Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
here's on and equally bad,,, I said something to the fellow who did it and it got quite verbal but I just couldn't shut up about it and I'm really even tempered.

Story; fishing at Badger and a guy a bit over catches an udersized pike,, lifts the fish by the line to measure it, handles the fish like he's trying to get a cork out of a wine bottle without a corkscrew, cuts his line because his mangling way of getting the hook out wasn't working -seriously it was brutal- then lobs the fish in the water and it floats away,,, short while later, pelican gobbles the fish,,, hopefully the treble was lodged in some meat so the bird could pass the hook,, who knows. I know pike have a tough persona but there is no way in hell that a pike would go through anything like that in its habitat.
Iv seen that a few times, makes me mad how people treat them like "garbage" fish. No matter the fish/size why cant one learn proper release tecniques, its quite easy if you dont intent to keep the fish put it back for the next person down the road to catch and make into a lunch
Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprime27 View Post
This really makes me angry.. Found this guy today.. poor thing If I ever find out whom did this it's time for this big man to get VERY VERY angry
would off been a nice fish thats for sure,,, someones a total @@@@ing jerk thats for sure
Old 02-14-2012, 02:59 PM

That's something else...I belive it was two years ago on gull where a guy fishing within an ears shot of me kids found 4 or 5 burbot on the ice burried in some snow in diffent spots ...I thought when the kids said they found a fish it would have been filleted ....not at all nice whole burbot.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
here's on and equally bad,,, I said something to the fellow who did it and it got quite verbal but I just couldn't shut up about it and I'm really even tempered.

Story; fishing at Badger and a guy a bit over catches an udersized pike,, lifts the fish by the line to measure it, handles the fish like he's trying to get a cork out of a wine bottle without a corkscrew, cuts his line because his mangling way of getting the hook out wasn't working -seriously it was brutal- then lobs the fish in the water and it floats away,,, short while later, pelican gobbles the fish,,, hopefully the treble was lodged in some meat so the bird could pass the hook,, who knows. I know pike have a tough persona but there is no way in hell that a pike would go through anything like that in its habitat.
Always pinch your barbs kids!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Well at least we are on the same page then.
good I'm glad we are.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:41 PM

Do you guys fillet trout? I gut salmoniods. Just curious.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
good I'm glad we are.
Christ, enough you two. Take your damn lovers quarrel to pm already.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
Christ, enough you two. Take your damn lovers quarrel to pm already.
meh he don't like me and I despise him we are on the same level now.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Dear ******* poacher, if you are to lazy to fillet a trout dont put it on the ice just put it back down the hole. No reason a 5-6lb brown trout from a lake where they are far and few between have to go to waste.
really? as mentioned by others, do you know how this beautiful specimen came to this demise? did you witness the person you're accusing of killing and leaving the fish on the ice. this "poacher." come on. i could make assumptions all day too as to how it got there, but i don't know so it's not right. granted a nice fish somehow was found on top the ice and dead, it happens. it very well may have not happened at the hands of someone maliciously. C'est la vie. it's a shame but the birds have to eat too. i hope you left it for them. sorry man, i hope they'll put some more in there for you.

Dace
Old 02-14-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
really? as mentioned by others, do you know how this beautiful specimen came to this demise? did you witness the person you're accusing of killing and leaving the fish on the ice. this "poacher." come on. i could make assumptions all day too as to how it got there, but i don't know so it's not right. granted a nice fish somehow was found on top the ice and dead, it happens. C'est la vie. it's a shame but the birds have to eat too. i hope you left it for them. sorry man, i hope they'll put some more in there for you.

Dace
Well what do we have here...some logic...that's a change on the forum for once. Well said Dace, couldn't agree more.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Exclamation Gather Info First

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
Well what do we have here...some logic...that's a change on the forum for once. Well said Dace, couldn't agree more.
X2 Get the facts............................................. ..
Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM

People like them, make it harder on us !!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM

X3 i agree with dace. Could of been dead in the ice and the warm weather and sun melted. To many things could of happened.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo1969 View Post
X3 i agree with dace. Could of been dead in the ice and the warm weather and sun melted. To many things could of happened.
x4
I think that the fish likely died of natural causes.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM

Wow G-homo prime 27!!! you seem to have something nice to say no matter whose comment comes up! i want the five min of my life back that i spent reading that GARBAGE from your finger tips, this is a site that people can post there opinions,have questions answered and talk about issues that concern us.

the fact that you don't like someone because of what they say when you have never met them or know anything about them is RETARDED and shows a lot about your lack of character. You wanna bitch whine and moan about some guys post giving you a headache!! enough is enough especially when all you are doing is giving the rest of us on here a $#!$#% migraine.

p.s i really dont like you...lol
Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapalaman View Post
Wow G-homo prime 27!!! you seem to have something nice to say no matter whose comment comes up! i want the five min of my life back that i spent reading that GARBAGE from your finger tips, this is a site that people can post there opinions,have questions answered and talk about issues that concern us.

the fact that you don't like someone because of what they say when you have never met them or know anything about them is RETARDED and shows a lot about your lack of character. You wanna bitch whine and moan about some guys post giving you a headache!! enough is enough especially when all you are doing is giving the rest of us on here a $#!$#% migraine.

p.s i really dont like you...lol

Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Who is to say that picture is real ?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post

I bitched and whined? I just mearly said what I wanted. but, since you seem to think everything I have to say is garbage. That's my last post for good. Good day goodnight and good luck fishing all you that I have met from here and fished with.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Any one wanna place a bet on who gets banned first?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Likely a released fish where the guy kissed him and said thank you fish , then the fish died from the handling, and the jerm infested kiss , then floated to the top .
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

i like coming to the fishing section once in a while. when i see what goes on here it makes the hunters bickering look pretty tame like we are all old buds....
Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

It's not one of those carp that'll jump right out of the hole when they hear a noise is it?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
i like coming to the fishing section once in a while. when i see what goes on here it makes the hunters bickering look pretty tame like we are all old buds....
Ya, it's a gong show a lot of the time.

I think a lot of posters come here to blow off steam.

Regardless, it's lively and can be hilarious as long as everyone plays nice.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Perhaps it died because some one was fishing with barbed hooks and could not release it quick enough....... Sorry Huntsfurfish .....had to ..lol
Old 02-15-2012, 12:29 AM

gprime, grow up. "rawr" in the title....one dead fish. Good god. What a tragedy to go on and on about. I'm sure life will continue in its fashion.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

If there's anything I'm certain of in life it is taxes and the death of fishes.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
If there's anything I'm certain of in life it is taxes and the death of fishes.
Sorry I don't pay taxes.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Banned

Just called the Canadian Revenue Service but they said they can't act on my tip because it is hearsay evidence.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Just called the Canadian Revenue Service but they said they can't act on my tip because it is hearsay evidence.
You can call anyone you want if you were as smart as you think you are you would know why ...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
thats where you are wrong. if you tip them they will check it out....like they are supposed too....