Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM

Default Great service

If anyone is thinking of getting a new vice, look at the Nor-vice. I wanted to get the fine jaws for my vice and I had a few questions so I decided to call the company. Guess who picks up the phone, the owner Norm himself. He answered all my questions and talked a little fishing with me. I don't know of any vice company that when you call you get the head guy. he wasn't in any rush to get off the line and was a pleasure to talk to.
Customer service goes a long way these days and Norm excels in this. The bonus is that this is a great vice also. Dubbing on this vice is a dream. check out the videos on his site and join the norvice nation.

Garlic
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 AM

At one point I thought about trying this vise. It was out of my price range. I like my rotary vise I have now. Have heard nothing but great things about the Nor-vise and it looks pretty neat in the video.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:25 AM

I recently picked up a nor vise and love it. I am thinking about getting the fine point conversion. I bought a cheapo bamboo cutting board from Winners and use that as my tying station now. My only beef is that the rear hub has become very tarnished and almost like the finish is chipping off to show raw brass. It doesnt affect the functionality at all but is very noticable.

The automatic bobbin is nice but I find it a pain to have to always be switching out the clutch from spool to spool. I love the system however.