Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Dube, Bennett and Lucic....best line out there tonight imo. Bringing the grind, but skating hard, and got both goals so far. Lucic even driving the net hard like a power forward, he was actually going *gasp* fast!
They looked very good that last shift.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I was looking at Hellebuyck's stats for the regular season. He had fantastic numbers, one of the top goalies this year, Vezina material. For the Flames to be scoring on him the way they have this series is impressive. I have been very glad to be wrong in my prediction, they seem to have come to play. Talbot needs to keep up his game, and see how it goes...
I am pumped with the amount of goals we are coming up with as well as good scoring chances as well. Moving the puck around getting it in front. Looch is playing a great game. Playoff Bennett is hitting and scoring.
Johnny with a killer back check.
Talbot is looking comfortable, so far so good.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:14 PM

And Dube came within a....cat's whisker....of getting another. Great energy that line, right from the opening puck drop and fight.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-06-2020, 10:15 PM

Default Flames

Benny looked like a freight train there.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
Benny looked like a freight train there.
When he is on a mission, he is a hard guy to slow down. I really like Benny.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 PM

Wow...that line...Lucic and Benny with shots, the Benny with a heavy hit behind net. Lucic knocked somebody down. Those boys ate raw meat before the game. 3 stars tonight in my book.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was looking at Hellebuyck's stats for the regular season. He had fantastic numbers, one of the top goalies this year, Vezina material. For the Flames to be scoring on him the way they have this series is impressive. I have been very glad to be wrong in my prediction, they seem to have come to play. Talbot needs to keep up his game, and see how it goes...
Settle down.....lol. It’s not the same team in front of him with Mark Scheifele and Patrik Laine out. The Flames should be able to cruise to victory against this Jets line up. I’d say the same for the Jets if they were healthy and the Flames lost their two top scorers.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Settle down.....lol. It’s not the same team in front of him with Mark Scheifele and Patrik Laine out. The Flames should be able to cruise to victory against this Jets line up. I’d say the same for the Jets if they were healthy and the Flames lost their two top scorers.
Haters gotta hate.....the Oilers have the top two points guys in the league, both healthy and putting up points every game..... they ought to be cruising too over the Hawks. How is that working out?

Your excuses for the Flames success notwithstanding, they have played a damn good series so far.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
So your saying if Scheiflele, and Lanie in the line up we wouldn't be able to score goals?? Wasn't aware they blocked that many shots. Huh good to know.
Go Flames.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
So your saying if Scheiflele, and Lanie in the line up we wouldn't be able to score goals?? Wasn't aware they blocked that many shots. Huh good to know.
Go Flames.
No but standard thinking if they are in the lineup they would dictate play and control the puck more thus less chances for flames.
All in all good series but sucks when injuries or refs play big roles its always nice to see a hard fought even series
Old 08-06-2020, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Haters gotta hate.....the Oilers have the top two points guys in the league, both healthy and putting up points every game..... they ought to be cruising too over the Hawks. How is that working out?

Your excuses for the Flames success notwithstanding, they have played a damn good series so far.
Nope, not a hater. I’m just pointing out the obvious. Take Toews and Kane out of the Chicago lineup and I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the Oilers scored a bunch more goals on Crawford. Likewise, if both McD and Drai were out with injuries it wouldn’t surprise me if CHI scored more goals too.

The Flames scoring two goals on a great goalie like Helly is not surprising to me at all. I don’t think that it’s as great a feat as you make it out to be but I like your enthusiasm.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Nope, not a hater. I’m just pointing out the obvious. Take Toews and Kane out of the Chicago lineup and I wouldn’t be all that surprised if the Oilers scored a bunch more goals on Crawford. Likewise, if both McD and Drai were out with injuries it wouldn’t surprise me if CHI scored more goals too.

The Flames scoring two goals on a great goalie like Helly is not surprising to me at all. I don’t think that it’s as great a feat as you make it out to be but I like your enthusiasm.
Two goals?...this game. And a couple empty net goals to seal the deal, 4-0 shut out win (thanks Talbot!). 5 goals on Helly and an empty net last game....and goals the first and second game...all in Flames scored 16 goals in the series, 12 which went by Hellebuyck...nice to pretend they won the series in 4 games with two goals. But at least you realize they were scoring on a great goalie.

Like I said, Haters gotta Hate Dave. Just own it.

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 08-06-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Will Johnny no show be around much longer you guys think? Re sign? Try to trade?
Good game btw
Old 08-06-2020, 11:24 PM

Yes, back to the game....Flames win series in 4..and finish with a very convincing shut out...Whoooooooppppp!!!

