Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-16-2014, 11:20 PM

Default New hunter this year in Calgary

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new this year but I've been doing lots of reading and learning. My understanding is the best way to get started is a group or individual that one can learn from. I'm in Calgary and looking for some hunting partners to join. I got lucky with my first ruffed grouse a few weeks ago and I'm hoping to try for geese or a white tail in November. My goal to be respectful, legal, and safe, and hopefully end up with some meat in our freezer.
I'm wondering if there is anyone in the area that would be willing to take out a newbie with their group for a day. I'm happy to just come out and learn and help out with whatever needs to get done.
I'm hoping to join someone for geese or white tail on November 7th, 8th, 16th, or 17th.
Thanks for reading everyone!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Default New to Edmonton and hunting

Hello, I'm 40 yrs old, new to Edmonton, and have just received my hunting license this year. I have a tag for a general moose and a general white tail. I'd really appreciate being able to go out with someone who's experienced to show me the ropes.
Thanks.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:18 PM

Hey guys, new to the scene first year hunter but been doing a bit of grouse hunting. Well along my travels I ran into a couple small bucks which fuelled the want for a deer rifle. Grabbed a new gun and a few tags and looking to get out with someone either in the same boat or with experience. 26 years old in McKenzie towne, south calgary. I work out of town a week at a time so I have every second week to get out any time at all. pm me if interested to meet up!
Old 10-19-2014, 04:39 PM

Thumbs up Hunting Partner for next Weekend (25 Oct. 2014):

Hey Guys,
I'm new to Hunting, went out couple of times with some friends.
I'm living in Calgary and planning to go for Hunting next weekend (Sat. 25th-Oct.) for WhiteTail.
If any one (new or experienced) would like to join as 2 or as group; please pm me.
It'll be great.

MY ACCOUNT IS NEW SO I CAN'T PM ANYONE, ANYONE WHO COMMENT EARLIER FOR PARTNER; PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED.

AG

Last edited by AG.; 10-19-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 AM

Hi all,

I have Tue, Wed and Thur off, would love to go out hunting. I've been hunting for 2 years now, live in Calgary but I'm willing to travel.

Gabe.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:14 AM

I will be hunting 410 this weekend, got a couple spots scoped out but not totally settled on where in going, if anybody wants to join pm me.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 PM

Hi All,
new to Alberta hunter here - I've been hunting moose, deer and waterfowl in BC for 8 years.

Looking to hopefully get out once or twice with someone who understands Alberta's hunting regulations properly. I think I understand them, but they're different enough from BC that I don't want to risk making a mistake and ending up on the wrong side of the regs!

I've got my own gear, experience hunting, able to haul animals out if you'd like help. I'm primarily a rifle/shotgun/muzzle loader hunter but getting into archery (can't bow hunt yet).

Open to hunt deer, moose, waterfowl, upland birds, rabbits etc - whatever's open Based in the Edmonton area and happy to meet up in advance and set things up pre-hunt.

Last edited by canross; 10-24-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 PM

Hello all, looking for someone around the red deer area that would be interested in going rabbit hunting in wmu 208. I have a dog whom is well on his way for rabbit hunting. Open for overnight trips too, pretty much anytime in the next few weeks. If you have a Better rabbit area I'm ok with going there.
Pm me if interested!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Just wondering if there are any serious waterfowlers in the Okotoks area (south calgary, high river, nanton, etc). I have all the gear(decoys, trailer, blinds) + dog. I have lived here my whole life and know a lot of farmers, have permission in lots of areas and am always out scouting. Send me a PM if you are in the area and like to hunt waterfowl.
Hi Kyle. My name is Erik. I have a dog that loves waterfowling. It's his first year and mine too. I use an o/u. So far I hunt Frank and Namaka. I'm the kinda guy that picks up his shells, respects the privilege of peoples land permissions.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM

I am looking for Calgarian hunters to hang out with, go for drinks and find a possible mentor. Best case: to tag-along on a hunt. I've always loved spending time in the outdoors and my dream job would involve working in deep wilderness. However, I've lived in the city my whole life and now go to work in a cubicle. Whompwhomp. So, perhaps not surprisingly, I'm drooling over what outdoorsmen are about.

To be clear, I have no experience and no equipment. I have gone on and planned backpacking trips and spent a summer out in Hinton in fireline tent. I am a 28 year old female, passionate about the outdoors, good at plant foraging but clueless when it comes to catching my own meat.

I will try to be as helpful and entertaining as possible in return for leeching off your knowledge.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM

Default Early Sunday Hunt

Looking to go out to 338 EARLY Sunday morning for a day hunt. looking to leave Edmonton around 4 am to get an early jump on a Whitetail or Elk.

I'm fairly new but have shot WT.

if anyone is interested please let me know.

