Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
If your using a VPN make sure turned off. Also for the messages you guys are getting , doesn't matter what it is. Error, site not found, won't respond. Just keep refreshing. Even in the pay part after you enter card # Told me error and start new purchases. Nope refresh refresh refresh. Open. Couple windows and go back and forth. Takes time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Whats a VPN?
Old 08-07-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
If your using a VPN make sure turned off. Also for the messages you guys are getting , doesn't matter what it is. Error, site not found, won't respond. Just keep refreshing. Even in the pay part after you enter card # Told me error and start new purchases. Nope refresh refresh refresh. Open. Couple windows and go back and forth. Takes time.

What is VPN??
Old 08-07-2020, 02:58 PM

All i can say is refresh refresh refresh, i had errors all over. Even at the payment portion, said start new purchase. Just ignore it and keep refreshing. Takes for ever.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:02 PM

Doh sorry for the multiple posts. They weren't going through for me. Oops. Think this 50-50 has broken the internet.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Anyone having better or worse luck with any particular browser or is it just refresh x1000? I've been trying off and on since 10am
Old 08-07-2020, 03:41 PM

Both getting blocked messages here as well.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:

Finally got on using this ^^^^^ method even if an error page comes up or "blocked"........took probably 60 or more consecutive times of refreshing to finally get through.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:19 PM

So someone pointed out, the draw is sponsored by remax, and the 1st two winners are realtors....I googled it, sure enough.....
Old 08-07-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Finally got on using this ^^^^^ method even if an error page comes up or "blocked"........took probably 60 or more consecutive times of refreshing to finally get through.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschache View Post

I was getting the Blocked notification for the last 45 minutes. Just kept clicking back out of that page and hitting Buy Tickets over and over. It'll happen after 15 - 30 attempts.

Went back in the same way 20 minutes later and bought some for my daughter. Refresh was not working on the Block page. Click back and hit Buy.

Eventually their server gets exasperated and just gives in.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:49 PM

A group my wife follows on facebook has alot of people saying they entered like 10 times but received a bad gateway or other errors but they actually went through and the people did not plan on spendung that much.

Last edited by troutbug; 08-07-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
A group my wife follows on facebook has alot of people saying they entered like 10 times but received a bad gateway or other errors but they actually went through and the people did not plan on sepndung that much.
Yup, my mom said get me some. So I went and tried, kept crashing on the checkout page. Well mom, you got 3 extra sets of chances due to the glitch. Be a funny story if she wins.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:44 PM

Took awhile but we got our $50 pack. After we entered the CC information it took a minute and said Bad Gateway. Before I hit refresh, the wife checked her email and got the tixs. I’m thinking people that have been charged multiple times hit refresh before checking to see if they got the tickets.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:55 PM

Well I have a $50 charge on my credit card but no email with any tickets I even checked my junk mail. So now what the heck does a guy do?????
Old 08-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Banned

MEH, you will NEVER see me stand in some gawd forsaken queue to PAY for a purchase
ie: Fedex..I don't wait on HOLD to pay my freight charges
Old 08-07-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
Well I have a $50 charge on my credit card but no email with any tickets I even checked my junk mail. So now what the heck does a guy do?????
Similar to me. I would have stayed on, never a confirmation I purchased. Always bad gateway. Then look in email. Purchased $50.00 tickets. My visa charged $150.00.
Wow, thank the lord I checked my email. Easy to wrack up $500.00, not knowing you purchased.
Now where are the remaining $100.00 tickets??
Old 08-07-2020, 09:03 PM

Finally got my confirmation email and ticket numbers. I know a woman who kept trying thinking it wasn’t going through and she ended up with 5 confirmation emails and 1000 tickets so $250 later. Oops.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
A group my wife follows on facebook has alot of people saying they entered like 10 times but received a bad gateway or other errors but they actually went through and the people did not plan on spendung that much.

I got nailed the same way. Totally bogus. First transaction that went through I was given an acknowledgement that the transaction had been completed and I would get a followup email with my ticket numbers and receipt. This happened.