That is all.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:30 PM

It's never cause the Flames played well, always a reason for them being able to win. Whatever, moving on. Talbot was awesome, Bennett, Looch. Solid effort. Got some depth going on here.
See what happens next.
Now if I could just win that dang 50/50
Old 08-06-2020, 11:34 PM

For the haters.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Will Johnny no show be around much longer you guys think? Re sign? Try to trade?
Good game btw
I am on the fence, guy could be valuable but never really just proves it. If we got a solid return, it wouldn't hurt my feeling to see him go.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:48 AM

Credit where credit is due. As much as I loathe the cow cousins, that was some quality playoff hockey. And being an Edmonton fan, I am happy for Talbot. Good guy.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:48 PM

Congrats flames.
First team to win a playoff series in Rogers place.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:32 PM

Waiting to hear from HunterDave...why the Flames only won because.....And the Oilers only lost because.....

It's OK Dave. I get it. Flames made playoffs but suck....And Oilers got smashed by the Hawks but regardless are the best team in the Galaxy because McD/Drai.....

Better luck next year.

Of course we have been saying that for ten years or more now.

Maybe they could trade McD and Drai for a real team?

Old 08-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Waiting to hear from HunterDave...why the Flames only won because.....And the Oilers only lost because.....

It's OK Dave. I get it. Flames made playoffs but suck....And Oilers got smashed by the Hawks but regardless are the best team in the Galaxy because McD/Drai.....

Better luck next year.

Of course we have been saying that for ten years or more now.

Maybe they could trade McD and Drai for a real team?
Do you even hockey? I don’t think that it was a big surprise to anyone that the Flames beat the Jets when both Scheifele and Laine were out with injuries.

The Oilers lost because the Hawks played better.

If both Toews and Kane were out due to injuries I certainly wouldn’t be on here bragging about how incredible the Oilers were if they beat the Hawks.
That’d just be dumb but to each their own.

Good luck in the playoffs.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Do you even hockey? I don’t think that it was a big surprise to anyone that the Flames beat the Jets when both Scheifele and Laine were out with injuries.

The Oilers lost because the Hawks played better.

If both Toews and Kane were out due to injuries I certainly wouldn’t be on here bragging about how incredible the Oilers were if they beat the Hawks.
That’d just be dumb but to each their own.

Good luck in the playoffs.
Yup. I even hockey. Keep the excuses coming for the Flames winning the series Dave. They are for sure dumb. Because they surely couldn't have won based on their talent and line up. It was because jets were fragile...

But each to their own buddy. Whatever makes you feel better about your team.

Oilers, two top scoring points guys in the league, but they got beat..... maybe next year they get to play in playoffs.

But Flames only win because excuses excuses.....blah blah blah....

Flames may not go far, but we will get to watch them play a few games yet.

They already are ahead of all the predictions from the experts....And we don't get to watch the Oilers play anymore this year because....They lost. Bummer.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
All in all good series but sucks when injuries or refs play big roles its always nice to see a hard fought even series
Enlighten us how the refs played big roles in this series?

I'm sorry for the Jets, that they had so many injuries, but that's hockey. I'm just glad that it was someone other than the Flames for a change that had injuries.

Do I think the Flames are winning the next series? Who can predict, don't even know who they are playing yet. They are playing better than expected though. For a change they are playing physical and showing a killer instinct. Time will tell.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post

I'm sorry for the Jets, that they had so many injuries, but that's hockey. I'm just glad that it was someone other than the Flames for a change that had injuries.

Do I think the Flames are winning the next series? Who can predict, don't even know who they are playing yet. They are playing better than expected though. For a change they are playing physical and showing a killer instinct. Time will tell.
The most important thing to remember is—-THE SOILERS ARE GOLFING
Old 08-08-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2506 View Post

I just meant in general cool your jets, I have no skin in this series so honestly don't really care. That being said I prefer if both teams are fully healthy and if refs don't stick their noses in games but let the players duke it out. That is just a general statement, but I will say these playoffs seem to have a fair amount of penalties.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:14 AM

So now in the west it will be
vegas or colorado vs coyotes or hawks
And stars or blues vs flames or nucks
Correct?
Man those avalanche sure look scary, so fast.
Also in the east the lightening have looked good so far imo.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:58 PM

So Dallas ties it with 30 seconds left and wins in shoot out....That's the Flames first round match up then?

I like that better than Blues.....

Noticed Seguin sitting in stands. Is he injured?

Old 08-09-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
So Dallas ties it with 30 seconds left and wins in shoot out....That's the Flames first round match up then?

I like that better than Blues.....

Noticed Seguin sitting in stands. Is he injured?
I think the flames got the best match up they could possibly get.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
I think the flames got the best match up they could possibly get.
Agree, much better than Blues, Vegas or Avs....but if they get by Dallas, and I believe they can if they play like they did against Jets....Well, sooner or later they are going to play Blues, Vegas, or Avs......

Old 08-09-2020, 08:29 PM

I think it will be a tight series for sure but if the flames play the way they have been it wouldn't surprise me at all. I think they have a higher chance vs dallas than the blues. I think they can beat the blues but that series would probably be tougher and more of a grind.
Should be a fun one to watch either way.
Oh and no idea with Seguin