Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2020, 04:34 PM

Put it a safe and forgot about it. It was there quite a while.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot
Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...
Old 07-24-2020, 06:13 PM

Happily sold a bunch of $17 dollar silver today--enough to pay for fridge repair and a new scope
Old 07-24-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
Happily sold a bunch of $17 dollar silver today--enough to pay for fridge repair and a new scope
I see you solved that problem like a champ! Kudos.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-24-2020, 08:40 PM

Watching on E-bay and one Canadian maple leaf is at $50.00 can. + shipping!
Old 07-25-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
Watching on E-bay and one Canadian maple leaf is at $50.00 can. + shipping!
When silver dipped earlier this year I was going to buy some more maple leafs but the dealer premium has gone through the roof. Albern in Calgary is charging about $6/coin now, others are $9/coin and up. I passed on that and went the paper route.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
When silver dipped earlier this year I was going to buy some more maple leafs but the dealer premium has gone through the roof. Albern in Calgary is charging about $6/coin now, others are $9/coin and up. I passed on that and went the paper route.
You don't hold it, you don't own it
Old 07-25-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
IF things get BAD....

The people with "means" will pay for stupidity of others....

I can see a future in Canada where the Govt. Will attempt to confiscate citizens wealth, hell they have been doing it ever since WW2 BUT I see that plan escalating quickly.

I fully believe that Physical Bullion will become illegal for everyone but Banks and govt.

They will likely also "Nationalize" ALL Gold mines on Canadian soil much like Venezuela did with its oil industry.

If they don't takeover completely they will force operator to sell it the Govt.at "lower than market" price.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post
IF things get BAD....

The people with "means" will pay for stupidity of others....

I can see a future in Canada where the Govt. Will attempt to confiscate citizens wealth, hell they have been doing it ever since WW2 BUT I see that plan escalating quickly.

I fully believe that Physical Bullion will become illegal for everyone but Banks and govt.

They will likely also "Nationalize" ALL Gold mines on Canadian soil much like Venezuela did with its oil industry.

If they don't takeover completely they will force operator to sell it the Govt.at "lower than market" price.
We have seen the confiscation story before in the US from the 30's to the 70's. The only difference between now and then is not many individuals own a significant amount of gold or silver anymore. There wealth is all in their home and outside of that it's mostly in stocks(61%), bonds(16%) and cash.

The Canadian Government is also going to go after the money in our homes in the form of a tax on property owners to pay for this mess I think. Governments have already been looking into it, describing home owners as lottery winners. Good times ahead.

https://www.westerninvestor.com/news...ars-1.24173983
Old 07-26-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
We have seen the confiscation story before in the US from the 30's to the 70's. The only difference between now and then is not many individuals own a significant amount of gold or silver anymore. There wealth is all in their home and outside of that it's mostly in stocks(61%), bonds(16%) and cash.

The Canadian Government is also going to go after the money in our homes in the form of a tax on property owners to pay for this mess I think. Governments have already been looking into it, describing home owners as lottery winners. Good times ahead.

https://www.westerninvestor.com/news...ars-1.24173983
The good thing! Is the Government doesn't know what we all have!!!! Cash, gold, silver, etc. Just like the long guns! They don't know what we have so they can't ask for it!
Old 07-26-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Very true! there are solid reasons to have some metals in your possession. The paper game has its place too though as long as you accept it for what it is.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:23 PM

Another big jump in silver, sitting at around $32.40
Old 07-26-2020, 10:21 PM

And gold too, all time high broken. Tagged $1938 USD.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:43 AM

Silver up over $2.00/oz and running
Old 07-27-2020, 10:02 AM

Default Silver up on Monday

Wow silver is up to 32.57

Gold at 2599

I even saw them talking about it on the news! They were saying that $50 silver and $5000 GOld were real possibilities
Old 07-27-2020, 10:24 AM

Precious metals tracking toward an unsettling time down south this fall.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
Precious metals tracking toward an unsettling time down south this fall.
I was reading in the Financial Post that there’s several banks involved in a class action lawsuit, including Scotia Bank, due to suppression of value in gold, and that Scotia Bank is getting out of precious metals all together. There is no doubt that precious metals will come down a bit for some sort of equalization! The cost of pulling it out of the ground is just to high!! I also saw an interview with a ceo of kitco stating that they planned on withholding their stock, because it’s so undervalued, I could be wrong simply because you can’t believe everything you read, or see on the Internet, but I hope it does go down, because that will be a great time to buy!!
Old 07-27-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Sure you are. Good luck. Don't get that silver dollar mixed with the rest of the coins in your piggy bank.
Hilarious!
Old 07-27-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
I was reading in the Financial Post that there’s several banks involved in a class action lawsuit, including Scotia Bank, due to suppression of value in gold, and that Scotia Bank is getting out of precious metals all together. There is no doubt that precious metals will come down a bit for some sort of equalization! The cost of pulling it out of the ground is just to high!! I also saw an interview with a ceo of kitco stating that they planned on withholding their stock, because it’s so undervalued, I could be wrong simply because you can’t believe everything you read, or see on the Internet, but I hope it does go down, because that will be a great time to buy!!
I’m thinking the climbing debt load of the worlds economies will devalue paper in relation to the metals, so a drop may be in the trajectory, but growing disparity between them. There will be profit taking along the way, so yea, some fluctuations
Old 07-27-2020, 06:10 PM

$34.05 loving it
Old 07-27-2020, 07:22 PM

Gold to silver ratio closing in
Old 07-28-2020, 10:26 PM

Default Predictions

Any predictions on how high it will go? I’m thinking it’s gonna go another 30 percent before new year. At least I hope so. Probably will flatten off shortly though.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
Any predictions on how high it will go? I’m thinking it’s gonna go another 30 percent before new year. At least I hope so. Probably will flatten off shortly though.
The analysts mostly are thinking $30USD by year end which I think is realistic.

However, if we get into an investment frenzy with its recent publicity I don’t see why it can’t spike to $50USD again. This Would be a run like bitcoin and weed stocks scenario however.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
Not sure about silver but it will probably continue to chase gold and gold is going to continue going up as long as rates are falling and governments continue to spend and create more debt. Until I see the US government start talking about reducing debt/austerity measures I think gold and silver will continue running. Watch the USD, its fallen from 104 to 93.4. The worlds getting nervous about the United States and their debt. This things got a good chance of turning into a real crap show. Hang on to your silver and gold and add on dips I think.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:18 AM

Another run at it! $33.96
Old 08-04-2020, 11:26 AM

$34.53!
Old 08-04-2020, 11:52 AM

Default Run

Yes I see that its up alot today and so is gold. Anything specific causing it? Any special news?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:57 AM

I have some silver bars where my average cost is around $8 an ounce. Sould I start gradually selling that off? Or wait for a while?
I don’t really need that cash right now.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
I have some silver bars where my average cost is around $8 an ounce. Sould I start gradually selling that off? Or wait for a while?
Sell half now
Old 08-04-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Silver is forecast to go up higher, I would hold and see which way the dollar goes!
Old 08-04-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
Silver is forecast to go up higher, I would hold and see which way the dollar goes!
Agree. I don't have a ton in my safe, but hanging on to what I have for now.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone