Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 PM

I guess the bets/ wagers are going to have to wait till after July 14 ... I know I got the draw with my priority but not sure if my cousin WJ or my uncle Gary as they have a 50% chance. Than we can hash out the friendly bets ... Lol ... This kinda sounds like fun ... I bet were going to see some Cranker deer this year with alot of awesome mule deer hunters pulling a tag..... Maybe Evan see a wicked whitetail taken with a bow ..... Wink
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Some cranker mules there W/T Junkie! That first one, the oddball son-of-a %&*, hes beyond cool, how could ya pass that! Best be leaving a little elbow room at the table boys, I might want in too! So between Stinkycoyote, Chet, Pottymouth, no doubt Mamba too, W/TJunkie, Droptine, Rackmastr and Bambi, any of you girls cook up a wager, or still busy struttin around LOL!?
Haha I most certainly am not in the running for killing a giant mule buck this year. I just stated that I thought that the odds were high on saying you'd shoot the biggest buck on the forum as there are a PILE of giants killed each year by some very top end guys here.

So no money here, other than I think odds are tough on guaranteeing you'll kill the biggest buck on the site, and I'd take a high odds bet any day!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned

i dont think there is even a favorite from the list of guys pulling mule tags this year. anyone can smack a hog, but there are some proven consistent trophy killers going hunting in a few months. the only sure thing i see is that its a bad year to be a big mule deer. on the bright side.....one of them bucks is going to be famous because of this thread, lol.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Banned

Well well.... This is going to be a good year for a hog as I know of 3 that will all go over 210" I know all survived the winter. So put me down as a runner this year. I passed up over 200 different muledeer last year. hoping to see even bigger better deer this year. Good luck to all this year.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Hows this wager going to work? Potty and Mamba are archery I'm betting. The V gang are rifle and muzzy. How are we gonna level the feild ?
Let's see !! I got limited access, limited range(40 Yards), limited time ( twins due in Sept ) Sounds fair and equal to me !!! Now if I was single again, I'd have the advantage forsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Inches?? No chit

Thinking maybe the boy bows get a handicap?

Would like to hear what the buck looks like, that potty is watching. What would he have went last year Potty?
Steve, I thought I showed that buck I was chasing last year on video??
Either way we got him at a solid 195 net typ.......But the non typ is gonna be Blackmamba's and mine's wild card.....
Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Why, inches of course Steve! The smart money will unquestionably be on the bow boysNot sure how or if they want to iron er out, should hear from them soon, dont think many of em would miss an opportunity to blow thier horns LOL!
Inches can be one of them, as long as it's NET.....and we can base them off the Alberta Records on a % level , closest to the record in catergory and weapon...JMO, feel free to add..Gents.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Woa, easy now Potty, no one said anything about a net 195 before, I prefer we do er based on gross inches. Id still have to pull of something world class on my end, but it would be easier!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Woa, easy now Potty, no one said anything about a net 195 before, I prefer we do er based on gross inches. Id still have to pull of something world class on my end, but it would be easier!
I'd be the least worried about the guys who's gonna have 3 kids under 16 months....lol. Plus he isn't on the ground yet, and I'm 0 for 1 on years. I f I was gonna a lay a bet, I'd go with Mamba, it looks like he's shaping up for a the year of his life. % of net looks better, and easier to do. Then you won't have a fight that a 195 non typ is better/bigger than a 190 typ...
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 PM

Well , well , well... I just seen this thread and its looks as though we have quite the party going on .. I am not gonna say much , but I will put up some cake on this one !!!

WTJ statement is pretty bold , but if I had guide working for me ( family member or not ) you better shoot the biggest deer on AOF , cause if you dont , just know you ll be the laughing stock of this forum ... just based on your statement alone ..

Mamba,
Old 07-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
Well , well , well... I just seen this thread and its looks as though we have quite the party going on .. I am not gonna say much , but I will put up some cake on this one !!!

WTJ statement is pretty bold , but if I had guide working for me ( family member or not ) you better shoot the biggest deer on AOF , cause if you dont , just know you ll be the laughing stock of this forum ... just based on your statement alone ..

Mamba,
That is also a very bold statement!!!