Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM

Default Your go to water

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about our favorite places to fish. What is that body of water that never lets you down, and what makes you love fishing there? Maybe because of scenery or maybe of the solitude or maybe just because of great fishing available If you want to keep it a secret just discribe what its like and what you catch there.

Ever since I've started fly fishing I have been addicted to fishing moving water, and living near Edmonton I find myself to the north-west a lot hunting my favorite fish, the arctic grayling. The stream i fish is fairly small in width but is long and contains some really good fish if you do some exploring. Access is no issue as it is crossed by a highway, but to get to where i fish it you have to have a good map and be willing to get lost. It is my favorite body of water because it is the first "honey hole" that i found by myself by burning alot of gas and getting skunked a few times. I can ussually catch 40 to 60 fish here a day when conditions permit, and it fisshes well with a dry fly.

So whats your special water and why?