Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Default Big River Walleye Classic

Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnyder View Post
Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.
Oh Ya,- the biggest fish for the Western Canadian Walleye Trail was caught here again.Thats two years in a row for big fish
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 PM

I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaire1 View Post
I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?
We cant, because we have to fit in with the Western Canadian Walleye Trail schedual and the Sask Walleye Trail schedual, plus the fish police and permiting guys would prefer we didnt hold it any lator because of water temps and fish mortality.( we dont want any dead fish!!! )Besides it works out great with Canada day celebrations, fireworks on the beach.Good fun
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala76 View Post
Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?
So far we havnt filled ,but it is a well run tourny and the lake is beutifull ,so its just a matter of time.Lots of guys bring there families for some beach time and fishing
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Oh Ya,- the biggest fish for the Western Canadian Walleye Trail was caught here again.Thats two years in a row for big fish
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Hope the tourney is going in the future...hoping to get the baasscat into sk next year. Couldn't book the time this year but will be hitting things harder next.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Honestly you need to change the date. Big fish, great volunteers, awsome little town, very hospitable, and very well run tournament. If you pick a different weekend you'd get double or triple the teams right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. Hope it doesnt go away.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:52 PM

I like that it is on a long weekend. It gives everyone that travels any sort of distance that extra day to get home, unpack and relax a bit before heading back to work.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Honestly you need to change the date. Big fish, great volunteers, awsome little town, very hospitable, and very well run tournament. If you pick a different weekend you'd get double or triple the teams right off the bat. Just my 2 cents. Hope it doesnt go away.
We have thought about it , but like mr paul said , it does give everyone from out of province an extra day.Plus the fireworks on Canada Day are unbeilevable blowing up over the lake.The fish police wont let us have it any later and every other earlier weekend is got a tourny (except faust for now )Its hard to make everyone happy, but we do try.Travel time would also be an issue ifn we moved into Fausts spot, its about 11 hr drive here from there on a regular weekend, wont work.Getting a few more guys ,some arriving today.Im heading out right now for my first day on Deleronde to prefish.Hope i findem this year
Seeyalator
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Good times, good fishing, good people. I am hoping to move up 33 places

Free
Old 02-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom55 View Post
i'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria point, zig zag, ship island, rocky point and east bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen lindy rigs; do you think i have enough tackle for a week?

free
Old 03-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Free
good luck guys, I look forward to the thread in july with the pictures and the results.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys
Grace has mailed out new entrys to everyone involved.Hope we didnt miss anyone, ifn so send the one off the website.ITS ALL GOOD
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..
There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.
Thanks, and yes fishing was tough on the sunday last year but of the other 5 tournys i fished, they were all tough .Even, pinhurst was unbeilivably tough.Over 1/2 the teams gots skunked on the sunday.It just was a tough year all around ,most places.I think it was the high water ??? Deleronde can be tough, but on a good day ive seen a lot of big walleye taken out, ive personaly seen a few over 11 pds.And OMG, some big pike also.When the fishing is tough it kinda weeds out the good fisherman fast, the fellow who won last year was on big fish all day while others couldnt find a walleye ( me ) and he was all by himself away from the pack.The team that won the year before was in the money allso ,they had no problems. Its not suposed to be easy ,or anybody could do it .
Looking forward to seeing you here, we tried to take the best of all the tournys we fish and combine it into ours and the people here are awsum.Good times for all
See ya soon
Bob
Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default Walleye Classic

With the news that two tounaments on the Walleye Tour have been cancelled for 2012, then it would seem logical that some teams that don't already travel to Big River will consider Delaronde Lake as an alternate place to compete.

The guys that did travel to Saskatchewan would have told two friends and two friends... etc.

Probably a good time to get on the top 100 list. No waiting. Big cash.

Free
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Hey Guys
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Hey Guys
entrys starting to come in, going to be a great year
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
entrys starting to come in, going to be a great year
How many entries you got now?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208prov View Post
How many entries you got now?
not sure, i dont look after that end but there is still lots of room.Have a good day
Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM

THINKING We should have a meet and greet, shore lunch for AO people who come to our tourny.Be a blast, park on a sandy beach, have lunch and compare tactics? Maybe on the wensday before the weekend?Just a thought , let me know ifn u r interested
BOB
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM

how many teams registered so far?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
how many teams registered so far?
not sure ,but it is slow. A couple weeks ago we were only at 25.Last year we had about 55 total , soooo still was good prize money and had tons of fun. Lots of my tourny buddies havnt sent theres yet(allways last minit )
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm hoping to make it this year, if i can find a place to stay...
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys
:s Ha_shakeshout: