, pretty familiar with firearms, therefore responsible in term of safety.
I have all necessary licenses. I have hunting experience in past but in different part of World and under different condition. Now, I am here in Alberta, Canada and like to learn simple rules from first hand.
Thank you for consideration me as partner.

Last edited by Ysi; 02-16-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:47 AM

Default Looking for a Bow Hunting Partner / Mentor

Hey everyone. I am looking for a partner for bow hunting this upcoming season in and around the Calgary area. I have hunted rifle season for the past couple years and now trying out the bow. I have all the gear including a tree stand but would like to find someone to show me the ropes. I am 28 years old and a very responsible and respectful hunter.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:10 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysi View Post
Hey,
I am looking for a Hunting Partner or group, especially for White Goose (from March 15)
I am mature person, pretty familiar with firearms, therefore responsible in term of safety.
I have all necessary licenses. I have hunting experience in past but in different part of World and under different condition. Now, I am here in Alberta, Canada and like to learn simple rules from first hand.
Gotta love goose hunting just don't shoot the GOLDEN one! Pm me I'll go with ya! The reports say they are making there way up now,shouldn't be long and then BLAM,BLAM! a little franks red hot buffalo sauce and a cold brew!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:15 AM

Hey everyone , new to this page and thought I would try this out.
I am looking for a hunting partner , the past few I have had have been fairly unreliable and I am getting pretty sick of it.
For myself , I am 33 years old , living in south Calgary. I have hunting for a few years now and have had minor success. I have most gear , and always expanding . I rifle and bow hunt . I have a truck and do not mind using it.
I am looking for someone around same age , who is not a complete newbie and has had a bit of success. Not looking for their honey holes or that , I am completely willing to do some leg work and get some areas of access. I am looking for someone for birds coming up , and spring bear would be awesome. Deer and elk are of great interest come fall .
Would love to put together some camping trips with hunting in there and even some pack trips into places.
If anyone is interested please just shoot me a pm , maybe can meet up for a beer sometime soon to discuss things and go from there .
Old 02-20-2015, 08:50 PM

Hey, exoerienced bow hunter looking to get my first bear this year.never hunted bear before. Would love someone to hunt with if anyone is interested. Located in Canmore but willing to travel an hour or two. Anyway send me a pm if you would like some company. Cheers
Luke
Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 AM

Hey all!!

My buddy and I are in the Calgary area and looking to connect with some guys to do the spring goose hunt. Our spread Is pretty small, so we would be interested in pairing up. We have experience but are in our first 2 years duck and goose hunting.

I am in my early thirtys with a young family. Would love to make some connections for the spring hunt this year and into the fall. Will def. travel to the geese. We have some land permissions up in the oyen/esther area.

Pm or or post on here to let me know if your interested.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:22 PM

I am as well wanting to hook up with a couple of guys for the spring snow goose hunt. I have 300 silo socks and a couple doz full body decoys
Old 02-22-2015, 01:31 PM

Hello,

All I want is one snow goose to cook to see if we like eating them.

Wife won't let me hunt what we don't eat, thats why I can't have a bear carpet with head and claws like I always wanted as we don't eat bear:-)
Old 02-23-2015, 11:50 AM

Default Spring Goose Hunt

I am looking to go out for a spring goose hunt with someone willing to show a newbie the ropes and help me out. I have a year of duck hunting under my belt but am looking to get some geese as well.

I am mid 30's and a family man that enjoys the out doors and is in to process of training my dog to be a benefit on hunts as well. I live in Calgary and am willing to travel. I have a truck and am happy to use it.