Then on a second attempt I was got numerous Bad Gateway, Transaction Cannot be Completed At This Time, etc, etc. All of them Went through without the website telling me so. Definitely not paying for the overage I've been charged.

What a fiasco of a management group the Oilers have. Complete joke.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I got nailed the same way. Totally bogus. First transaction that went through I was given an acknowledgement that the transaction had been completed and I would get a followup email with my ticket numbers and receipt. This happened.

Then on a second attempt I was got numerous Bad Gateway, Transaction Cannot be Completed At This Time, etc, etc. All of them Went through without the website telling me so. Definitely not paying for the overage I've been charged.

What a fiasco of a management group the Oilers have. Complete joke.

Wife just showed me a post, a guy now has a 5k credit card bill due to the entries going through and he didnt think they were actually processing so he kept trying.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Wife just showed me a post, a guy now has a 5k credit card bill due to the entries going through and he didnt think they were actually processing so he kept trying.
Unbelieveable. I've sent a note out to an Edm Journsl reporter that was tracking the issues today. I'm going to get real ugly with Oilers Charitable Foundation in the next couple of days. They're ripping people off thanks to their ineptitude. Bloody ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:48 PM

Its at 14.5 million. This is crazy

Under the rules it states 7. No Refunds. All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason.

Sounds like alot of people who did not plan on spending hundreds or thousands on tickets are out of luck
Old 08-07-2020, 11:04 PM

Does anyone know the maximum number of tickets sold would be?
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 08-07-2020, 11:07 PM

Noticed the winning numbers aren't posted yet.

If all these false fraudulent transactions went through because of system error - and people were actually getting charged each time they hit refresh... The entire lottery would be compromised - right ?? There would be so many excess numbers generated and "thrown into the pot"....

How would they even go about sorting this out ?? Re-draw ??

Sketchy, regardless.

Btw for what it's worth.... I had to hit refresh like ten times on the processing page because I kept getting the "error, try again later" message. However, only one email showed up and was only charged once. 🤷
Old 08-07-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Noticed the winning numbers aren't posted yet.

If all these false fraudulent transactions went through because of system error - and people were actually getting charged each time they hit refresh... The entire lottery would be compromised - right ?? There would be so many excess numbers generated and "thrown into the pot"....

How would they even go about sorting this out ?? Re-draw ??

Sketchy, regardless.

Btw for what it's worth.... I had to hit refresh like ten times on the processing page because I kept getting the "error, try again later" message. However, only one email showed up and was only charged once. 🤷

Yes its still processing, everytime I refresh the number is going up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_Screenshot_20200807-221156_Facebook.jpg (18.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-08-2020, 07:21 AM

Now that the oilers are out will they still have draw?
Old 08-08-2020, 07:24 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Oilers are sore loosers....packed up and left town with the cash

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-08-2020, 07:48 AM

Took us a long time to get tickets, we are not even hockey fans but bought tickets anyway since your chances are better than 6/49 , now the stupid question is , where are the winning numbers posted? Don't see anything on the website.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:08 AM

Draw is on hold

As of 11:25 p.m., the Edmonton Oilers website showed that the pot had passed $15.2 million, crushing the previous record of $5,417,130.

However, with many fans — including some who spoke on the record to Global News — saying problems with the website timing out resulted in them being charged for more tickets than they wanted to buy, it was not immediately clear whether some of the tickets may be refunded.

“We need time to work through this issue before we can say with certainty where the pot will be,” Tim Shipton, an executive with the Oilers Entertainment Group, told Global News.

“It will be a significant number in any case.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7257103/e...-50-50-game-4/
Old 08-08-2020, 08:13 AM

Default System crash and double tickets.

I was trying and got to the enter card info. Did that and got a 404 error. waited a few minutes and tried again, same error so I said screw it and went to work on the quad. Came back in about 930pm to emails that I had bought 2 blocks of tickets. Oh well I guess I have wasted a $100 before. Glad I stopped trying
Good Luck all
Old 08-08-2020, 08:47 AM

I still think its suspicious it is sponsored by a realty company and the first two people to win are realtors.