Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Default Opinion on what lake to go to?

Hey everyone so I live in edmonton and was planning to go ice fishing this weekend, I haven't been out yet this season unfortunantly. So I was thinking of going to wabamun I've done well there in years past but I want to bring a fish home this time and unfortunantly wabamuns c&r so doesnt really matter what kind of fish I just want to try one, I was thinking maybe gull or pigeon perhaps? Any suggestions would be good.

Thanks!

(P.S i live in edmonton)
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM

On Sunday I might go scouting on some lakes that as far as I know there's been nobody on them for the past few years but I heard a story from a man with a story that was told that some good perch have been had in the one of them body's of water this winter

This could be just some tall tales though but I'm going to take my chance so if your interested you will need a small 4x4 that you don't mind the odd scratch added to AKA redneck pin striping. Your welcome to come

Bolloque lake is the one named lake in the area. Can't promise any fish as these lakes in that area are shallow and most likely winter killed last year. But with no access for the last 15 years you just never know.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20shadow05 View Post
Hey everyone so I live in edmonton and was planning to go ice fishing this weekend, I haven't been out yet this season unfortunantly. So I was thinking of going to wabamun I've done well there in years past but I want to bring a fish home this time and unfortunantly wabamuns c&r so doesnt really matter what kind of fish I just want to try one, I was thinking maybe gull or pigeon perhaps? Any suggestions would be good.

Thanks!

(P.S i live in edmonton)
I would head to Gull if I was you. You may get whites, perch, pike. If I was me I would head north. Then Gull in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 AM

You may want to consider Lowrance lake by Athabasca. I think you can keep any size pike in there.