I have a willingness to learn and put in the work for a good hunt. If you are interested drop me a message so we can chat and maybe get out and get some geese this spring.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Default Hunting White Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysi View Post
Hey,
Hi
We think the same way
My name is Juan, I have 42 years, I live NW Calgary and would love to meet you and hunt geese
I have all licenses
I have a truck and am happy to use it.
If you are interested drop me a message
Regards

Juan
Old 03-01-2015, 06:45 AM

I'm looking for someone in the Lakeland area that might be interested in teaming up for a spring bear hunt. I've never done one before but would love to get one with my bow! I have a few tree stands and game cameras we could use.. i don't have a quad or anything to get back into the bush though so it'd be nice if you had one. I work Monday to Friday and have weekends off. I'd also pitch in on the cost of bait and fuel. Pm me if interested!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:07 AM

Default Coyote hunting

Hey I'm looking for someone to go shoot some coyotes I live in calgary sw . I have a truck not afraid to use it . Have all licences and pal and my own guns and calls . Amongst other gear . I'm 32 and a father I have a good sense of humour and get along with most people . I'm looking to go out this Saturday and Sunday . Would like some one that would be in to going out to shoot steel and to get a wolf . And spring black bear . I don't drink dont do drugs .

2014 Ford f150
. 243 vortex diamond back
. 300 win mag leopuld mark 4
17 hmr Burris full feild
Vortex range finder
Turbo dog e caller
Hand held callers as well
Spotting scope
I reload as well .

I do have some privet land I can share for this and deer season but mostly I get permission as I see them and build relationships with land owners by doing work for free and help out . And if I shoot a deer I always offer some meat of a flat of beer just to say thanks
Old 03-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Hey Juan,
Glad to to get this message!
Lets meet to be little bit familiar and discuss a plan.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:31 PM

Hi my name is James. I live in Westlock county and I am looking for a hunting partner. Currently starting on coyotes near my place. I have permission from the land owners. I have never field dressed a kill or taken a pelt. I am however a fast learner. I am looking to take some pelts for rifle holsters, rugs, quivers. I am excited for the 2015 Deer and Bird seasons. I would definitely be interested in black bear this spring as well. I am pretty green, but a good shot up to 200 yards. Thanks for your consideration.

I am available almost every weekend and some weekdays. PM me if interested.

Transportation:
2011 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
Acticat 580
Firearms:
Marlin 336xlr 30-30 Nikon 3x9
Savage 93r .17hmr bushnell 3x9
Mossberg 590A1 12ga Smooth barrel 18 1/2"
Calls / decoys:
Primos dog catcher
mojo critter
walkies
Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Hi Guys/Gals;
I myself is looking for a hunting partner as well. Would love to try coyote hunting if there's anyone out there that hunts them too.

Drop me a line if your interested.

Buckshot67
AKA: Ken.....lol...
Old 03-03-2015, 08:26 PM

Hi James;
I would love to try hunting coyotes bud? I never hunted them before but hunted just about everything else. I live in Spruce Grove if your interested? Drop me a line.

Ken
Old 03-07-2015, 05:08 PM

Smile Snow Goose Hunting Sturgeon county

Snow goose hunt is coming soon. I'm So excited!

I live in Sturgeon county 50km north of Edmonton
I am a married woman in mid thirties.

I have experience dressing out birds, and large game.
I have 20 gauge shot gun I don't have decoys ( not sure what I should get )
I am new to hunting and have not hunted waterfowl before.
I love camping, hiking, fishing and dogs.
I would like to learn to hunt many things so I can teach my son.
It would be nice to make some friends as well.

If you want to get together Talk about hunting and shoot some clay that would be great too.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:35 AM

Default hunting partner

iam new to Alberta and would like to find a new hunting partner, iam 29 from ontario, ive spent my entire life hunting all kinds of game. i prefer to ground hunt "spot and stalk" iam not a big fan of baits and i dont like to hunt from a vehicle. i enjoy all kinds of hunting. from rabbit and squirl,waterfowl , turkey, predator and big game. iam experienced with a bow rifle and shotgun. iam comfortable taking shots over 200 yards but prefer to keep my kills in bow range if i can. if your new to hunting and could use some guidance let me know, if your more experienced and would like a mature knowledgeable partner thats cool too.
also in the last couple of years i started to do my own taxidermy, you need a license to do work for other people and i DONT have that yet. its fairly simple and inexpensive, ive only worked on birds and rugs so far but ill be happy to show others how to do their own work.
thanks for any replies.

