Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2017, 08:54 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I got folders for all days of the week, gotta remember to take them out of my pocket before washing cloths, dents up the machines real quick like but the knife is clean.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck duck goose View Post
One more thing to add guys. By "Centrifugal knives" they mean any knife that can be opened by just flicking it with your wrist... if that makes sense.

Basically, if you can hold the handle of the knife and just swing it quickly and have the blade open then it is illegal, and the only thing that is required to prove this is someone has to be able to demonstrate that it can be opened in this way.

I know some old jack knives of mine as they wear out were able to be opened this way. They did not have a spring assist or anything like that, the mechanism that holds them closed just wore out. Keep that in mind and be careful. If you get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time with a worn out jack knife you could be in trouble.
Over half of my knives can be whipped open with one hand, guess that makes me a criminal, if they want em' they can come pry em' out of my cold dead hands btw, waveble knives are faster than a switch blade anyway.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Over half of my knives can be whipped open with one hand, guess that makes me a criminal, if they want em' they can come pry em' out of my cold dead hands btw, waveble knives are faster than a switch blade anyway.
Didn't that happen, on a street car in Toronto?

somehow I remember hearing a saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight....
Old 02-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Didn't that happen, on a street car in Toronto?

somehow I remember hearing a saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight....
25' or less the gun loses
Old 02-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Interesting read, I carry a small blade just for work purposes it usually stays in my work pants with thee clip only showing on the outside. not had any issues as like mentioned a couple of times its really your intent and reason for carrying.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
25' or less the gun loses
Mmmhmmm. Cool story bro. Firstly it's 20 or 21 feet depending on your source (Tueller used 21 in the original study 1983, myth busters used 20, there's other tests etc). Second, that's a trained cop, aware of an armed but untrained subject, with the cop drawing a service pistol from a service holster while wearing the issued uniform/gear of the time.

If you don't understand the number of variables in that equation and how it changes in real life, I suggest carrying a spork and sticking to grand theft auto.

As far as the original thread...I've been told that you would basically have to threaten someone to be charged. Looked it up and never did find any federal or provincial law outside of intent and the switchblade/butterfly prohibitions already mentioned.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Banned

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) last week announced a crackdown on “centrifugal opening knives.” Anyone traveling into Canada should leave their flick, stud, disc, or flipper-activated folders at home.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:46 PM

How is it that first time posters always seem to find the ancient Necro Threads to start with? I suspect there will be more, dug up shortly, gotta have 20 to sell....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-15-2018, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erianerson View Post
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) last week announced a crackdown on “centrifugal opening knives.” Anyone traveling into Canada should leave their flick, stud, disc, or flipper-activated folders at home.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
How is it that first time posters always seem to find the ancient Necro Threads to start with? I suspect there will be more, dug up shortly, gotta have 20 to sell....
Or he is just here to spam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.