Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Default Fishing Gear Evolution (Sufix 832 & Koppers LiveTarget)

Wow guys,
I've been following the new fishing products for 2011 iCast, and these new products really caught my eye:

Sufix 832 Braid with Gore

I've always been a PowerPro man, But I think I'll give this line a try (thanks to 45 minutes of research). The concept of the line being more water resistant, "thinnest braid", and zero stretch. Has anyone purchased a spool?
It's amazing how line has changed over the last 11 years, Mono was really big. Then in the last 8 years freshwater superline has become the new big thing. Now a couple of years ago they introduced Flourocarbon lines -- Which in my opinion are amazing-- which really boosted the line economy LOL. And now with this super line they are adding technologies like Gore. It's pretty amazing.

Koppers Live Target Lures (Not new to 2011)

I have never used these, but common sense tells you that these would be superior to all other hard-baits because of the incredible detail. I bought my buddy one of these one for his birthday, but he is a spoonman so he hasn't used it....
I would have my own in my tackle box, but they run at $15 a piece, so I'll wait till a 50% off sale haha
Anyone use these?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM

i used the live target baits alot. you can get em at the fishn hole in west ed.
they work great i somehow always to get the expensive hooks snagged lol
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

That suffix line is not thinner than powerpro, and is definitely not thinnest, far from it. It would be good for pike, but not so much for walleye.

Koppers are pretty to look at, i have a few, shiners big and small, that perch you posted and the swimbait. To be honest they do not work so well compared to others. In flowing water they tend to go belly up and can't track properly. Was really frustrated with them trying to get a walleye at SSR.

For the money i'd rather go with Sebile swimbaits, for cranks and minnows LuckyCraft Pointer gives excellent quality(you can "walk the dog" down deep with these).

Storm makes good swimbaits as well, they don't look as pretty as koppers but they work much better, and cost a bit less.

Koppers has good marketing, but their products are far from innovative, and quality sucks, take a better look where they make them and that should answer all of your doubts.

If you want hitec stuff, Japanese products are a way to go, you truly get what you pay for. Megabass and luckycraft are at the top of my list, but there are a lot more to choose from. For braid look into Varivas.

Last edited by jeprli; 02-21-2011 at 11:13 AM.