Cheers,

DSG.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Anyone out of edmonton heading out hunting tomorrow and would like some company Let me know and I'll pack my gear. Got a whitetail general and supp to fill
Old 11-01-2014, 07:56 AM

Deer hunting this afternoon and tomorrow around Sundre if anyone is interested PM me. Looking for a Whitetail.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Default Calgary Area - Looking to hunt w/ someone

Hello AB hunters,

I have a week off in November (week of Nov. 10-14). I'm mostly wanting to learn from someone. I'm 38 years old, new to hunting, and never shot anything bigger than a loaf of bread...which is also, obviously, the only thing found in my freezer.

I have all my papers, WT tag, WT supplemental and general Muley tag (didn't win a draw, though). Upland bird, too. I mostly want to go out with more experienced hunters as I always learn a new stuff just by watching. I'll fill your tank, you fill your tags

Tom
Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Default Looking for a partner this weekend

Hi all, I am new to hunting but not new to the outdoors. I would like to get out hunting during the November weekend. If anyone would not mind a tag along then please let me know. I hav ea a new savage axis that I would love to break in. I am currently in Camrose but would be willing to travel.
Cheers.
Shane
Old 11-03-2014, 12:11 AM

Default Calgary area hunting buddy

Anyone interested in pairing up with an intermediate level hunter?

I'm new to Alberta and a bit rusty, but looking to join someone of equal or greater experience and who is familiar with public land, or has access to private land, within driving distance of Calgary.

Mostly interested rifle hunting wt or mulies. I have my own guns and gear. I'm fit and like the hiking as much as the shooting.

I have young kids and a fairly demading job, so not looking to head out for days at a time. But am very interested day hunts.

Snowfall means good tracking so I'm anxious to get out into the woods with someone who has scouted a bit and is familiar with the lay of the land.

If interested, please send me a private message.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:28 PM

hello,are there any hunters in Edmonton would like to mentor a new fellow,l have Wt ,mule and black bear tags wish to get them filled.l don't have a truck.but l can be your driver and fill your tank.l am easy going.thank you.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman450 View Post
Hello, I'm 40 yrs old, new to Edmonton, and have just received my hunting license this year. I have a tag for a general moose and a general white tail. I'd really appreciate being able to go out with someone who's experienced to show me the ropes.
Thanks.
Hey my friend please check your regs prior to taking any moose there are very few zones in alberta that are General for Moose.

Good luck!!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Default lethbridge

hi guys
im a 50 year old guy,new to the forum and new to hunting.
is there anyone in lethbridge that would be willing to take out a new comer.
pass on your valuable experience
i have a white tail tag with supplements
i am easy going and keen to learn
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM

Default Newbie to Alberta

Want to do some hunting in the near future maybe not this year but I want to find someone o do this with as I have never hunted in AB before
Old 11-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Default New hunter looking to get out this weekend.

If any one wants a newbie tag along this weekend please message me. I'm just wanting to learn.
Thanks.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:30 PM

I should mention I am based in camrose.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:02 PM

Presently in Nampa with bull moose tag for 520 and cow elk for 527 with no way to get out. If anyone in the Peace River area is going out and has room for another hunter, I would love the chance to get out. Willing to split expenses etc. Thanks Fred.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:31 PM

Default Nov 10th hunt

Anyone going out tomorrow? i was planning on going out west from Edmonton, if anyone else has the day off and is heading out i don't mind tagging along or you can come out with me.

cheers, Mike
Old 11-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Anyone interested in taking a newbie hunter out this Saturday 15 Nov 2014 with rifle? I live in sturgeon county. Willing to travel a bit. I have a white tail tag. Really itching to get out. Looking to learn a thing or 10. Message me or reply to the thread if you're interested.

Cheers
Old 11-10-2014, 03:14 PM

Default another newbie😅

Hello out there!

This post is to look for someone who is willing to teach a first time hunter and make a friend for future hunts!

I am 27 years old, relatively fit and am able to pay my own way and maybe some beer as a thanks!

Right now I have basic gear, a PAL and hunting license but no tags.

Even as just a tag along to help carry or do some grunt work to learn would be really appreciated

Please pm me if interested

Thanks for reading,

Paul

Last edited by mindoutside; 11-10-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM

If anyone in the red deer area looking to do some hunting this week let know I'm out w.e. have WT, elk and blk bear tag.i have Full gear and ready to rock etc.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
Hello out there!

This post is to look for someone who is willing to teach a first time hunter and make a friend for future hunts!

I am 27 years old, relatively fit and am able to pay my own way and maybe some beer as a thanks!

Right now I have basic gear, a PAL and hunting license but no tags.

Even as just a tag along to help carry or do some grunt work to learn would be really appreciated

Please pm me if interested

Thanks for reading,

Paul

I should mention that I live in Calgary and I am willing to hunt/learn any type of game. I have 30-06, .22 and a pair of 12gauge
Old 11-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Banned

Hi,
I`m new here. Anyone want to take new hunter to deer hunt in Calgary?
Old 11-15-2014, 09:02 AM

It is illegal to discharge a firearm within city limits.