Last edited by bearstalker234; 03-08-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:40 PM

Howdy all

New to archery
Inexperienced at hunting has been 20 years since I have even gone

Looking to get my pal this summer.

But right now want to work on my bow

Looking to hunt anything but would prefer something other then gophers

I live in Strathmore which isn't to Far East of Calgary
I do have access to some farm land but only know of gophers in the area
Old 03-10-2015, 02:51 PM

Default Snow Goose Hunting partner.

Wow!
Season will be open next week, but no one like a company.
Practically no one response, so bad.
Guys, maybe I am not a bad person and can make a good company.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:06 PM

Default Spring bear partner

Looking for someone to hunt spring bear over bait . I have all the equipment , barrels , 2 ladder stands , cams etc. Have 3 sites with great success over last the 4 years or so . Am in my mid 50,s and need help setting up of course and after that I would almost rather film as shoot , I still love the excitement. I live in the RD county and hunting is out the Rocky way .
Old 03-16-2015, 09:37 AM

hey all just tossing a line out sounds like my hunting partner is going to be busy mostly this spring and am planning on maken few trips to the mountains 400s zone for some spot and stalk bear im from barnwell have my own equipment plus truck and camper if any one is interested don't mind doing day trips or weekends if all works out im 27 been hunting ever since I was a little have two young daughters and wife feel free to shoot me a pm if interested thanks and have a good one
Old 03-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Hey hows it going?
i would be very interested in doing spot and stalk on some bear. i live up in edmonton and probably wont be able to get a ride down there. if you are ever planning on heading north let me know.
goodluck this spring.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:55 PM

hey bear stalker I wont be making up that way this spring was hopen to go hunt over some baits but with work beng slow wont be abel to swing it so sticking close to home this spring
Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 AM

Default Experienced Archery Hunting partner wanted for elk/ moose hunt this fall.

Hey I am a 27 year old from Ontario, lived out here from 08-11 working with SRD I recently moved back to Edmonton, I am looking for someone that has experience archery hunting, bonus if has calling experience for elk and or moose, I have a pretty good spot lined up south west of Edson that I plan on hunting the general elk/ moose season with archery tackle this coming fall. I used to see lots of animals in this area the big boys are hard to come by but there are plenty of rag horns to go around, and I'm not picky just looking to fill the freezer. Plan on hiking in about 5 km to the area then setting up camp and working the area from there. I currently only have a car but it will get me where I need to go. Not looking to disclose the exact location to anyone until further discussion. But if anyone else is looking for a similar hunt this fall an extra set of hands quartering and packing an animal is always a bonus. Feel free to PM me and we can chat a bit more.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 PM

LOOKING FOR NEXT WEEKEND (March 28th - 29th)

Looking for someone to let me tag along on a Snow goose hunt now its open for them.

Not going to be hunting myself, still have to do my PAL, and get the money together for equipment. Would just like to tag along, for a first time hunting experience. See how its done etc. Happy to do grunt/leg work for you

I am best just outside Stony Plain. Obviously will travel, to a reasonable distance

Then he'd look off some place in the distance
At something only he could see
He'd say all that's left now of the old days
Those damned old coyotes and me
Old 03-26-2015, 10:14 AM

Default Spring snow goose.

Hi outdoorsmen/women. I'm looking to harvest waterfowl this year and I was hoping to start off with the spring snow goose season and get some experience.

I live in Grande Prairie and I have everything I need except decoys and a dog.
I'm looking to see if anyone in the area would be interested in showing me and teaching me this side of the hunt. I'm ok with not hunting and just getting my hands dirty if thats what it takes to learn.

I do work lots but maybe we can find a day or 2 that line up for both of us. If you have any further questions feel free to pm me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ManitobaSlim; 03-26-2015 at 10:21 AM.