Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-19-2011, 03:19 PM

Some of you may be sick of this video already, but whenever I see someone asking for help at Spray I think of linking them to my trip back in December...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m210DDjjVI

5W
Old 02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Weight View Post
Some of you may be sick of this video already, but whenever I see someone asking for help at Spray I think of linking them to my trip back in December...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m210DDjjVI

5W
Off topic but Seriously 5W, I'd rather watch this 100 times than some fellow on a bass boat flopping frogs for smallmouth in golf course ponds in North Carolina. I'll even go as far to say that; the quality of the vid would easily make a pretty good promo/treatment to start your own fishing show. I'll even go as further and say; should you seek sponsors I'd be more than glad to help you find them. Wouldn't it be nice to see just an Alberta show with all fishing on ice or from shore, no boats, an everyman show.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Just got back from spray, thanks for all the tips and help! Everyone that came had a great time. Ended up bringing in a 20-21" laker, without a rod just on a spool of line.. one of the greatest ice fishing fights of my life! 10 min later it was in the tent, Ill put a couple pics up right away here. And thanks to Fishbrain for helping me find the great spot.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
How far is the walk down and how far and how deep is the snow , can a old guy make it .
Hey Jimboy it' s about 200yrds to the ice im guessing from the road going down hill. last time i was out the snow was maybe up close to your knees in some place's but other then that it was packed down.

im sure an old guy can make it im out of shape fat and manage to make er down there haha..

send me a pm if you wanna join us the more the better!

leaving around 5:30am from Calgary North East.

Bubbles.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairh View Post
Just got back from spray, thanks for all the tips and help! Everyone that came had a great time. Ended up bringing in a 20-21" laker, without a rod just on a spool of line.. one of the greatest ice fishing fights of my life! 10 min later it was in the tent, Ill put a couple pics up right away here. And thanks to Fishbrain for helping me find the great spot.
Good on ya Blairh!!

how many did you manage to hook on ?
is the snow deep there still ?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
CTire carries them but I've been looking for the 2" Glo buzzbombs for awhile now at BP, FishnHole and WSS. I finally found one at WSS this week and grabbed the last one. Most places have a good selection on Wht/Pnk and Wht/Blue 2" bombs though. Would say they are the next best especially Wht/Pnk.
Just got back from the CT in the NE (near Deerfoot Mall) - they've got more than 10 glow-in-the-dark buzzbombs, in a variety of sizes.

Just a headsup in case you want some more!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM

managed to land 3 in total, a few nice hits as well. Probably woulda got more but had to try and help the others get into fish, rebating hooks etc... Snow was maybe a foot, there is water under it but i never managed to step through the crust into it.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
leaving around 5:30am from Calgary North East.

Bubbles.
Leaving about the same time from SW. Might see some of you fellas out there.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
Leaving about the same time from SW. Might see some of you fellas out there.
If you check this in the morning will be out there with out a tent near sparrowhawk come by and visit!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairh View Post
Lots of fish in that area!!! they like to come thru there. Glad you got to show off the lakers to your friends. We will have to getout sometime again.
THat is a beauty fish!!!!!

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
If you check this in the morning will be out there with out a tent near sparrowhawk come by and visit!
were u the black tent? i was out by sparrowhawk this morning, didnt last very long tho, wore the wrong boots and my feet were frozen!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 PM

Couple pictures, finally figured out how to get em off my phone onto here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (23).JPG (131.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg photo (22).JPG (110.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosnowsk8er View Post
were u the black tent? i was out by sparrowhawk this morning, didnt last very long tho, wore the wrong boots and my feet were frozen!
Nope i was with the 2 guys just out on the ice we were out there till 1pm today.

were you the people who packed up early and left ? if so we were to the south of you.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM

I was out until about 1:30...it was horrible early in the morning (7-10) -- slow action (just a couple of fish); smelts were frozen solid within half an hour, hands were starting to hurt from cold...but then the sun came over the hills, and it got warm fast. Not to mention, the fish started hitting pretty well. Nothing over about 17-18", but caught quite a few. Hated to have to leave, but I had to get back to town...and I ran out of bait. Late bite, today, for Spray (most of my hits were between 11:30 and 1:30).

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 02-20-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Nope i was with the 2 guys just out on the ice we were out there till 1pm today.

were you the people who packed up early and left ? if so we were to the south of you.
i was the most north of the people, and ya i packed up early about 10:30, my feet were frozen and i only got a few nibbles...
Old 02-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosnowsk8er View Post
i was the most north of the people, and ya i packed up early about 10:30, my feet were frozen and i only got a few nibbles...
Yeah it was pretty damn cold when we got there around 7 but when the sun came up it got really nice and toasty out. the hike down was horrid too deep snow not packed down got stuck up to my waste in some places.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:05 PM

bubbles -- it must have been you guys that I pulled in behind, just as we were both arriving, at 7:00ish. I was out on the lake ahead of you, and you set up to the North of where I was.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
Just got back from the CT in the NE (near Deerfoot Mall) - they've got more than 10 glow-in-the-dark buzzbombs, in a variety of sizes.

Just a headsup in case you want some more!
Ya could of been us if so you passed us on the way down I was the guy dragging my bum getting down to the ice lol